Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Pretty much what I want to try and do here is have our own small version of the Links section of this forum. The links section is great, however some of it doesn't really apply to us.

So, try to post links to websites in which an Australian or New Zealander will be able to purchase survival gear easily and simply. Try to make sure the website will ship goods to either Aust/NZ or both and try to post up websites in Au/NZ dollars because it just makes things a lot easier.

Ok other than websites there are shops. If you know of a place that is having a great bargin (obviously survival realated) then post up the details of the store, item and cost, be it a chain store or an individually owned store.

If anyone has anything they think should be added to this post or if you think its just a terrible idea :p just let me know.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Here is my contribution (didn't add it to the original post because i wanted it to be a clear guideline for the rest of the posts to come.)

http://www.preservers.com.au/shop.php

100cc Oxygen Absorbers
100 per pack
AU$16 a pack

Seems like a good deal? They ship anywhere in Australia, not too sure about NZ though.
---------
http://www.frontlinesecuritysupplies.com.au/products.asp?page=1&cat=DYNAMO

Dynamo stuff, awesome because you don't need to store batteries.
They don't say it specifically but I am sure they ship throughout Australia being they live and operate in Australia. Again not sure about NZ but I think they most likely would. Also this website has a fair few things, I just listed a couple of torches so check it out.

Shaker Torch
Small/Large/Extra Large
AU$9.95/AU$19.95/AU$24.99

Dynamo Powered SpotLight
AU$39.95
------
http://www.peopleinplastic.com.au/
People in Plastics. They deal with a lot of different plastic and metal things. I.e Plastic/Metal drums, bottles, jars, crates, and so on. Not going to bother listing prices as there are too many differant things there.

Free delivery Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney metropolitan areas (approx 20 km radius GPO) for orders over $275 (incl GST).Orders under $275 (incl GST) - $22 (incl GST). Other regions, nominate your freight company or ask for a quote

·
AKA The Dragon
2,818 Posts
Here is a link for vhf and uhf 5 watt handheld radios, 99 memory channels, fully programmable from the radio keypad. I have purcheased the Li ion powered battery packs. For AUS and NZ, the 400 - 480 Mhz radio will cover the CB channels.
Have posted some pic on the Aus. communications on this forum if you want to view the item and accessories.
Prices are in USD including postage by Paypal, ship world wide.

http://www.409shop.com/

Coles yesterday had 3 litre cans of olive oil for $15 and home brand canned tomatoes for 29 cents. Don't know how long the specials are for.

ll210 (seller) on ebay has a lot of first aid gear, have just received a box of sutures (12 per box) for $28 including postage. They are in sterile packs, needle and thread already threaded. Thread is 1 meter long.

Aussie Disposals have some good servival gear. It is a franchise with only one in Qld Toowoomba, but more in southern states. Not sure about NZ.
Mil spec jerry cans are about $50 ea, but are a lot stronger than the other commercial brands. Have bought several of them, replaceable rubber seals are available for the spout.

Reactions: Rambo

·
AKA The Dragon
2,818 Posts
There is some good survival gear on this one, have bought the blastmatch from them at a better price than Aus. retailers. Excellent fire starter.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/yourstore/...?ie=UTF8&nodeID=3375301&rGroup=sporting-goods

Battery Max on ebay is an Aus. retailer for rechargable batteries and, chargers that can be used on mains or a 12VDC solar/vehicle system.
Have purchased a lot from them and no probs with products or service. Small battery orders or bulk (50) no problems.
The chargers will charge AA, AAA and 9 volt nicad, nimh and alkaline. It will charge single batteries or up to 4 AA and AAA batteries.

12 volt LED lighting, ebay Bright Lights Auto is an Aus retailer, a range of 12/24 volt LED lighting for vehicles, caravans and home use. Have used a lot of his products for all purposes and prices are much better than most retailers.

·
AKA The Dragon
2,818 Posts
On line store for Vac sealers and replacement bags, Food dehydrators.
Have purchased these items from here, no problems with them.
Might as well use them while we still have power for repacking and drying food.

http://www.dealsdirect.com.au/

This company uses PayPal.

Reactions: Arwen

·
AKA The Dragon
2,818 Posts
Aussie Disposals have 20 ltr Mil grade jerry cans on specials at the moment.
2 for $60. Normally about $40 each.
Also have some good ex mil bush clothing at good prices.

·
AKA The Dragon
2,818 Posts
Here is a link to online purchase for medical sutures both for internal and external use.
Have bought some, the needle is pre threaded, sterile packaging with long shelf life.
Free postage for large orders, I think it was for 10 boxes, each box contains 10 or 12 kits.

http://www.onlinesutures.com/index.html

Also available on ebay.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Very interesting re sutures Dragon. Thanx. We've got various wound closure options in our preps but only a few loose sutures at the moment. Had always heard that suturing was difficult and dangerous for non medics but had a go while accompanying a vet mate on his rounds last year (with owners persmission and under his supervision) and it's not that hard for simple wounds.

·
Registered
20 Posts
-kiwidisposals on k road in auckland ; good kit all round, if going to buy webbing lbe etc have a rummage in the older second hand stock you get some real bargin prices ie PLCE od pack side pouches retail $25 or look hard and youll find them for $5. i think they even hve some level 11a body armor in the shop too.
-Kathmandu - find an outlet store youll get the kit for about 25-60% off retail - end of lines etc.
-pack and save: homebrand or basics brand for tinned food stuffs and 10kg bags of rice.
-fire steels - go to trademe
-grains: try your local indian food traders or spice sellers, they have all sorts of grains, legumes etc for good prices, (remember always haggle) i get about 3 kilios a week of 1kg pinto, 1kg red kidney and a kg of mung beans for about $8 (would love to know if any one has a cheaper place to buy bulk)
-the canvas company on k road is getting mil spec dpm cordura back in soon great for making your own lbe etc. they are also one on the only compnies selling sewing awls (speedy sticher) which are perfect for repairing your kit in the bush.
-the best prices for food ive seen this year is when the warehouse started closing down their food division, it was insane ended up spending 300 on food for about 600 in value.
-1000 litre fuel containers - go trademe cost about $150
-leathermans gerbers go trademe look for trader "loftynz" second hand great value.
-200 litre water containers $30 tradme look for trader "bazza"
- dont buy ratin packs you can make your own for half the price with food from pack and save.
- 20 litre plastic containers - go to your local cafe they tend to get canola oil in 20 litre contaniers and go through one a week, they also go through 1 20 litre container of dish washing liquid once a month.
- K mart has the cheapest 48 and 50 litre plastic bins with lids.
- if you have vege juice in the morning stick the fibre into the dehydrator it makes a great thickner for your soup.
- vacuum sealer from bond and bond great addition extra bags cheap from the adman store.

hey just on suturing - be careful, suturing bactria into a closed wound can be a bad thing, try and get a nurse or ex army medic in your survival group/network,

·
AKA The Dragon
2,818 Posts
Aldi has the Ultracell AA, AAA, C and D, 9 volt Ni Cad, Ni mh, alkaline battery charger for $29.95. (much better price than ebay)
Have used the same type, different label ($60).
Very good charger, intelligent pulse charger.
With a 12 volt DC adaptor lead/plug/clamps, can be used in vehicles via cig. lighter or connected to 12 volt battery.
Can also be used with a 12 VDC solar, wind gen. battery system.

Reactions: farmerswife

·
On my way.
317 Posts
Australasian Knife Collectors

Australasian Knife Collectors
National Knife Collectors - Australia®
... established 1990
http://www.knivesaustralia.com.au/akc-homepage.html

The national mail-order Club for knife collectors, makers,
customizers, historians, embellishers and knife users.
These guys look very good and carry a large range of knifes. And they are even based in Perth.
They carry amongst others;

SICUT Australia
KA-BAR Knives: New listing
TAYLORS EYE WITNESS
NOWILL - Sheffield new product
DH RUSSELL (Canada)
GROHMANN (Canada)
JOSEPH RODGERS
MARTINDALE - England
WILLIAM RODGERS
WRIGHT & SON - SHEFFIELD
ROSELLI (Finland)
CUTTHROAT RAZORS
GREGSTEEL TRADE BLADES
I*XL POCKETKNIVES/BOWIES
A & R of RUSSIA New
LITLEMESTER POCKETKNIVES

·
Registered
946 Posts
A good place for Aussies to get new storage buckets and tins in larger quantities or single amounts.

As for their NZ office, I called and was told they only sell in bulk here. I don't think they stock everything listed on the site either & just as a reference she gave the minimum order amount on a 10ltr metal pail of 15. I like the idea of the metal pails with either pressure fit lids or the ones with the exterior clamps. Metal is impervious to chemical contamination and rodents unlike plastic. You just have to keep it dry... but then a coating of paint or that black building sealer would fix that.

The packing shop

In NZ you can find them here:

NCI Packaging (NZ) Ltd
80 Mt Wellington Highway
Panmure
Auckland

If anyone in NZ is willing to share and order sometime let me know.

·
On my way.
317 Posts
Hi
If your in WA and you are a member of the RAC you can shop here.
Cash and carry

RAC said:
Cash and Carry

RAC members SAVE at Cash and Carry simply by showing your RAC membership card.

Wholesale Prices*

You must bring your RAC membership card to obtain fantastic savings at WA's Cash and Carry stores. With new specials starting every fortnight, you are ensured to save at Cash and carry.

Canning Vale, Baile Road, open 7 days
Balcatta, 8 Geddes Street, open 7 days
Bunbury, 60-64 mcCombe Road, open 6 days

Or visit their website at www.cashandcarrywa.com.au

·
AKA The Dragon
2,818 Posts
Sunlight soap or the generic brand of it was used for a multitude of purposes, washing clothes, hygiene, cooking and eating utensils by our fore fathers.

It is still available in supermarkets in boxes of 4 tablets in brand name ( approx $2/box) or generic brand (approx $1.20/box).

It was available in large commercial bars, but haven't been able to source a supplier.

Stores well but mice love it.
Good standby prep if you intend making your own soap.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Is there anyone selling mylar bags for long term food storage in Australia? I have been looking for a while but can only find US sites.
Yes, i'm after them too DesertFlower, have been looking around for a while on Oz sites, and i was going to get some in from USA via eBay but freight cost is enormous. Mormons/Latter Day Saints used to have them listed in Oz, but i went in looking tonight and cant source them from that site now either

1 - 20 of 61 Posts