Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Barack Obama says he doesn't believe in Right-to-Carry. In fact, he says he thinks it can make this world a more dangerous place.

Barack Obama needs to read the papers. He might learn a thing or two, like the fact that armed citizens recently stopped a terrorist attack in Jerusalem. According to Israel Radio, a man in a car plowed into a crowd, injuring more than a dozen before he was shot and killed by armed citizens.

Imagine a world where all of us are reduced to prey for predatory criminals and lethal terrorists. It's a vision Barack Obama endorses, and that would make us all less safe.

More...

·
Premium Member
1,950 Posts
I think legislations that attempt to do stuff like this ought to be automatically negated because it is in direct contradiction to the constitution.

"...the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

To bear something does not mean just having it at your house but usually means to have it on your person.

·
Registered
122 Posts
If Obama pushes for his ban on CCW, effectively trampling the rights of state governments (not to mention Citizens' rights), won't that anger a whole bunch of legislators who have to answer to their constituents?

·
Hubris begets Nemesis
7,751 Posts
Barack Obama says he doesn't believe in Right-to-Carry. In fact, he says he thinks it can make this world a more dangerous place.

Barack Obama needs to read the papers. He might learn a thing or two, like the fact that armed citizens recently stopped a terrorist attack in Jerusalem. According to Israel Radio, a man in a car plowed into a crowd, injuring more than a dozen before he was shot and killed by armed citizens.

Imagine a world where all of us are reduced to prey for predatory criminals and lethal terrorists. It's a vision Barack Obama endorses, and that would make us all less safe.

More...
This may be a good point but it belongs in the Political section, not the Firearms General Discussion.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Strange to bring up the situation in Israel as support of the Second Amendment...

There is no general right in Israel to own firearms. To get a permit for a handgun, you must have a "valid reason" which means: 3 years as a police officer, or military service with a rank above captain, or residence in a "high risk" area (like the West Bank).

If the Arabs ever make nice with Israel, a lot of people are going to have to turn in their arms.

·
Hubris begets Nemesis
7,751 Posts
like the fact that armed citizens recently stopped a terrorist attack in Jerusalem. According to Israel Radio, a man in a car plowed into a crowd, injuring more than a dozen before he was shot and killed by armed citizens.

More...
It seems that the group of armed "citizens" were actually soldiers in uniform.

·
Registered
282 Posts
ya in israel since i admire there military its actually police in civilian uniform as they go undercover or daily patrol in cover as to not be seen. and civilians are only allowed one to 2 pistols i believe and that is also with a very good reason to have one due to job or area you live in known for terrorist threats.

problem with the constitution is that it states that we will always have the right to bear arms and it shall not be infringed buuuuuuttt.... it doesnt state we will always have the right to use them to defend our self and that is what obama wants to take from us which is wrong in so many ways.

police in 10mins 15mins even if it were 1 min isnt going to save my life from a man that wants to shoot me and i have no right to use the gun i own against him

i dont like either president candidate but for gun rights i sure do hope mccain wins for that part. as for obama he may know how to speak but we'd see if he puts his god like antichrist like words to action. i honestly still wish that ron paul could be prez :'( brings a tear to my eye that he didnt get higher just cause he didnt have as much money as mccain and obama

·
Registered
5 Posts
I agree with Barack Obama just think if everybody could buy a gun than every crazy guy could get one and maybe make a bloodbath at a school or something. You woulded be safe anywhere. That´s why I agree with Obama

·
Registered
11 Posts
I agree with Barack Obama just think if everybody could buy a gun than every crazy guy could get one and maybe make a bloodbath at a school or something. You woulded be safe anywhere. That´s why I agree with Obama
While some "crazy guys" do get guns, there are background checks and waiting periods in place in many states that prevent this from happening. Besides, if crazy people are truly intent on committing a crime, then they will get access to a firearm through any channel- legal or not. Why take away the legal means of gun ownership from a law abiding citizen who wants to protect themselves from these "crazy guys?" I do disagree with Obama on this issue.

·
Registered
356 Posts
.............like a deer in the f***ing headlights, aren't you? Are we all safe out here in Californee right now then? One of the hardest places in the U.S. to be a gun owner and we still have crime out the a$$! Gun control worked real well out here, didn't it??

·
Looking ahead
2,178 Posts
Strange to bring up the situation in Israel as support of the Second Amendment...

There is no general right in Israel to own firearms. To get a permit for a handgun, you must have a "valid reason" which means: 3 years as a police officer, or military service with a rank above captain, or residence in a "high risk" area (like the West Bank).

If the Arabs ever make nice with Israel, a lot of people are going to have to turn in their arms.
Budget I'm pretty sure that all Israeli men have to enlist for a certain amount of time after high school. I may be slightly off but I've heard this a few times now. If that is the case then all of those men would have their "valid" reason. Luckily we have valid reason enough with the 2nd as our birthright.

Now if we could only get Barack out to the range...

·
Banned
1,798 Posts
Where are you people coming from? People like you seem to be popping up here on a daily basis:mad:

Reactions: thewall
1 - 20 of 25 Posts