Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
The last of the Ravens
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so we caught the edges of the storm that hit northern Washington yesterday and in ten minutes of hail i lost 25 Kohlrabi plants:( (5 or 6 might make it, if i nurse them back:xeye:). not to mention the rhubarb took a real pounding (it will recover, i cut and took in all the damaged stems). and the baby spinach plants are looking a little pommeled.

anyone else having any weather woes recently?:(

·
Registered
282 Posts
yeah, cold weather still here in Sacramento for some reason...lows in the mid 40's, snow forecast for the mountains east of us, just a few rain showers for us, but cold...

weatherman said the last few years we were already in the mid 90's at this point...

sorry about your Kohlrabi...:(

·
Registered
96 Posts
We've had horrible rains. Kale and peas are doing fair but the butter beans rotted. We are waiting to plant green beans, brussell sprouts and tomatoes till it dries out some. Rough spring.

·
Waiting...Watching..
2,235 Posts
Its been freezing since Nov. We've had 2 good days (20C) and its back to artic winds on Tue coming and 8C. I dont live in the artic. Whats up with that. It should be 30C by now, not winter.

No tomatoes, still have winter plants flowering.

·
Waiting...Watching..
2,235 Posts
hey, Ireland checks in..:thumb:

did that volcano in Iceland effect you guys there or was it exaggerated? any smoke or dust?
I didnt see any fall, but I did see cool coloured sunsets and greenish night skys. Wish I could blame that for the weather, but no one here has ever seen a colder year. Bring back the rain, I wont complain anymore..

Reactions: wrt355

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
I didnt see any fall, but I did see cool coloured sunsets and greenish night skys. Wish I could blame that for the weather, but no one here has ever seen a colder year. Bring back the rain, I wont complain anymore..
What, no global warming there either??
We are having a cool, rainy spring yet. My cantalope seeds have had to be replanted because they apparently rotted. Everything else looks good.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Recently had a severe thunderstorm roll through with high winds and hail. Knocked down all my tomatoes, peppers and snapped a 20ft aluminum flag pole.

Luckily the plants had rooted good enough that I was able to stand them back up and re-pack them with dirt.

Put things into perspective on some of the adversities our ancestors would have faced. Wonder what plan B was for them when something like this happened? :eek: Couldn't just run down to the local supermarket

·
Custom User Title
2,969 Posts
A couple of days ago it started hailing hardcore but it was sunny out. It was one of those freak things where a cloud is almost right above you and raining but 50 feet away it was dry.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.