·
Banned
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Make your own Fuel
Building Your own Still

http://running_on_alcohol.tripod.com/id2.html

Backyard ethanol
You can make fuel alcohol in your backyard, and many people are doing just that, and running their vehicles on clean-burning alcohol instead of gasoline.

You'll need a still, and you will need to ferment beer, or wine, from corn, barley, kitchen scraps, or even molasses. You can build your own still. We have excellent information available to help you learn what you need to know. Follow the links....

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
It's not that easy I tried it, we ended up with a tank full of stuff that if you drunk it, it would put you out for a week but the engine would not fire on it. I've also tried bio diesel from vegi oil the motor worked but had no power. maybe I did somthing wrong but on both projects we followed the plans and information to the letter. the pickups we used was a toyota SW4 with the standard diesel engine not electronic and a chevy S10 gasoline.

·
Limpin to safety.
7,639 Posts
You don't I guess. Its illegal, unless you pay the Thousand of dollars in tax and paperwork.
I looked into this, and was turned off.

Maybe you can have the materials and plans for this, just in case? How many of us here, have the potential for illegal possesion, with out actually having said product put together?

·
Limpin to safety.
7,639 Posts
Get a licence. I make my own ethenol. It's only illegal if you don't pay your taxes.

rill
Very true. From what I found, In NC it is extremely (in my income level, and opinion) expensive. I don't want to spend thousands to save hundreds.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
i thought you didnt need a liscence up to something like 40 gallons a year?

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Very true. From what I found, In NC it is extremely (in my income level, and opinion) expensive. I don't want to spend thousands to save hundreds.

The feds licence is free, Wisconsin only charges road taxes. It's less than $200.00 because we are an ag state and this is an ag use. NC rules and regs can be found here:

http://www.ncabc.com/permits/commercial_kinds.aspx

Here the form you need to fill out:

http://reports.ncabc.state.nc.us/uploads/resources/e1ba16a8d6ae4ba2afec4929c8850289.pdf

It looks like in your charges it is $100.00 for a fuel distillery.

rill

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
i thought you didnt need a liscence up to something like 40 gallons a year?
It's 70 gallons of wine and/or beer here in Wisconsin (I make that easily). Distilled liquor is a bit different. We need a licence to have a distillery for any amount. Belive it or not, the government isn't scared you will sell some bad liquor, they only want their taxes and fees.

I have a still as long as I don't sell my product. It use to be that you could get by that by not selling it but by asking for donations. Now they have cracked down on that too. I can still barter for my product, but cash can not be exchanged.

Right now my still is used mostly for my own vehicle and home and for educational uses. If the SHTF I have a working still and a clientel for my product and it only cost me a little less than $200.00 a year for all of that.

rill

1 - 9 of 9 Posts