Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
8,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its getting nasty already...

'Give us a chance,' Biden tells G20 protesters

VINA DEL MAR, Chile (AFP) – US Vice President Joe Biden on Saturday called for tens of thousands of protesters already on the streets of Europe ahead of a G20 summit next week to give governments a chance to tackle the economic crisis.

"I would hope that the protesters give us a chance, listen to what we have to say and hopefully we can make it clear to them that we're going to walk away from this G20 meeting with some concrete proposals," Biden said at a news conference after a meeting of center-left politicians in Chile.

Tens of thousands frustrated by the deepest global recession since the 1930s took to the streets of London Saturday, as well as thousands more in Paris, Berlin and Frankfurt, ahead of Thursday's summit of the Group of 20 industrialized and developing economies.

"The action that is happening in London today I understand, and we will respond to it at the G20," said British Prime Minister Gordon Brown, who will host the London meeting.

Biden added: "I would say to the protesters that unless we talk, unless we attempt to deal with this changed circumstance we find ourselves in, there is no solution. Things will only get worse."

Protesters in London plan a series of mass demos ahead of the G20 and have rejected police claims that they could be hijacked by anarchists bent on violence.

A university professor has been suspended from his job after warning that bankers would be "hanging from lampposts" during the protests, and finance workers have been advised to dress down to avoid attracting attention.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090328/pl_afp/chilesummitleftistsg20protests2ndlead_20090328190406

·
Dominate to Serve
2,432 Posts
I'd say that this was disgusting but I'm sure I'll be considered, once again, to be defending the "NWO". Alas. :)

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
8,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I'd say that this was disgusting but I'm sure I'll be considered, once again, to be defending the "NWO". Alas. :)
Not disgusting. It is representative of the people of the world who are fed up with these C-suckers ripping off the populace. They play with our money, screw up, blame it on someone else and then essentially pay off the "lawmakers" to give them more--and we get stuck with the bill.

I for one am sick and tired of it. I am truly surprised that there has not been violence against them or massive worldwide rioting and revolution. There have been some protests, but it is blacked out in our media.

I do not wish for it nor do I hope for it, but these SOBs are not listening to the masses. They need to be sent a very strong, loud and clear message that we have had enough.

·
Dominate to Serve
2,432 Posts
I disagree it is us that are to blame. I watched American Idol while my money and rights were taken. Sorry
We are the idiots who are voting in the members of government, so I'll agree with you.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
8,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The governments have the guns. The bankers do not. I'm always paying attention.
And who do you think provides the money to buy the guns? Tell you what, you go after the government, I will go after the Bankers and well will meet at the bondfire in the middle. Deal?

·
Dominate to Serve
2,432 Posts
And who do you think provides the money to buy the guns?
The terrified taxpayers.

Tell you what, you go after the government, I will go after the Bankers and well will meet at the bondfire in the middle. Deal?
Force isn't the answer to this particular problem. I know we will fundamentally disagree with that :).

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
8,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The terrified taxpayers.

Force isn't the answer to this particular problem. I know we will fundamentally disagree with that :).
And if the terrified taxpayers refuse to pay said taxes to deny those in power the means with which to achieve their obectives, they will sure as hell use force against us. They will use force to seize your property. They will use force to apprehend you and then they will incarcerate you. If you resist and fight for your freedom, you will be labeled a criminal and consequencse will be increased.

Does it not surprise you that those who would wield a pen as a weapon will shield themselves behind those with guns.

Force is all that is left when diplomacy fails.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Biden added: "I would say to the protesters that unless we talk, unless we attempt to deal with this changed circumstance we find ourselves in, there is no solution. Things will only get worse."

*bold emphasis mine*

ONCE AGAIN.....the implication is that ONLY the government can save us. ONLY they have the answers. Never mind they've bilked us out of trillions and sold our children and grandchildren into servitude. Never mind the lies and the deceit, never mind that they're chipping away at our fundamental rights each and every day. Never mind the agenda to strip us of our ability to provide ourselves with the basics of life...food and shelter.

ONCE AGAIN.....they're using fear tactics to push through their proposals that will make our very existence a hellish nightmare of Orwellian proportions.

They have brought the wrath of the people down upon their own heads like a storm. I say let it rain.

·
BowHunter
2,232 Posts

*bold emphasis mine*

ONCE AGAIN.....the implication is that ONLY the government can save us. ONLY they have the answers. Never mind they've bilked us out of trillions and sold our children and grandchildren into servitude. Never mind the lies and the deceit, never mind that they're chipping away at our fundamental rights each and every day. Never mind the agenda to strip us of our ability to provide ourselves with the basics of life...food and shelter.

ONCE AGAIN.....they're using fear tactics to push through their proposals that will make our very existence a hellish nightmare of Orwellian proportions.

They have brought the wrath of the people down upon their own heads like a storm. I say let it rain.
Well said:thumb:

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
8,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The WTO summit in Seattle was effectively stopped by a peaceful protest. It was the "authorities" that began using violence to stop the protest.

·
Minarchist (Jeffersonian)
3,306 Posts
"Sow the Wind, and Reap the Whirlwind"

Regardless of politics, the Bankers are the enablers for the government. Without the monetary power of the banks backing them, the government loses a vast quantity of it's power.

·
Destroyer of Ignorance
2,988 Posts
I love how the government intervenes in free markets, screws up the works and then stands back and points their fingers at the banks. Let us all remember that NONE of this would be happening if the damned government had just followed the Constitution and let bad companies goes bankrupt.

At the root of 90% of all problems lies government.

·
Registered
358 Posts
The onus should be on the governments, not the bankers.
Sorry but in case you missed it these bankers bought these corrupt politicians and then basically wrote the laws to suit their desires. Then when TSHTF these same bankers basically called their employees (ie the government) and told them what they wanted. I am sure that this is an over simplification of how it went down but I think I am close. Also look at who is supposedly been managing these robberies. Ex Bankers.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts