Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I am new to backpacking and am wondering, do any of you guys know of any overnight backpacking trails within an hour or two of Peoria? I have been looking all over the internet and just can't find any. I am thinking at least 6 or 7 miles. (campfire is necessary:)) Thanks!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Haha ok. How exactly do you post pictures?
I tried to find a forum 'How To' link and wasn't able to. If someone else can find it post it here, please.

You basically host your image on a site, and then link to it here.
I made a meme from a picture I found on a site and it's hosted on Memeshappen.com
Click the Insert Image icon in the toolbar above, and paste in the direct link to the picture. The direct link is: http://memeshappen.com/media/create...d-yea-just-operating-and-stuff-meme-32564.jpg

But with the insert image used, it looks like this:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I tried to find a forum 'How To' link and wasn't able to. If someone else can find it post it here, please.

You basically host your image on a site, and then link to it here.
I made a meme from a picture I found on a site and it's hosted on Memeshappen.com
Click the Insert Image icon in the toolbar above, and paste in the direct link to the picture. The direct link is: http://memeshappen.com/media/create...d-yea-just-operating-and-stuff-meme-32564.jpg

But with the insert image used, it looks like this:
Oh ok thanks! Yeah I wonder if I could just give a link to a Google+ post with a photo? It might only show up as a link but then anyone could just click on it and see it.

·
Banned
6,146 Posts
Hey everyone! I am new to backpacking and am wondering, do any of you guys know of any overnight backpacking trails within an hour or two of Peoria? I have been looking all over the internet and just can't find any. I am thinking at least 6 or 7 miles. (campfire is necessary:)) Thanks!
kickapoo node on the rock island trail - if you started in princeville you could get a good 5 miles or so in

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Oh ok thanks! Yeah I wonder if I could just give a link to a Google+ post with a photo? It might only show up as a link but then anyone could just click on it and see it.
Might work? I'm not familiar with G+, though you can link to it in your post, then preview the post to make sure it'll show right as a test.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Rock island trail but I don't remember a camping area...I've done Toulon to just before princeville where a bridge is out roundtrip on my mountain bike it about 20 miles round trip.....look at Hennepin canal they have camping spot along it and it's part of the American discovery trail so you can walk it coast to coast if you wanted....I and m trail I hear is nice but never been on it.....sorry for bumping a old post just in case someone else was wandering

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts