Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Pusher of brooms
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are you going to do to keep shooting quietly?

Also works for those in non-silencer states.

·
Banned
6,150 Posts
we just shoot and make noise - a wise man gets to know his neighbors first to not ruffle too many feathers out here in the country it's not a big deal just don't mag dump a 308 at 0700 sunday morning

you can shoot and make noise once the democrats ban silencers - and you better bet officer friendly will come with the batf paper work to make sure ever one is accounted for - as to a boating accident - sounds good on the interweb not so much when an actual officer is there with a warrent and a bunch of the kings men who will haul you away and kill you if you resist

·
Pusher of brooms
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking more about subsonic loads.
The light and heavy for caliber bullet, loads that are extremely quiet.

http://www.guns.connect.fi/gow/arcane1.html

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
Well considering that Late had said continue shooting quietly, and knowing him, I will go out on a limb and say that he was not considering sport shooting.

I met Late nearly 20 years ago, I had just shot an injured deer in town.
He had driven by right after I had fired, he came back and asked what I was using because he hadn't heard a shot or seen a silencer.
We talked, I explained the concept of "cat's sneeze" loads and pointed him to the Finnish site.

Since then he has spent more than a little time making some really quiet loads up.
And for short range stuff, I can definitely see where he is going with this.
And since I don't want to wake the neighbors in the middle of the night, I keep some of this type of ammunition around.

Anyone else?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts