Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Piracy is new?

Haven't governments always been restricted in what "security operations" they can conduct in international waters?

I didn't quite understand the outrage in the article. I thought stuff like this has been going on for centuries?

???

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im not saying piracy is new or this one incident is particularly significant on the big picture, but 30k ton of grain today will lead to a tanker of crude or a freighter of who knows what tomorrow. Then before you know it its another Achille Lauro full of cruisers. Left alone they will become more bold with each successful attempt. Im just saying.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Im not saying piracy is new or this one incident is particularly significant on the big picture, but 30k ton of grain today will lead to a tanker of crude or a freighter of who knows what tomorrow. Then before you know it its another Achille Lauro full of cruisers. Left alone they will become more bold with each successful attempt. Im just saying.
Well, that's just it. Once it reaches the point in which it becomes a real dent in profits, action will be taken against them. As it is, it just isn't worth to bring to bear full force.

·
Registered
784 Posts
what was one of the first tests of the infant country United States of America? how does the first line of the Marine hymn go?

it was against the pirates of of the barbary coast. from the halls of montazeuma (sp) to the shores of tripoli.

so today the much vaunted navy cant do anything, or wont. then again i havent heard of any american flaged ships being taken. but if one is and then the U.S. Navy dont then it will be a politcal mistake

·
Scarred for life...
3,295 Posts
In a related story the Australian navy announced a two month shore leave for their ENTIRE NAVY....

I guess they can dump on the USA but when it comes to actually doing something to protect themselves they prefer to let us handle it.

·
Certifiable
723 Posts
Eventual outcome? Not until they are all dead!

They just Saturday seized a supertanker. The U.S. Navy is shadowing them but since it is a "hostage situation" they are taking no action. It has $100,000 million dollars of oil on it or something. They can ransom it or if they really wanted to raise hell they could blow it up and cause a catastrophe beyond anyone's dreams.

These guys might as well have a nuclear weapon at this point.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
one of these days them pirates will bite off more than they can pillage...

and I'll laugh my ass off

·
Premium Member
5,483 Posts
one of these days them pirates will bite off more than they can pillage...

and I'll laugh my ass off
I like it!

This will continue until enough of TPTB get tired of it and send in some type of force...If they do, hopefully plenty of them with wide open ROE.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts