Survivalist Forum banner

101 - 120 of 148 Posts

·
Grevcon 10
14,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
I've always thought the easiest way to invade the US would be through container ships. Using containers modified to hold 10 troops and supplies, transport them anywhere in the US and on D-Day SURPRISE , combat ready infantry squads in a neighborhood near you.

How many containers do you think would be necessary to overtake a city?
No way you could pull off a full scale invasion. Especially of somewhere like the US. You'd need millions of troops in containers due to the armed populous, and they'd be doomed due to not having established supply lines. You use it to deploy commandos to disrupt defensive forces long enough to make a real landing. In the case of Taiwan/China you'd do something like have them flood out into a harbor in Penghu in the middle of the night as Chinese paratroops hit the islands trying to capture the airfields, meanwhile transport ships and more aircraft stream in to reinforce the briefly captured airfields and ports before the Taiwanese military can muster and launch a counter attack. Jinganli would be a good option with a secondary airfield and multiple small ports right next to each other.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Same line was used in Red Dawn.

IMO we could see something similar.

Oh and for the record, the NSA people have in fact picked up info on cargo ships.

State has people saying that our real problem will come from Venezuela. Though I don't know how much of that is smoke and mirrors.

But that Ven. could host some foreign national troops as it were.

I can see Venezuela becoming a base for Chinese Troops...assuming the Venezuelan govt stays left wing/marxist. Would probably never be anything more than a thorn in our side though.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I've always thought the easiest way to invade the US would be through container ships. Using containers modified to hold 10 troops and supplies, transport them anywhere in the US and on D-Day SURPRISE , combat ready infantry squads in a neighborhood near you.

How many containers do you think would be necessary to overtake a city?
The Germans had a plan pre-WWI, to invade the eastern coast of the US. The idea wasn't to conquer the US, it was to take the major ports along the Atlantic coast, and thereby hindering the US from assisting any European countries.

Problem is, how to sustain/reinforce those troops? No country is going to be able to put enough ground troops onto the CONUS to be able to take, much less hold, any significant portion of the US. Even if they could, those troops would wither on the vine for a lack of supplies. Yes, someone could take a port, a port city, or parts of it, and cause a lot of problems, but those troops aren't going to be able to do much more.

·
Banned
45 Posts

·
Registered
5,741 Posts
Let Russia handle Ukraine as it wants. Not sure why we are interested at all in that one. And it was Ukraine that started this last round wasn't it?

Taiwan on the other hand must be defended or the rest of that region will fall like dominoes.
When a country may have "black mail" material on the President and or family, that type of influence requires protection.

·
Super Moderator
2,260 Posts
I don't think it would be anywhere near that. And if they were "suicide troops" all the more effective. I think they would run wild for four or five days and the infrastructure damage would be massive. Think 200,000 troops with nothing but "Death to America" on their minds. Thats only 20,000 containers.

Land them at Galveston, New Orleans and Mobile. Nuke New York, Chicago, Omaha, Denver and the major military cities. The center of the country would be speaking Chinese waiting on the two "left" coasts to do something.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Nah, gas is too expensive.. They'll just walk up thru Mejico - ya know, 'blend in' with all the Other 279,000 Centro 'Merican 'refugees' that their Call-Boy, Xiden, has rolled out the Red Carpet for.. :rolleyes:

jd
Reminds me of the scene in Born in East LA, when Cheech teaches the Chinese to say "waaas sappening" after they were deemed OTM "Other Than Mexican"

·
Grevcon 10
14,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #117 · (Edited)
So what you're saying is, the Chinese shouldn't put British Field Marshals in charge of their military operations?
The lesson here is that the Germans took Crete and all but 1 bridge were taken in Operation Market Garden and the allies still pushed the front and secured Antwerp as the main supply hub that fueled the rest of their invasion. China doesn't care about the casualties. They can replace soldiers.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
I don't think it would be anywhere near that. And if they were "suicide troops" all the more effective. I think they would run wild for four or five days and the infrastructure damage would be massive. Think 200,000 troops with nothing but "Death to America" on their minds. Thats only 20,000 containers.

Land them at Galveston, New Orleans and Mobile. Nuke New York, Chicago, Omaha, Denver and the major military cities. The center of the country would be speaking Chinese waiting on the two "left" coasts to do something.
this little tidbit came up today.

This is huge actually.
The chinese have been pushing this belt and road initiative for some time now and nations are starting to figure out that its all to china's benefit, and the US is involved with this.

Now why this is important is because i am willing to bet that china's road plans include several overly built roads that can be used as landing strips like how the US interstate system was built.

The autobahn was built for pushing large numbers of troops quickly from Germany to the Eastern Front, and alot of people don't realize that the Germans did much the same thing prior to Barbarossa.

Don't discount this folks, they are investing not for our use , but theirs.

·
Registered
782 Posts
The lesson here is that the Germans took Crete and all but 1 bridge were taken in Operation Market Garden and the allies still pushed the front and secured Antwerp as the main supply hub that fueled the rest of their invasion. China doesn't care about the casualties. They can replace soldiers.
Yes, I know...just taking a little jab at Monty. And for the record, there were airborne operations after Market-Garden.

101 - 120 of 148 Posts