Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
testing testing......... I bought two 12-20 guge bandoliers and am quiet satisfied at this point(non leather, I hear those are great)

who likes em who hates em

what's your take and why.

thinking about sewing in some cover flaps for the brass to cut down on gleem...openions on that too.

Thank You for your coments.

·
Deo VIndice
6,108 Posts
Where did ya get em? Link? Cost? Pics?

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
You can get the 25 rounders at Chinamart for like $4. I have two ofthem ,and they've lasted so far. BTW you can the get 50 shell version at Cabelas cheaper at only $10. CTD is usually not cheaper than most.

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
Now you need a sombrero! I have one, I've never used it. For bird hunting I just keep shells in my game vest pockets. For an emergency, you will be cursing trying to pull shells from the holders, one at a time. Cool but not very useful in my opinion.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Bandoleers over the shoulder are fine to carry a lot of shot shells, but the sling version has a real drawback. Try to bring the gun up quickly on target,and the watch the muzzle sway fron the pendulum effect of all that weight on the sling.

·
Behind Enemy Lines
3,408 Posts
I've seen nylon shotgun bandoleers all over the place, these ones seem to be the best price but you never know until you get your hands on them if they are quality or not. I like the idea of this 24 round sling/bandoleer http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/SHT015-1.html
almost as much as the 50 round traditional one http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/SHT020-1.html cause you always have it attached to the shotgun
I just ordered the 50-round one from CheaperThanDirt. I'll let you guys know how it is when I try it out. :cool:

·
Super Moderator
Psalm 34:4
23,557 Posts
I have bandoleers for my rifle ammo. I don't use them when hunting but I wanted a way to carry more ammo when SHTF without using up space in my BOB. With the bandoleers I can just through them over my shoulder and go.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Where did ya get em? Link? Cost? Pics?
Sorry for lack of detail... Cabellas - 50round - $10.

I loaded them up and they are pretty comfortable. I did one with slugs and one with buck shot, I can acctually toss both of them over my left sholder and have no problems. I was thinking about getting a couple of them to use in ammo storage.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
maybe its because I weight train with the shotgun, or that I just have naturally beefy arms, but I've never been bothered much by the pendulum effect. It probably would be a factor with longer range rifled slug shots, but its not too bad as it is.

ive been told that every move I make will squeeze the shot out of the loops. I carried it and the only problem I had was 1 shell that popped out when the sling got hung up on my side arm. So I switched to african carry and all was right with the world.

What I like is the range of loads you can carry right on the weapon, not specifically its ability to carry a lot. The shotgun is very versatile with many different types of shell loads. The sling lets me carry many different types, and as there are 40 rounds in and on the weapon- you really dont need anything else with it- just grab and go.

·
Behind Enemy Lines
3,408 Posts
maybe its because I weight train with the shotgun, or that I just have naturally beefy arms, but I've never been bothered much by the pendulum effect. It probably would be a factor with longer range rifled slug shots, but its not too bad as it is.
nic pic! that says "I mean business" :thumb:

·
22,122 Posts
hell, combine that with the driver and you get some serious friggin buisness lol

·
22,122 Posts
nope, THIS is my game face...

·
Registered
604 Posts
I like the belt ones that carry 25 rds best. I keep one clipped over the hanger rack in the closet for quick access. I also put a small pouch on it with a couple field dressings just in case.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I like the idea of having 100 rounds of my favorites close at hand. I want to get one of those belts too, I want oogling those when I ordered my bandoliers. I couldn't figure how you would get the shells off the sling version when things were going down. Plus the swing factor when you are aquireing your next target if they aren't alone. I've never used the sling so I don't know first hand, but if it works for you, hey :thumb: .

1 - 20 of 21 Posts