Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Passed away March 22, 2011
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about buying a Arktis 1600 Vest.
The top 2 pouches detach and the mag pouches fit 4 M16 mags.

Your thoughts please.

·
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A general multipurpose load carrying vest for bush walking, bugging out, hunting etc.

·
Free Born
2,446 Posts
I would stay away from the camo pattern, get it in tan, OD or black.

·
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The supplier is closing out stock and it only comes in this colour.
I could get it from Arktis UK in other colours but at over twice the price of this one and price is a big consideration for me.
Plus here in Oz, camo is not so stigmatized, plus it's completely different from the Auscam of the Australian Defence Force, black is seen to be a bit more sinister.

·
Free Born
2,446 Posts
Oh ok, then I would go for it then!:) Looks like a good quality vest.

·
Registered
171 Posts
i had one like it LOVED IT was one of the best vests i had it held a truck load of gear and felt comfy. best part was i would still wear a back pack. BUT (theres always a but) i got my new vest and i love this one too lol.
Its more of a body armor but i am a big fan of molle and comfort and this fits both.

best of luck with the vest you shouldn't be disappointed

thats my new one
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh164/winters921/PB184210.jpg

·
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
winters921, what a cool vest.

The Arktis vest will do me for now until I can afford and justify a Molle vest.

·
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just bought the vest plus a matching Arktis HUMP hyrdration pack, the seller charged postage for just the vest, now all I have to do is wait for delivery. :D:

·
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well the vest arrived today and I'm impressed as to what it can carry.
It should fulfil my requirements. :thumb:

I can fit three .303 SMLE 10 round mags plus six 5 rounds clips underneath into each of the 4 ammo pouches.
I just have to use what I can get legally, SMLEs aren't bad rifles as I live in Australia and can't legally own self-loading (semi-autos) rifles any more, unless you are a registered farmer plus you can't posses mags bigger than 10 rounds for any firearm. :(

Anyway, the vest also has 4 utility pouches, each of which will hold a British style mess kit or a 1 qt canteen and cup, it's a squeeze though plus 2 of the pouches are detachable and it has a sleeve pocket on the back suitable for a hydration bladder.

So I'm pretty chuffed. :D:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts