Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ASC ar-15 mags are currently on sale at Ammunitiontogo.com for $4.95. Any opinions would be appreciated. And if you happen to read this Nomad 2nd, please don't buy them all ;)

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies guys. I just checked their shipping costs and it would only be worth it if you buy bulk. I'm only about 50 miles from ammo to go and ups ground is $15.88.

·
The Time Is Now
6,398 Posts
They are formally C-Products. However, the ASC brand is supposedly improved over C-Products.
Did the C. Products have a bad rep?

Thanks for the replies guys. I just checked their shipping costs and it would only be worth it if you buy bulk. I'm only about 50 miles from ammo to go and ups ground is $15.88.
Where I live, it is a three hour drive to find anything gun related that is worth a darn. So with gas, it would cost me $100 to get there. So in the long run, paying shipping is cheaper for me.

It sucks but it is what it is.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
The LR-308 version they make is GTG. The old C products mags were ok. Nothing earth shattering, but mags are expendable, get as many decent ones for as cheap as possible.

The ones Andrew Jackson posted are great as well. The magpul followers are very reliable. At those prices I'd buy a crate full if I already didn't have a crate full.

·
Registered
227 Posts
No, ASC is crap. I have several and couldn't give them away. Go with NHMTG w/Magpul followers or D&H with Magpul followers, they are aluminum, but they work perfectly.

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
I bought some a couple weeks ago, tried out three of them, they worked just fine.
The only problem was that the lips had some burrs on the undersides that drug on the cases.
I swiped on of my girls fingernail emery board things and knocked the burrs off and not a hitch after that.

I'll probably leave the rest un-used and save them for trade material once pries spike again.

·
HMFIC
1,192 Posts
a while ago, when i still lived in the police state, they offered jersey compliant mags, limited to 15rnds. i bought one, in FDE, to try it out. they said the FDE was baked on, or some kind of anti-friction coating. when i got it....it was nothing more then paint. the 15rnd 'limiting' was nothing more then 4 dents in the side of the mag, protruding enough to stop the follower from going below a 15rnd limit.

the paint was thick enough to get a little sticky when inserting and removing the mag. it also wore off easily, just as spray paint would do. it was limited to 15rnds....whether or not denting the mag would technically fall within the vague letter of jersey law...i dont know and didnt really care. limited is limited in my book, and ANYTHING can be altered enough to get around a supposed 'permanent' magazine block.

i used the mag once during a training weekend. it worked alright, but i wouldnt count on the painted ones if TSHTF. i havent tried their plain mags, but theyre probably just the same as any other aluminum mags you can find.

personally, after my one not so great experience with them, id rather stick with a bigger name brand for alum mags. any USGI issue; including used, D&H, etc.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts