Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Wild Edibles Expert
10,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's long been know that woman are attracted to "bad boy" for having kids but not "good man" who usually gets to raise Bad Boy's kids for the opportunity of having some children with her on her second time around. And now this study from England:

Faced with picture of men with and without different scars, women rated the scarred faces as better looking, but scars did not enhance women's attractiveness to men.

"This is the first study to demonstrate that under certain circumstances post-traumatic scarring may increase a person's perceived social worth,'' say the researchers from the universities of Liverpool and Stirling.

"Our results suggest that under certain circumstances scars may advertise valued information about their bearers, and that the idea that scarring universally devalues social perceptions can no longer be assumed to be true."

In the study, published in the journal Personality and Individual Differences, around 220 people were asked to look at pictures of men and women, some of which had been manipulated to have different scars.

Results show that scarring enhances women's ratings of men's attractiveness for short-term, but not for long-term, relationships. Men's ratings of female attractiveness were unaffected by scarring.

Exactly why women favour scars is not clear, but one theory is that they provide visible evidence of past trauma and may also communicate information about the man's history and personality, as well as affect their attractiveness.

It has also been suggested that scarring associated with violence may signal to a woman that the man has a risk-taking personality or above average masculinity, both of which might appeal to women for short term relationships. Because of that, scars may indirectly be a sign of good genes or a strong immune system that also appeal to women for short-term relationships.

The scars that are rated attractive are those that appear to be associated with post traumatic events or violence of some kind.

"Scars that indicate past illness like chickenpox, acne, or surgery scars, and which therefore suggest a weaker immune system, may be viewed more negatively than other types of scarring," says the report.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sciencea...acial-scars-can-help-win-a-womans-heart..html
Related Content

·
Premium Member
6,848 Posts
Simon Weston, a great man, a Welsh Guardsman horrifically burned in the Falklands War.

It's all bull.

A scar through the eyebrow or down a cheek is a whole different ball game to what he has, surviving a burning troopship.

A scar gained in a drunken brawl is completely different to scars gained from a Super Etendard attack.

200+ idiots in a poll, what does that prove?

·
Wild Edibles Expert
10,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Simon Weston, a great man, a Welsh Guardsman horrifically burned in the Falklands War.

YouTube - David Cameron launches the Military Covenant Commission

It's all bull.

No, some of it is bull.

A scar through the eyebrow or down a cheek is a whole different ball game to what he has, surviving a burning troopship.

A different kind of scar as mention in the study. And not without my understanding. My father at age 52 got third degree burns over 55% of his body, and lived. He looked like a bad quilt for the rest of his life.

A scar gained in a drunken brawl is completely different to scars gained from a Super Etendard attack.

200+ idiots in a poll, what does that prove?
I have no idea what a Super Etendard is ... but I remember there used to be a German or Austrian officers school that had the barber scar graduates on the cheek (if they did not have a sword scar there already ) as to mark them from that academy.

But more to the point... a man scarred in battle is Good Man, not Bad Boy, and thus not as alluring as Bad Boy. It is well established woman is attracted to Bad Boy who will bed her and dump her. Then she calls upon Good Man to settle down with and raise bad boys kids while, offering sex and perhaps more kids in the bargain.

So while I think marriage is insanity for a man, if one is so inclined, the best course is be a good man but act like a bad boy. Then you get her, and can keep her.

·
Premium Member
6,848 Posts
I have no idea what a Super Etendard is ... but I remember there used to be a German or Austrian officers school that had the barber scar graduates on the cheek (if they did not have a sword scar there already ) as to mark them from that academy.

But more to the point... a man scarred in battle is Good Man, not Bad Boy, and thus not as alluring as Bad Boy. It is well established woman is attracted to Bad Boy who will bed her and dump her. Then she calls upon Good man to settle down with and raise bad boys kids while, offering sex and perhaps more kids in the bargain.
Off topic, I hope you don't mind Dean (funnily enough me and sticks had a conversation about "bad boy breeders" this evening).

A Super Entendard (if I spelled it right?) is a very good French aircraft, it launched Exorcet (sp?) missiles that could take out a ship from 100 miles.

These aircraft and missiles caused havoc for the Navy.

As it was, we, the British won.

Remember, we were what, 7000 miles from home?

The Argentinian Air Force were very good indeed, but the RAF Harrier pilots eventually took their toll.

The Argentinian Army did have some good professional units (most were conscripts) but the sheer professionalism of the British soldiers in that incredibly harsh environment and circumstances won through. What they did was incredible....

One battalion of the Parachute Regiment attacked a mountain, with dug in defenses and won. The odds against them were 3/1.

