Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Pilot
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else had a bad experience with J&G Sales in Prescott AZ? They have a big website and advertize in some publications as well. Anyway, I called them a week and a half ago enquiring about buying two rifles. I was told that the Henry Survival Rifle was in stock and that they could order me the other one I wanted as it was not in stock. I gave all my contact information to the guy on the phone, including my credit card number to pay for the Henry, and ask that he call me when the second rifle came in so I could come pick them both up at once and do all the transfer paperwork at that time. Well, I never heard from them and so I called today to find out what was happening with my order. They said they had never heard of me! Had no record of my call, my order, no invoice for either rifle and no record of any purchase by me. My name was not even in there computer! And of course the Henry had been sold. Needless to say I am mad. What kind of business are you running when you take an order and form of payment over the phone, say the payment will be processed the same day, and then lose / cancel the entire order and contact information of the customer?

·
Sugar-free
4,184 Posts
In their defense, an employee there told me that they have never been this busy. Ever. Unfortunately, it seems you were lost in the shuffle somewhere. I have dealt with J&G sales many times, and have had nothing but good experiences with them.

·
Premium Member
12,366 Posts
i have mail ordered from J&G many times with complete satisfaction,sorry to read about your bad experience with them.........

·
Shooter
429 Posts
Yeah, everyone is swamped with orders right now. Not to change anything here, but one company I am VERY happy with is AIM surplus. They are a VERY upstanding company!!!!!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hummmm

Just down the road from them is High Country guns...
nice guys lots of toys !!..bought my Microtech rifle
from them....best price....good luck! :thumb:

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Wheres that piece of paper with your credit card info???

·
My powder's dry,is yours?
556 Posts
I go into their store probably 3 times a month and have never had a problem.I sure it was an honest mistake on their part.

·
Scarred for life...
3,295 Posts
I have made several purchases from them.

One of the first was a Colt Series 80 Government Model. Laely it has been Garand en bloc clips and other odds and ends.

Id say over a 15 year period they have gotten a step slower. Maybe I was just thrilled with my pistol 20 years ago and didn't notice the time it took to get here but I don't remember it taking very long at all.

As previously stated they are very busy and may have just "dropped the ball".

·
Banned
630 Posts
I have ordered quite a few items from them over the years, never had a problem, they have always been prompt in getting the order out.........

·
I'm the boogey man.......
6,686 Posts
Order from them, AIM Surplus, Ammoman and Ammo to Go all the time, no problems with any of them and we're talking about 10's of thousands of rounds over the years and a lot of gun accessories and even 2 guns from J&G.

·
25 Or 6 to 4
8,006 Posts
Nothing to worry about from those folks. Everyone is blowing orders right now. Give it some time and try again.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts