Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have my day/overnight pack covered with a maxpedition condor, but need a pack for more extended trips What size backpack do you recommend for 3-4 days and then for a week plus?

And of coursenthe new guy puts this in the wrong forum. I meant to pit this in the camping section. Oops.

·
Historian & Archaeologist
1,535 Posts
for a week plus, you cant beat the large alice imo. it was my first pack and i still use it.

·
Registered
116 Posts
3-4 days I have an Eagle AIII large around 40l I guess not counting side pockets. My long trek thru Hike pack is a 78l monster, honestly a bit too big but it's nice to have options.

·
Registered
12 Posts
For a week+, I would go for a CFP-90 pack. Only an original though. All the "new and improved" versions are quite the opposite. My BOB is a CFP-90. I know alot of people go for a smaller pack for this purpose but, I'd like to go under the assumption that I might need to leave for good. Here is a link to the best review I've ever come across for this pack: http://www.campingsurvivalgearreviews.com/cfp-90-field-pack/

PS: One of my favorite things about this pack is that there are so many configurations you can use, that you truly end up with a pack that can adapt to multiple periods of use.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Large Alice pack is all you couple possibly need. Honestly you could get away with a 2-3 day bag. When I was in Afghanistan i just used a assault bag and lived out of that. I had 1 set of cammies I washed in the creek when they got nasty and then 2 sets of skivies that would get alternated. Also 5 pairs of socks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts