Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
930 Posts
While a funny video, no one seems to understand that "balancing the budget" would speed the collapse along.

unless someone cares to tell me how the economy today can survive a 50% cut in government spending and how the private sector can absorb all the now laid off government workers?

Anyone?

McFly?

·
Registered
248 Posts
While a funny video, no one seems to understand that "balancing the budget" would speed the collapse along.

unless someone cares to tell me how the economy today can survive a 50% cut in government spending and how the private sector can absorb all the now laid off government workers?

Anyone?

McFly?
You bring up a very good point. It crystallizes (in my mind) the parameters of the "box" we're in. The guv doesn't have any good choices anymore without a lot of pain for the populace. I pray for mercy on America as it begins to face the inevitable...

·
Mall ninja in training
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Anyone?

McFly?
All the more reason that cuts need to occur gradually, starting now. So many people are arguing that government spending is too large that we cannot afford to cut it. Which is a severe logical fallacy.

Think about it. Government spending is too much now, so we can't cut it, it has to keep going up until we're bankrupt? That's absurd. It's true that the private sector takes time to absorb the workers and create new businesses. But the alternative is a catastrophic economic disruption, at which point the private sector will have been completely devastated.

Oh. and when I say cuts, I don't mean "cuts" where expenditures increase less, but cuts where spending goes down. Duh.

·
Banned
930 Posts
All the more reason that cuts need to occur gradually, starting now. So many people are arguing that government spending is too large that we cannot afford to cut it. Which is a severe logical fallacy.

Think about it. Government spending is too much now, so we can't cut it, it has to keep going up until we're bankrupt? That's absurd. It's true that the private sector takes time to absorb the workers and create new businesses. But the alternative is a catastrophic economic disruption, at which point the private sector will have been completely devastated.

Oh. and when I say cuts, I don't mean "cuts" where expenditures increase less, but cuts where spending goes down. Duh.
Unless spending is at 0%(over what we take in) then you will still have exponential growth, which i am sure you know, means that the end result is the same, you just prolonged it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts