Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to the article, the US is in the best long term situation of all the developed countries. Africa's population is going to boom. Europe and Developed Asia will become more stagnant.

Good article. But it only mentions instability in Africa in passing and I think it is a fatal mistake to ignore it. Good article. But it only mentions instability in Africa in passing and I think it is a fatal mistake to ignore it. North Africa, Middle East and sub-Saharan Africa the instability will only increase because of the former colonial boundaries of the countries which cut right through tribal, ethnic, language, clan and religious groups. Iraq and Rwanda are examples. I expect conflict to get worse over the decades before it gets better, and it will get better only when national boundaries are redrawn to reflect nations or tribes. That is a very slow process, look how long it took Europe to do that.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...-demographic-future-of-the-earth-in-9-charts/

Reactions: strvger

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
It assumes everyone stays healthy.

Aids decimated the African continent, and that is a slow moving virus only spread through blood or semen.

If I was a betting man I'd say a virus spread through air or casual contact, such as the Bird Flu or something similar, will make the charts in the article worthless...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts