Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Father of 11 husband of 1
10,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the other day I tried to send my son a link on Facebook Messenger (private message, not posted on line) and I got a warning from Facebook that it was a violation of their policies.

Today I got a notice from Armslist that they have had their presence removed from both Facebook and Instagram.

Here is part of the email I received.

"Armslist
Yesterday, we woke up to some seriously bad news. Without warning, both our Facebook and Instagram pages were completely removed. We’re sending this newsletter as a call to arms, to ask you for your help in recovering our pages."

·
Indefatigable
20,105 Posts
It's a classified ad page - correct?
I never used it but I have heard about it/seen it on FB
I just checked there are at least a dz links to pages named Armslist (spelled a variety of ways) but I didn't see that. Not surprising, FB is taking down small business pages too, they aren't making any money off the pages, they want the companies to BUY ads.
In the end you have to remember it is THEIR platform, it's not the government who removed it.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
So the other day I tried to send my son a link on Facebook Messenger (private message, not posted on line) and I got a warning from Facebook that it was a violation of their policies.

Today I got a notice from Armslist that they have had their presence removed from both Facebook and Instagram.

Here is part of the email I received.

"Armslist

Yesterday, we woke up to some seriously bad news. Without warning, both our Facebook and Instagram pages were completely removed. We’re sending this newsletter as a call to arms, to ask you for your help in recovering our pages."

Why do people continue to use a platform that is openly anti gun and pro illegal immigration!?!
Don’t you realize you are putting money in zuckerberg’s pocket?
Money that he has shown a willingness to spend on revoking your rights.

I’ll never understand it.

·
Registered
12,109 Posts
I understand that but it still seems like huge over reach.
Your "overreach" is simply them ensuring that businesses advertising on their sites are paying them for that privilege. Not censorship in the least.

Facebook is in business to make a profit and flag conservative speech as "hate speech". Not provide a venue for free advertising and opposing viewpoints to their political positions.

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
15,920 Posts
Next door does something similar, if you mention a business you have to "tag" it or they will not let it post.

I don't deal with guns obviously, who on this board wants me armed? No one.

But when I mentioned my vet on a thread I had to click on something and select her.

The online sites want money from the businesses. And some like FB want to nanny us. I am sure if I put up a pejorative about gays on FB I would be banned in no time. Fa# or something similar. Some of my friends have been censored for religious reasons. So it is coming.

Blogger has a huge document on hate speech online I had to read and accept the terms before I could do my blog. You Tube makes me click that it is not for children whenever I post a video.

It is coming. Like someone said look at other platforms.

Reactions: Good beer

·
Welcome to the rice field
1,579 Posts
Why do people continue to use a platform that is openly anti gun and pro illegal immigration!?!
Don’t you realize you are putting money in zuckerberg’s pocket?
Money that he has shown a willingness to spend on revoking your rights.

I’ll never understand it.
Agree for the most part. I do have social media accounts, but only use them for political purposes, mostly around election time. The battle for narrative matters. Using it to combat their own propoghanda is worthwhile IMO. I get banned from these platforms often, but they can't stop me from starting new accounts. It's about that time again...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts