hi all, there is a BLM campground near me that is very pretty and cheap to camp at. The only water source is a creek that runs through it. All throughout the campground are signs that say it is not recommended for children to camp there as it is located on an old asbestos mine. The park ranger said it is okay to drink the water out of the creek, but I always filter water from anywhere before I drink it anyways. I was just wondering what you all think, is there any concern that there could still be asbestos in the creek? Is there anything that would filter out asbestos? Just curious what others opinions are on this. So far I have just been bringing my own water from home, but for long camping trips that is a lot of trouble. I do know that the asbestos could be in the soil around as well, but I don't know why the thought of drinking it just bothers me.