Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
RockOut w/ your GlockOut
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has probably been discussed before, if so let me know.

Q: Can you Assault someone from a defensive posture? A: NO, you can only defend or repel. Unless you are talking about Pre-Emptive, which we all know is immoral

Wiki: Assault is a crime of violence against another person.

Merriam-Webster:
1 a: a violent physical or verbal attack b: a military attack usually involving direct combat with enemy forces c: a concerted effort (as to reach a goal or defeat an adversary)
2 a: a threat or attempt to inflict offensive physical contact or bodily harm on a person (as by lifting a fist in a threatening manner) that puts the person in immediate danger of or in apprehension of such harm or contact

I "personally" do not own weapons, defense weapons or assault weapons, I own Arms, Firearms, Automatic rifles, knives and cutlery. The words "weapon" and "assault" imply "first use" or a "state of mind". Anything can be used as a weapon and you can be assaulted by almost anything.

I learned this from my grandfather who served as a Marine. He would say stuff like, see that ballpoint pen right there, I could kill you 9 different ways or more w/ it. Meaning, it is not the tool but the man and his state of mind that is the weapon and does the assaulting.

One of the first things a "true" 2nd amendment advocate will tell you is, we do not call them weapons, we call them firearms. The 2nd amendment does not allow for weapons, it allows for "Arms".

I could bash someone in the head w/ my coffee mug and kill them. Does this mean I should call my coffee mug an "Assault mug", I think not. A weapon can be anything, so why refer to your Firearm as one?

Bureaucrats refer to firearms as weapons to make us look bad and unruly, please do not further their agenda.

Opinions please,

·
Poseur
221 Posts
"The great enemy of clear language is insincerity. When there is a gap between one's real and one's declared aims, one turns as it were instinctively to long words and exhausted idioms, like a cuttlefish spurting out ink."
--George Orwell

"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said, in a rather scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less."
"The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
"The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master—that's all."
--Lewis Carroll

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
not to mention the media- who routinely talk about fully automatic AK machinegun pistols with armor piercing ammo

·
Happiness is 2 at low 8
1,403 Posts
Concur wholeheartedly with the OP...

Don't get me going... Don't get me going....

All right I'm going to say it again anyway... My pet peeve...

The Kalashnikov based semi-automatic rifles ARE NOT AK-47's, never were and never will be. An AK-47 is a fully automatic select-fire military firearm. The more we call these semi-auto variants an AK-47 the more likely it is the general public will think that's what we have... We don't say we're shooting our M16 or our M4 do we? No. We don't say we have that neat M14 do we? No. But we think nothing of calling that SAR-1 or WASR an AK. Why is that?

Allan

·
Registered
73 Posts
I learned this from my grandfather who served as a Marine. He would say stuff like, see that ballpoint pen right there, I could kill you 9 different ways or more w/ it.
Hey, I don't mean to sound disrespectful of your Grandpa, but that is a classic, stereotypical "Marine" statement........ too funny.....

"I KILLED THE SOB WITH A CHOPSTICK, STUCK IT RIGHT IN HIS EYE AND INTO HIS BRAIN" :D:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts