Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
-Novice Genius-
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IMO, this is pretty BIG news.
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20090318/D970N6VO1.html
WASHINGTON (AP) - Attorney General Eric Holder signaled a change on medical marijuana policy Wednesday, saying federal agents will target marijuana distributors only when they violate both federal and state law.

That would be a departure from the Bush administration, which targeted medical marijuana dispensaries in California even if they complied with that state's law.

"The policy is to go after those people who violate both federal and state law," Holder said in a question-and-answer session with reporters at the Justice Department.

"Given the limited resources that we have, our focus will be on people, organizations that are growing, cultivating substantial amounts of marijuana and doing so in a way that's inconsistent with federal and state law," the attorney general said.

Thirteen states have laws permitting medicinal use of marijuana. California is unique among them for the presence of dispensaries, which are businesses that sell marijuana and even advertise their services. Legal under California law, such dispensaries are still illegal under federal law.

Kris Hermes, a spokesman for national medical marijuana advocacy group Americans for Safe Access, said he welcomed Holder's perspective.

"It signals a new direction and a more reasonable and sensible direction on medical marijuana policy," he said.
Anyway, yeah, this one pretty much stuns me...in a good way. :)
MP76

·
Prepping = life insurance
1,458 Posts
Sweet, so what he's saying is if it's not illegal in a state, then the Fed's won't touch it?

Sorta wishy-washy if you ask me......

Would they be so kind with gun laws as well (not like they have a legitimate case with State's proclaiming their rights under the 10th Amendment :) anyway...).

·
The Jed.
2,828 Posts
Well, considering Obama smokes but doesn't own a gun he wants to be able to light up whenever he's in the Leftist promised land aka Kalifornia. End Sarcasm, well they probably figure they can get some good left support and some right support from this probably, since the approval rating is tanking.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
I don't toke, but personally, if they want to smoke to ease cancer, or some other disease why not?Hell if they want to sit around the house get high and watch the tube wtf? As long as thiere not out driving around.

Reactions: MP76

·
Dominate to Serve
2,432 Posts
Like we don't pay for their asses today. :rolleyes:
I'm sure it's MUCH cheaper than prescription drugs as well.
MP76
You'd be shocked at how cheap major pharmaceuticals would be without the crushing regulation, taxation, and other governmental involvement. I'll try to find the study.

·
-Novice Genius-
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You'd be shocked at how cheap major pharmaceuticals would be without the crushing regulation, taxation, and other governmental involvement. I'll try to find the study.
No, actually, I wouldn't.
I know the generics of many popular drugs are sold for dollars instead of 100's of dollars...that tells me something. ;)
MP76

·
woefully unprepared
1,488 Posts
That said, of course, we'll soon be paying for them to do so.
Let them grow it and it's free. Of course it's hard to make money when people are self-medicating. You can bet Pharma will be in there lobbying to keep that illegal, just like they lobbied to get the $32/lb. tax on RYO tobacco.

I pay for a million other things with taxes, medicine is one thing I don't care to contribute to. If you ever have someone fall seriously ill, lose their insurance, and be unable to work to make enough for their medicines your opinion will change very quickly.

·
Dominate to Serve
2,432 Posts
Let them grow it and it's free. Of course it's hard to make money when people are self-medicating. You can bet Pharma will be in there lobbying to keep that illegal, just like they lobbied to get the $32/lb. tax on RYO tobacco.
Absolutely, let them grow it. Any company that lobbies for a government leg-up is disgusting.

I pay for a million other things with taxes, medicine is one thing I don't care to contribute to. If you ever have someone fall seriously ill, lose their insurance, and be unable to work to make enough for their medicines your opinion will change very quickly.
With all due respect; no, I won't. I will still be advocating a free market. Theft is theft. I have no problem with voluntarily giving my money to those who I value. It's in my self-interest to do so because I don't want to lose them.

·
I'm the boogey man.......
6,685 Posts
thats the ONLY thing this administration has done that supports the 9th and 10th Amendments........Unfortunately, it will most likely be the last as well.....

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
I don't buy it for 1 minute. Too much money flows through the system by nailing people for weed than our broke-assed government is willing to just give up. Not to mention that these same bastards have done nothing but say one thing and then do another since they took over the whitehouse.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have no problem with people smoking marijuana. I have yet to hear of someone smoking a joint and killing someone. I watched something on msnbc or one of those commie channels called marijuana inc. it was pretty interesting people should check it out i think it is playing again this weekend. But after watching it please turn it to FOX NEWS to get your mind right.

·
Dominate to Serve
2,432 Posts
I would like to see that, as every study I have read points to marketing cost.
This is the first article that I read on the subject which caused me to do some further research.

Here is another one. I'm trying to find the actual figures...it was over a year ago that I saw it so the site might not be available any longer. I'll keep looking, though, as I have to prove it to someone at work also. :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.