Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Looks like rain to me.
41,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Art Linkletter, a man who has been described as America's favorite uncle passed away Wednesday at the age of 97. In the 50's & 60's he had a TV show called "Art Linkletter's House Party" Later he had a show called "Kids Say The Darndest Things". He would interview kids and get them to say some of the most amazing and funny thinngs. One of my favorites was a little girl about 6.

Art: What do you like to do in your free time.

Girl: Read the Bible:

Art: What's your favorite story?

Girl: When Jesus turned water into wine.

Art: What did you learn from that story?

Girl: When you run out of wine, all you have to do is pray for more.

Another American treasure has passed from us. Rest in Peace sir.

·
90/10 headed for 95/5
7,665 Posts
An adopted American....Art was born in Saskatchewan, Canada. The "Kids Say the Darndest Things" segments on House Party were absolutely hysterical. (...those of you under 40 chat amongst yourselves.)

·
In memory of Rokitdog
14,951 Posts
I too, grew up watching his show and greatly miss the quality of the shows that were produced back then.
Art was an icon and a patriot, almost as much as Bob Hope . RIP Art!

·
Trust but verify
660 Posts
I agree, a gracious and humble man. Watched a lot of his entertainment works growing up. Does anybody remember the “Game of Life” he endorsed, I believe.

I think of him every time I frequent The Famous Mrs. Knotts Chicken Dinner Restaurant and see where he signed the guest register, "Art Linkletter and all the little links".

God bless

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.