After the Falkland War there were many British units who were then sent to train with their US counterparts.

Many were impressed with what the British Military had done, given the resources which the British had, few countries could of achieved such a victory.

Through his own personal tragedy Simon Weston gave a generation of people a lot to "think of".

YB

·
Premium Member
6,848 Posts

But more to the point... a man scarred in battle is Good Man, not Bad Boy, and thus not as alluring as Bad Boy. It is well established woman is attracted to Bad Boy who will bed her and dump her. Then she calls upon Good Man to settle down with and raise bad boys kids while, offering sex and perhaps more kids in the bargain.

So while I think marriage is insanity for a man, if one is so inclined, the best course is be a good man but act like a bad boy. Then you get her, and can keep her.
I'd like to be a bad boy to my lass but I just can't (too much of the English gent in me).

But she does "respect me" when I put my foot down and say NO! :D:

·
Premium Member
6,848 Posts
what about fat, bald, computer geeks who post on forums all day?????
Yes, what about you?

Top off, machete and $hite axe in hand.

Was that even your picture because you have a $hite axe in the (what I think was a) woman (not so subtle) threatening post you made.

Do I know you as a different name? because I'm wondering.....

How do you feel?

Freakazoid....

Here are some "real men".

Their case has recently been answered in the UK courts.

I'm proud to say that the British people are incredibly happy to see our allies rewarded so.

Professor Sir Ralph Turner, MC, who served with the 3rd Queen Alexandra’s Own Gurkha Rifles in the First World War to thank for writing the following:

“As I write these last words, my thoughts return to you who were my comrades, the stubborn and indomitable peasants of Nepal. Once more I hear the laughter with which you greeted every hardship. Once more I see you in your bivouacs or about your fires, on forced march or in the trenches, now shivering with wet and cold, now scorched by a pitiless and burning sun. Uncomplaining you endure hunger and thirst and wounds; and at the last your unwavering lines disappear into the smoke and wrath of battle. Bravest of the brave, most generous of the generous, never had country more faithful friends than you“

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
I really have not read enough of this to post but I am going to anyway:cool:

Why do bad boys get women? Because women want to feel protected, pretty basic and primal.

·
Premium Member
6,848 Posts
whats a $hite axe?
A fantasy axe that would either break within a few hours of use or better still, when I took it off you and it knocked some sense into your skull.

When that "sad" yet predictable incident happens, we could call you not trixie but "hexie", it would split your current triple face asunder and your currently blacked out "ninja" face would be made in to two.

As for a roll in the leaves as you said in your thread. If you turned up at mine like that you would get a roll in the leaves with my knife in your solar plexus:thumb:.

But of course trixie, try not to be too harsh to me in the picture... After all, I might have to fish hook you. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,224 Posts
Look at that fish!
Dayum!
Conversation with the wife;
Me: Hey Ev, look at that fish.
Ev: Bait?
Me: I dunno what he used for bait.
Ev: No, in Philippines that would BE bait.......:upsidedown:

I dunno dude, looks like a hell of a fish to me, but I grew up in the desert and a 12 inch steelhead wows me.

·
Banned
8,012 Posts
its not a fanatsy ax its a fire ax, are you calling firefighters pu$$ies?

your just jealous cuz brits arent allowed to have axes or anything sharper than safety scissors.

·
Wild Edibles Expert
10,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
its not a fanatsy ax its a fire ax, are you calling firefighters pu$$ies?

your just jealous cuz brits arent allowed to have axes or anything sharper than safety scissors.
Well there is the famous line... "no sex please, we're British."

·
Registered
413 Posts
A lot of self proclaimed 'nice guys' (or 'good men' if you like) are really just spineless, insecure, manipulative jerks who pretend to be 'nice' because they confuse it with integrity and character.

'Nice guys don't get laid' is really just code for 'I pretended to be nice to her but the bitch saw through my act.' I dated a nice guy for years. I can do without the lies, the manipulation, the pathetic ego stroking and the guilt trips.

One more thing: the nice guy/ bad boy dichotomy is about as realistic and meaningful as the Madonna/whore complex. Women want real men, not cardboard cutouts.

·
Wild Edibles Expert
10,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
One more thing: the nice guy/ bad boy dichotomy is about as realistic and meaningful as the Madonna/whore complex. Women want real men, not cardboard cutouts.
The fact remains that is is well proven that woman is attracted to bad boy, has his kids, and then gets good man to raise them.

·
Banned
8,012 Posts
just for the record i was poking fun at anyone in particular, more the stereotype we all fall into being on the computer.......

1 - 20 of 33 Posts