Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Why do you ask? 2 Dogs!
13,596 Posts
The title is kind of throwing me off.

How is he facing imprisonment when he's involved in a civil suit?

Now I understand, as he says, the judge could hold him in contempt but as he himself said, the judge hasn't said that. He hasn't been charged with any crimes as of yet so I don't see imprisonment as being something to be concerned with until the law is actually broken.

If he is charged with contempt, I maybe see him going to jail to be booked and time behind bars until bail is set but prison is still kind of far off

I watched the video twice but I'm still really confused

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
15,985 Posts
What BHU said.

Just give us the run down.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Maybe the judge and his lawyer buddies smelled cash and figured they needed to get the guy into court. After all, gotta find a way to support all those people who wander around the courthouse drinking coffee and jabbering about macaroni recipes.

·
-.-. --.-
2,225 Posts
So much bull****.

There was a complaint regarding a shooting range, someone is suing someone else about the respectful rate of fire for said shooting range.

Army guy (this is actually irrelevant except for clickbait) COULD be held in contempt for not producing records for the lawsuit's discovery request.

So, this is a civil matter, no prison. At worst, the shooting range rules will be modified.

The 2A doesn't cover shooting ranges, only guns.

I used to think people on this site were more rational.

·
Banned
6,384 Posts
What would his VA medical records have to do with any of the things they are charging or accusing him of?
So they can label him mentally unfit to possess a firearm and disarm him and his family and possibly lock him up as a suspected danger to others.

This is how it begins.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

·
Proud Crusader
2,184 Posts
Yeah...I don't quite get the idea of what the beef is all about, either. Mean to say, if contempt was'nt mentioned yet, why worry about it? And contempt is up to the Judge. And the Judge may not even put that charge on the Vet.

I am a Vet. I back my battle brothers in most matters; But too many people are starting "go fund me" pages, "because...reasons".

·
Banned
14,722 Posts
This actually just seems really distasteful.

I'm also very confused by the individual's position.

Dude has 12 acres and lots of guns. Yet is asking the public for support for his CIVIL lawsuit.

He could have researched the shooting range and shooting covenants on his land before buying the land or building a range. Apparently he was behaving in a way to annoy neighbors. Maybe not. But the limits he cited (days/hours) seemed reasonable.

He could comply with the Judge's orders to produce documents, or fight the production. His only risk of "imprisonment" is low, and would be from a contempt of court. I think that seems very unlikely.

He could do what other Americans do when sued. He could dip into his savings. He could sell off some of his 12 acres. He could counter sue and seek damages.

He says he "has not been charged criminally." So this seems like click bait.

This has little to do with guns, and more to do with just other issues.

I don't know what to think but it doesn't pass a lot of tests for me.

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
I got whiney,entitled and uninformed vet out of this. Seen the video over a month ago and wasn't impressed.

Didn't finish watching.

·
Why do you ask? 2 Dogs!
13,596 Posts
There's a lot of things we don't know....

I thought in the video he said he had 1 acre of land (I'm not going to re-watch it just to find out)

If the land sold is in small tracts, that means he has neighbors really close

I would guess, the law suit is regarding noise and the disturbance of peace

If I'm a neighbor and I've got young kids that nap, I would have an issue also.

We only know his side of this story, not the neighbors side, nor do we know what has transpired through the last 8 months as he said

The Judge may have good cause in asking for his medical records and the amounts of ammunition this guy has purchased

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
15,985 Posts
This reminds me of an issue on a Christian message board some time ago "they're trying to shut down a church!"

Then you find the guy built a church on his own, not up to code, on his personal property, has all night LOUD prayer services on a small subdivision lot, etc. Parking blocking his neighbors. Once the facts came out it was clear he wasn't a victim.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts