Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any way that when someone posts a thread, that we can all see the DATE it was originally posted? Besides that, same thing with all the comments it receives? It would be so much easier for everyone to know if a thread has been beaten to death already, or if there's still action on it. I know you move the threads back into the new posts so we can see it got a recent comment, but wouldn't it be more convenient for every comment made to have a date on it? Just a suggestion!

·
Adventurer
19,333 Posts
Is there any way that when someone posts a thread, that we can all see the DATE it was originally posted? Besides that, same thing with all the comments it receives? It would be so much easier for everyone to know if a thread has been beaten to death already, or if there's still action on it. I know you move the threads back into the new posts so we can see it got a recent comment, but wouldn't it be more convenient for every comment made to have a date on it? Just a suggestion!
it does look above your avatar tells you the day and time of the OP and all subsequent posts:thumb:

·
Most Thankful Guy here
38,965 Posts
maybe he means a date in the thread title area (Originally started 01/01/99)

·
Registered
989 Posts
I was thinking the same thing. I think he wants it on the list of threads, so we don't have to click inside the thread to see that it's from 2 years ago. There is a spot that shows what the date of the last comment was, but that doesn't seem to be as helpful as the original posting.

·
Adventurer
19,333 Posts
I was thinking the same thing. I think he wants it on the list of threads, so we don't have to click inside the thread to see that it's from 2 years ago. There is a spot that shows what the date of the last comment was, but that doesn't seem to be as helpful as the original posting.
gotcha that would make sence

Reactions: SSGNasty

·
Contego Libertas
6,775 Posts
Now wait a second. I agree that adding a date of origin is a good thing. Some other VBulletin sites I'm on have them. However people are ALWAYS saying "Use the Search Function before you start a new thread" so they do and respond. Why would that be a bad thing? If they have read the whole thread and have something new, that could be a good thing. :thumb: Or it may be that they have a valid question. :)

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes SSGNasty and Aletoledo both worded what I couldn't ask for correctly! I meant in the listing of all posts, so you dont have to click on them to see how long ago they were started.

·
Most Thankful Guy here
38,965 Posts
Look above your avatar as already mentioned. That lists the time and date.
Old Warrior, what seems to be requested is a date present before you open a thread to see what it is.

Some may not want to open a thread that was started 2 years ago, MO

Something like this

Japans Earthquake compared to Hurricane Katrina
Started by Billy Bob, 14 Mar 2009

I wouldn't open this thread because I don't care what happened in Japan 2 years ago, I am interested in what happened 2 months ago

·
Most Thankful Guy here
38,965 Posts
Now wait a second. I agree that adding a date of origin is a good thing. Some other VBulletin sites I'm on have them. However people are ALWAYS saying "Use the Search Function before you start a new thread" so they do and respond. Why would that be a bad thing? If they have read the whole thread and have something new, that could be a good thing. :thumb: Or it may be that they have a valid question. :)
Nothing wrong with that, but if it is an old thread some may feel that anything new may not be worth reading.

It one of those 6 of one thing, half a dozen of another still leaves you short of a baker's dozen.:D:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts