Survivalist Forum banner
761 - 776 of 776 Posts

·
Wile E Coyote, Genius.
34,804 Posts
Changing the 2,000 year old definition of "decimate" to something that means almost the opposite is going to be a tough sell but not impossible.
The word "existentialist" was invented 100 years ago to describe a philosophy asserting that humans control their own essence. I see it now recycled, most commonly as an adjective as in, "China is an existential threat." Almost the opposite - yet, I've seen new second definitions for the word that include "serious," and "beyond experience." it's sad but I expect one day the original meaning will become the second definition and the now-common usage will become primary.
I guess that's what happened to thee and thou and a thousand other words.
I don't care which definition they use, as long as everyone uses it.
Maybe Joe being as popular as he is can simple tweet a decree and everyone will read it and follow the new definition.

Back to Taiwan though, The Whitehouse said yesterday they are cancelling his planned speeches for the next couple days while they figure out how to correct his "imprecise language" he used with Xi regarding Taiwan. Meaning that the US will indeed defend Taiwan if China attacks.

I don't think they are going to let Biden talk to anyone important for a while.

Never underestimate Biden's ability to screw things up. - Obama

(The only true thing Obama has ever said). LOL

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I don't care which definition they use, as long as everyone uses it.
Maybe Joe being as popular as he is can simple tweet a decree and everyone will read it and follow the new definition.

Back to Taiwan though, The Whitehouse said yesterday they are cancelling his planned speeches for the next couple days while they figure out how to correct his "imprecise language" he used with Xi regarding Taiwan. Meaning that the US will indeed defend Taiwan if China attacks.

I don't think they are going to let Biden talk to anyone important for a while.

Never underestimate Biden's ability to screw things up. - Obama

(The only true thing Obama has ever said). LOL
I'm still trying to learn the new definition of "infrastructure".

My last entry on a 3 x 5 index card was "Road To Nowhere".

·
Grevcon 10
16,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #764 ·
China won’t do anything until after the Olympics. They would not risk loosing face. A month after China will take Taiwan. Just a scientific wild ass guess, SWAG.
Already losing face by having it. Boycotts of the games are being organized by various countries.

·
Grevcon 10
16,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #765 ·
They will invade before the 2022 midterms , North Korea will unify the Korean peninsula and Russia and China will divide up Japan.
There's no way for them to divide up all of Japan. The main islands would have to be a neutered or puppet government. Russia already has what it wants from WW2. China would take Okinawa and south for sure, probably every small island Japan has in the pacific, and possibly all the way up to Osumi.

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
And now there is this:

"China’s military is allegedly constructing a bridge across Pangong Tso, a lake that spans a disputed Himalayan border region between northern India’s Ladakh state and China’s Tibet Autonomous Region, the Times of India reported on Tuesday, citing unnamed Indian Army sources."

·
Registered
10,030 Posts
My sitrep anylisis is that today is Christmas day in Russia. the time window is between now and around valentine's day before the spring thaw begins. Whether it's Taiwan , Ukraine Kazakhstan or some other contested region is the flashpoint. If it's going to happen now is not the time to become complacent. All of our enemies know our midterms are this year. Brandon will do nothing. Except continue to line his pockets through Prostitution to the CCP.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Seems to me if I were the Chinese leader that I would wait until Russia invades the Ukraine (which I am becoming confident will occur in the next 30-45 days). While the world’s attention is focused on that crisis, then the PLA could invade Taiwan. There’s no way that the Biden regime could possibly deal with both aggressors at once. Besides I’m pretty sure that Xi has Joe’s number and is confident there’s no bite behind Joe’s bark.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Seems to me if I were the Chinese leader that I would wait until Russia invades the Ukraine (which I am becoming confident will occur in the next 30-45 days). While the world’s attention is focused on that crisis, then the PLA could invade Taiwan. There’s no way that the Biden regime could possibly deal with both aggressors at once. Besides I’m pretty sure that Xi has Joe’s number and is confident there’s no bite behind Joe’s bark.
There is no way that joe can decide whither he needs to **** or not. Examples abound of this.

·
Wile E Coyote, Genius.
34,804 Posts
It sure looks like Putin is going to invade Ukraine and maybe another country or 2 within the next 3-5 days. The amount of mobilization in the last week leaves little doubt.

He knows the US is weak right now due to a weak president with zero public support, a "woke" military, a weak economy and of course whatever mixture of killer vaccines and bio-weapons we are contending with.

And the US has been a huge thorn in his side with the continued sanctions and emplacing missiles wtihin short range of Moscow.

Putin will put his half million man military to work and clear a buffer zone that satisfies his defense criteria.

The US will not offer much if any resistance, and if we do, I believe we will wish we hadn't.

China might wait to see if we will get knee deep in defense of Ukraine and then move on Taiwan once we get hopelessly mired in the Ukraine.

Personally, I think he will take everything up to the border of Poland. (Belarus, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, etc).

Ecoregion World Map Natural environment Atlas

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Any buffer zone to the west realistically would be only Ukraine east of the Dnieper.

The Baltic states are already NATO members & so any invasion there triggers a much wider war, regardless of anyone's personal opinion of Biden.

And a wider war could well mean NATO occupation (and regime change) for Belarus.

Which is Russia's last ally in Europe.

·
Registered
22,343 Posts
Could mean something, might mean nothing. Remember the process of the Russian annexation of Crimea began during the last week of the 2014 Sochi olympics.

Reactions: SoJ_51
761 - 776 of 776 Posts