Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Getting Ready
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not too sure if this has been mentioned here before, because I was too lazy to search. This is a great magazine for expanding your views on self reliance. I am pretty impressed with the breadth of information contained. Looks like a good subscription for me. Of course that would get me on all sorts of lists right :)
CDC

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Mother Earth News is good too.

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Backwoodshome is a good magazine...They seem to have somewhat of a Libertarian approach to politics...Might get you on a list as a Libertarian...LOL
Peter

·
Registered
45 Posts
Mother Earth News over the years has has its ups and down, and I occasionally read one for old times sakes, since its been around since 1970. It frequently has a lot of good stuff in it. Backwoods Home Magazine is an excellent outfit that has a whole bunch of specials every month of its various magazines, anthologies, and cd's, all full of information. It is definitely more oriented to the rural, self sufficiency, off the grid types. Another excellent magazine that has been around for a long time is Country and Small Stock Journal and their offshoot publications on sheep, goats, and poultry.

·
Semper non compos mentis
1,578 Posts
Searching is easy and useful

Not too sure if this has been mentioned here before, because I was too lazy to search. This is a great magazine for expanding your views on self reliance. I am pretty impressed with the breadth of information contained. Looks like a good subscription for me. Of course that would get me on all sorts of lists right :)
CDC
It has been mentioned a few times IIRC. It's a good mag. I also like Mother Earth News. I came across a 1973 paperbook version for 50c in an old book store - I still use it.

Here's a simple keyword search :thumb:

http://www.survivalistboards.com/search.php?searchid=617866

·
Registered
6 Posts
Backwoods Home Magazine

I read BHM also, but mostly online. There's another mag, a friend of mine gave me a gift subscription to. Its called the Backwoodsman. It also has a lot of information. Lots of projects you can build in a day or weekend. Past and present.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts