Survivalist Forum banner

121 - 140 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
5,741 Posts
I don't think it would be anywhere near that. And if they were "suicide troops" all the more effective. I think they would run wild for four or five days and the infrastructure damage would be massive. Think 200,000 troops with nothing but "Death to America" on their minds. Thats only 20,000 containers.

Land them at Galveston, New Orleans and Mobile. Nuke New York, Chicago, Omaha, Denver and the major military cities. The center of the country would be speaking Chinese waiting on the two "left" coasts to do something.
You make it sound like losing a few of those cities is a bad thing ;)

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Let Russia handle Ukraine as it wants. Not sure why we are interested at all in that one. And it was Ukraine that started this last round wasn't it?

Taiwan on the other hand must be defended or the rest of that region will fall like dominoes.
Ukraine is about getting their hands on a massive grain belt that will likely not suffer from changing weather patterns and getting their heavy lift rocket engine factory back. Massive geo-political implications. Food is life.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
this is something that I am finding a bit concerning.
because an attack on Taiwan is partially accepted, it makes me wonder if this isn't a smoke screen for something far different.

A possible assault on Australia.

Where I am getting this is that multiple stories from the Taipei Times, Melbourne times and others is that the Auzzies are thumbing their nose at the PRC and telling them to go pound sand.

·
Grevcon 10
14,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
An actual ground invasion anywhere other than Taiwan that China doesn't have a land border with just isn't feasible. They lack the capabilities to project that many troops that far. China will use 'soft power' against places like Australia and simply cut them off from resources and intimidate other countries to cut them off too, with naval skirmishes or proxy wars as needed to enforce it. We all gave China industrial control over the world. They'll use that while they continue to expand their fleet.

·
Grevcon 10
14,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 · (Edited)
"Secretary of State Anthony Blinken told Norah O’Donnell of CBS News’ 60 Minutes on Sunday evening that the goal of the Biden administration was not to “contain” China"

Anthony Blinken: 'Our Purpose Is Not to Contain China' (breitbart.com)

And you thought it was impossible for the progs to find bigger morons than those of Obumer.

We might as well just ferry the Chinese troops over to Taiwan ourselves and serve them a menu of their next destinations during the dinner cruise.

They've brought Wokeness to our foreign policy it looks like. We're now openly committing suicide and promoting evil groups just based on their former 'oppressed' status. Happy to have China on top and the US on bottom as long as China dominates us in a Woke way.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
They've brought Wokeness to our foreign policy it looks like. We're now openly committing suicide and promoting evil groups just based on their former 'oppressed' status. Happy to have China on top and the US on bottom as long as China dominates us in a Woke way.
No. Not 'wokeness"

infiltration and sedition.
Treason.

they WORK for china and need to be fought.
The only thing stopping china is the American populace.

·
Swirl Herder
3,838 Posts
View attachment 363742

We might as well just ferry the Chinese troops over to Taiwan ourselves and serve them a menu of their next destinations during the dinner cruise.

Yep.

You would think the rules would include "Self Determination" - and I doubt that any vote in Taiwan would ever be a win for reunification.

China is following the Sun Tzu "rules" and the US is following the Neville Chamberlain "rules".

Biden now needs to visit China, agree they can take over Taiwan and return to the US to wave around a piece of paper and say "Peace in our time"........

Sun Tzu said: "To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting"

It looks like mission accomplished......for China.

Once they are undisputed as the world's superpower, they will want a lot - more than enough to profoundly intrude upon the life and liberty of everyone in the West.

Anyone who thinks this is something happening somewhere else is dangerously delusional.

·
Registered
8,616 Posts
China will take Taiwan no doubt. But Japan 🗾 will likely fall first along with South Korea That's my Emdcoa/ Mett-tsl analysis. We shall see. There's no doubt they've never been given a better opportunity.

·
Registered
8,616 Posts
Colt, this is something I have followed for a long , long while. I used to keep a map in my office while on active duty. I wish I had one from 20 year's ago to compare with today's I keep a world sitrep map on my wall with colored push pins and a legend. When one looks at the map overlay. It's seems pretty straight forward. I could be wrong , we shall see.

·
Registered
8,616 Posts
The how is easy , every single chinese flagged ship is a Chinese military Naval vessel. Everything that the CCP does has been in direct support of the PLAN. People's Liberation Army and Navy. They've always had the numbers now I tend to think they are just about equal tech wise and or our tech advantage has been compromised and they have the ability to neutralize enough stuff to give them a short to mid term advantage.

·
Over and Out
3,825 Posts
The how is easy ... and or our tech advantage has been compromised and they have the ability to neutralize enough stuff...
..ie: the "Commander" in Chieahahahahaha, oh, that's a Good 'un! 😂 More like ChiPuppet in Chief... :rolleyes: I mean, really - IF the CCP goes 'full retard', and invades Taiwan and/or Japan.. Are Milli & Vanilli Really going to do Anything (other than "strongly condemn these actions" :rolleyes: via Psaki or whatever that muppet's name is..) If the 'CiC' tells the Military to 'stand down, while we work "diplomatic channels" (which, of course, the CCP would roundly Ignore, anyway..) - Will they??

..For the First time in History, I seriously feel like it's Not crazy to question what would happen.. Solid Troops are One thing, but.. The "Leadership" is another, and that - along with everything Else - seems to be Highly sketchy, at best, anymore..

Like you say, Guess we shall have to see...

jd

·
Registered
5,277 Posts
There's no reason for China to attack Taiwan as the latter has nothing by way of natural resources. In addition, China is a major trading partner of both Taiwan and the U.S., and Taiwan is seen as a sovereign state by only a few small countries worldwide.

What likely concerns China is a U.S. grand chessboard strategy that encircles both it and Russia while controlling weaker countries using over 800 military bases and installations worldwide, etc. Very likely other Asian countries are aware of this, which is why several, including China, Malaysia, Vietnam, Taiwan, and the Philippines have been trying to control parts of the South China Sea.

More details here:

·
Registered
21,967 Posts
There's no reason for China to attack Taiwan as the latter has nothing by way of natural resources. In addition, China is a major trading partner of both Taiwan and the U.S., and Taiwan is seen as a sovereign state by only a few small countries worldwide.

What likely concerns China is a U.S. grand chessboard strategy that encircles both it and Russia while controlling weaker countries using over 800 military bases and installations worldwide, etc. Very likely other Asian countries are aware of this, which is why several, including China, Malaysia, Vietnam, Taiwan, and the Philippines have been trying to control parts of the South China Sea.

More details here:

this is not new and neither is the US's support for Taiwan.

sometimes political power is a goal unto itself.

Reactions: TENNGRIZZ

·
Grevcon 10
14,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #140 · (Edited)

More details here:

You have no understanding of Chinese politics. The CCP can't stand the existence of Taiwan because it is an inspiration and a call to revolution within their own country. Taiwan's existence proves that Chinese people do not need the CCP to be prosperous. And it also demonstrates a limitation in the power of the CCP. It makes them look weak. If they can't control Taiwan they aren't all powerful and an omnipotent CCP is a mandatory concept to the functioning of their government. Taiwan is an inherent threat to the stability of the mainland and the survival of its leaders.

Their entire military is designed around conquering Taiwan. Their international politics are centered on it. Their domestic politics and propaganda are obsessed with it. China has invested far too much into the conquest of Taiwan to give up now. They tried conquering it by soft power already and they failed. Now they are laser focused again on military conquest and Xi specifically needs it to stay in power, preferably before the next congress where he could be replaced without riding in on a prestigious victory.

121 - 140 of 148 Posts