Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 265 Posts

·
American fearmaker
14,246 Posts
But our own government says that it is a good thing for people to have a supply of food to fall back on in case of a disaster. How can I be patriotic if my government is psychopathic? So are the people from FEMA wrong or is the rest of the government? This makes as much sense as the argument as to whether or not global cooling or global warming is about to hit us... Jeez!

·
Registered
6,706 Posts
But our own government says that it is a good thing for people to have a supply of food to fall back on in case of a disaster. How can I be patriotic if my government is psychopathic? So are the people from FEMA wrong or is the rest of the government? This makes as much sense as the argument as to whether or not global cooling or global warming is about to hit us... Jeez!
Three days' worth of food and water is perfectly acceptable. FEMA says it's a-okay. :thumb: It's the four days between three and seven that make one "odd" and over seven? Well, what's wrong with you? Don't you have faith in Uncle Sam to arrive johnny-on-the-spot with everything necessary for health and security? :rolleyes:

Anyone have the bill number for this POS legislation in the House? I need to make a phone call. :mad:

Edit: Found it: H.R. 1540
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h112-1540

·
Registered
7,676 Posts
I presume this now has to go to the House, and then President?

Write your representatives NOW and get this thing stopped! And next election, VOTE and vote for ANYBODY not currently in office, preferably 3rd party/independent. I don't care if the only other choices are flaming commies or nazi skinheads, the establishment MUST GO!
If this bill becomes law and the current members of govt remain in place then the United States of America will in fact be dead, and our only option for being a free and self-determined people will be to follow the example of Washington and Jefferson.

·
Crusty, Crunchy and Cute
3,040 Posts
SEC. 1032. REQUIREMENT FOR MILITARY CUSTODY.

(a) Custody Pending Disposition Under Law of War-

(1) IN GENERAL- Except as provided in paragraph (4), the Armed Forces of the United States shall hold a person described in paragraph (2) who is captured in the course of hostilities authorized by the Authorization for Use of Military Force (Public Law 107-40) in military custody pending disposition under the law of war.

(2) COVERED PERSONS- The requirement in paragraph (1) shall apply to any person whose detention is authorized under section 1031 who is determined--

(A) to be a member of, or part of, al-Qaeda or an associated force that acts in coordination with or pursuant to the direction of al-Qaeda; and

(B) to have participated in the course of planning or carrying out an attack or attempted attack against the United States or its coalition partners.

(3) DISPOSITION UNDER LAW OF WAR- For purposes of this subsection, the disposition of a person under the law of war has the meaning given in section 1031(c), except that no transfer otherwise described in paragraph (4) of that section shall be made unless consistent with the requirements of section 1033.

(4) WAIVER FOR NATIONAL SECURITY- The Secretary of Defense may, in consultation with the Secretary of State and the Director of National Intelligence, waive the requirement of paragraph (1) if the Secretary submits to Congress a certification in writing that such a waiver is in the national security interests of the United States.

(b) Applicability to United States Citizens and Lawful Resident Aliens-

(1) UNITED STATES CITIZENS- The requirement to detain a person in military custody under this section does not extend to citizens of the United States.

(2) LAWFUL RESIDENT ALIENS- The requirement to detain a person in military custody under this section does not extend to a lawful resident alien of the United States on the basis of conduct taking place within the United States, except to the extent permitted by the Constitution of the United States.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
The government is run by mindless buffoons that don't have any common sense.

Most people who grow a garden and can some corn, are potential terrorists concerns now, for months of the year at a time.

You buy a half of a beef from a farmer instead of being a good little mcdonald's consumer, terrorist.

My grandmother is a potential terrorist. My mother, is a potential terrorist.
My aunt, uncle, and most of my neighbors, are potential terrorists.

In fact, now that I think about it, my grandfather's brother is a farmer, he lost half a finger to an engine bloc he was working on years back, and I'm pretty sure has over a week's worth of canned green peans, potatoes, beef, sausage, and corn.
Oh and guns, he has guns, too.

He's in his 60s.

Definitely a terrorist.

People along the gulf coasts in hurricane areas are potential terrorists now.

In fact, I would bet a good portion if not a majority, of rural people that don't drive a gallon of gas and blow an hour or two of their time away every single day to going to the grocery store, are now potential terrorists at least some part of any week.

Because if you don't have walmart within a 5 minute drive, you do tend to grocery shop a little less than every other day.

You know I'd say that would be many suburban people too.
What Nice idea, being able to go straight home from work, and shopping for food on the weekends. What a concept, how very foreign.
Foreign like terrorists.

It's sad some old political nerd so out of the realm of common living, can make these decisions.

Even putting aside the personal insult of calling most of my family terrorists, the idea of deciding 7 days, as indication, is simply retarded. Deficient for normal thinking ability.

Too many people in the country, have over 7 days of food in their homes at any point in the year, for this idea to not have come from a fool with an agenda based on emotion or ill intent.

It doesn't even single out anybody, 7 days is ridiculous. I'd say almost all Americans, not consistently but at least at some points in their lives, do have at some time or another, over 7 days of food in their homes.
Someone makes a big run at a grocery store, and now there is a terrorist concern.
Weather calls for snow, all the terrorists come out apparently.

This is unthinking government fools at work, indeed.

I hope this doesn't pass in full, or gets repealed.
People ultimately use this kind of stupidity for some sort of evil.

·
Registered
7,676 Posts

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I presume this now has to go to the House, and then President?

Write your representatives NOW and get this thing stopped! And next election, VOTE and vote for ANYBODY not currently in office, preferably 3rd party/independent. I don't care if the only other choices are flaming commies or nazi skinheads, the establishment MUST GO!
If this bill becomes law and the current members of govt remain in place then the United States of America will in fact be dead, and our only option for being a free and self-determined people will be to follow the example of Washington and Jefferson.
The house already passed it with a veto proof majority, and I don't think it has to go to reconciliation. So yes, it heads to the president at this point.

·
Registered
6,706 Posts
Thanks, Old Grump.

I just finished scanning the summary of H.R. 1540, which has already passed the House, btw. The wording is a little different:

"Subtitle D - Counterterrorism
Section 1031 -
Defines for purposes of this subtitle an "individual detained at Guantanamo" as any individual located at U.S. Naval Station Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, on or after March 7, 2011, who: (1) is not a citizen of the United States or a member of its Armed Forces, and (2) is in the custody or control of DOD.
Section 1032 -
Extends through FY2014 DOD authority to make awards to individuals for providing assistance in combating terrorism to U.S. government personnel or government personnel of allied forces participating in a combined operation with U.S. Armed Forces.
Section 1033 -
Allows a guilty plea as part of a pre-trial agreement in capital offense trials by military commission.
Section 1034 -
Affirms that the United States is in an armed conflict with al Qaeda, the Taliban, and associated forces, and that the President is authorized to detain unprivileged enemy belligerents in connection with such conflict until the termination of hostilities.
Section 1035 -
Directs the Secretary to submit to the defense committees a national security protocol outlining legal representation and communication privileges of individuals detained at Guantanamo.
Section 1036 -
Requires the Secretary to establish a review process to review the detention of each individual detained at Guantanamo to determine whether continued detention is necessary to protect U.S. national security. Requires a full review of each individual at least every three years, and a file review at least once a year. Directs the Secretary to establish military review panels to conduct such reviews. Outlines military panel proceedings requirements, as well as file review procedures. Establishes an interagency review board to review military panel recommendations, and to take specified action upon a determination of clear error. Requires such review board, upon a determination against continued detention of an individual, to identify a suitable transfer location outside the United States. Allows a military panel to reevaluate any individual whose panel recommendation is rejected by the board. Directs a review board to forward recommendations to the Secretary for signature. Provides review exceptions. Directs the Secretary to report to the defense and intelligence committees on the establishment of the review process.
Section 1037 -
Prohibits FY2012 DOD funds from being used to: (1) construct or modify facilities in the United States or its territories or possessions in order to house detainees transferred from Guantanamo, (2) allow any family member to visit an individual detained at Guantanamo, or (3) transfer or release such an individual to the United States or its territories or possessions.
Section 1040 -
Prohibits FY2012 DOD funds from being used to transfer such an individual to their country of origin or any other foreign country or entity until 30 days after a certification to Congress relating to the anti-terrorism and other aspects of the transfer country. Prohibits transfer to a country or entity if there is a confirmed case of an individual being transferred there who subsequently engaged in terrorist activity (with an authorized waiver by the Secretary).
Section 1041 -
Directs the Secretary, beginning in 2012, to provide quarterly briefings to the defense and appropriations committees on DOD counterterrorism operations and related activities involving special operations forces.
Section 1042 -
Requires Department of Justice (DOJ) consultation with the Secretary and the Director of National Intelligence concerning: (1) whether the prosecution of an alien for a terrorist offense should take place in a U.S. district court or before a military commission, and (2) whether the individual should be transferred into military custody for intelligence interviews.
Section 1043 -
Prohibits an individual formerly detained at Guantanamo who has been repatriated to Micronesia, Palau, or the Marshall Islands from being afforded the rights and benefits set forth in the Compact of Free Association."

[I'm not going to be a punctuation nazi and go through that quote and put " " s in all the right places. :p ]

Nevertheless, I feel fairly confident there's guidelines and memos floating around in the federal law enforcement community that preppers and survivalists need to be watched/monitored. Not just because we remember the solid advice our ancestors passed to us about putting food back for hard times.

·
Registered
6,706 Posts
You posted the HR1540 but I think that is a different bill because we are talking about a Senate Bill.
When I saw it was the Senate's version of the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012, I put this into Google: "National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012+House of Reprensentatives."

That search lead me to the govtrack.us site and H.R. 1540 popped up on my screen. I think TRM is right, no need for "reconcilliation" between the two bills. It's off to the President's desk now.

Reactions: Cleaner44

·
Banned
12,043 Posts
(b) Applicability to United States Citizens and Lawful Resident Aliens-

(1) UNITED STATES CITIZENS- The requirement to detain a person in military custody under this section does not extend to citizens of the United States.

(2) LAWFUL RESIDENT ALIENS- The requirement to detain a person in military custody under this section does not extend to a lawful resident alien of the United States on the basis of conduct taking place within the United States, except to the extent permitted by the Constitution of the United States.
Darn and I was going to report everyone to protect the Fatherland!

·
U.S. Air Force Veteran
3,968 Posts
When I saw it was the Senate's version of the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012, I put this into Google: "National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012+House of Reprensentatives."

That search lead me to the govtrack.us site and H.R. 1540 popped up on my screen. I think TRM is right, no need for "reconcilliation" between the two bills. It's off to the President's desk now.
I misread your post, I see now.

I think this is the link for the senate bill:
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=s112-1867

·
Not playing games
1,332 Posts
Pointless argument.
If the Gov't wants to nail you, they can find a law you are breaking.

They put 40k new laws into effect last January, and more are coming. Ignorance is both inevitable and no excuse, so go ahead and do the math.

·
Grand Poobah of Sarcasm
3,083 Posts
How do you have less than seven days worth of food in your house? That's like a bag of groceries!
BTW Senator Jon Tester of Montana fits their definition of terrorist. He is missing fingers!

·
all is ... well but here
291 Posts
1 - 20 of 265 Posts