Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Banned
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can not believe some of the investment advice being given and accepted on this forum. Does hardly anyone besides FK and a couple others know whats going on? Have they all stopped trying to explain it over and over again?

FACTS:

1. There is more DEBT then there is MONEY to pay the debt.
2. By paying off debt you are taking money out of the system, thus contracting the economy.
3. The only way to keep the system alive is to borrow more money then the year before, and on and on and on, forever.
4. The dollar will collapse, and it will be something out of a nightmare.

These are the facts people, the system is in the middle to last stages now.

No i wont engage in a battle of wits with people who clearly have no clue how the system works.:thumb:

·
Patiently Waiting
6,086 Posts
Does hardly anyone besides FK and a couple others know whats going on? Have they all stopped trying to explain it over and over again?
Yes we know what's going on, but some people choose to believe that somehow this will pass on without too much trouble and that we here on SB who advocate that the system is going to collapse soon are just a bunch of nutters.

There's more than enough information out there for people to know what's going on, they just don't care, yet.

What ya gonna do? I'm not rich so I can't plan the way I would if I had a few spare hundred thousand to throw at my preps. I'm covered for the first year or so if the S really does HTF and society as we know it stops. After that (if I've survived) I'm really not sure what to do other than hope my plans for a long term solution are really viable. I've got no way of knowing until it happens, but at least I have a plan, most don't.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
:
Most people have more debt than they have money. Doesnt mean the debt couldnt be paid off. Heck most the debt is owned by americans.

2. By paying off debt you are taking money out of the system, thus contracting the economy.:
Yes but we dont need to pay off the debt we need to control our spending.

3. The only way to keep the system alive is to borrow more money then the year before, and on and on and on, forever.
.:
Doesnt have to be that way. Its just the way it is now.

.:
Maybe but if it doesnt happen in my lifetime or my families i dont care.

.:
Not really these are your opinion. The world hasn't ended yet the system is fixable. Betting only a system failure is not a good investment. It is better to be diversified.

·
Banned
930 Posts
Not really these are your opinion. The world hasn't ended yet the system is fixable. Betting only a system failure is not a good investment. It is better to be diversified.
In case you missed it the first time...

A good read for you to look over before any more replys would be this link

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/888963/posts

·
Banned
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
+1
Betting against the U.S. dollar is dangerous,it seems to always bounce back.
So does a used condom and you dont see me sucking on that either right. The dollar is no different then any other fiat currency friend.

For the sake of someone who might listen to you, educate yourself friend.

·
Premium Member
12,717 Posts
The world hasn't ended yet the system is fixable. Betting only a system failure is not a good investment. It is better to be diversified.
i used to think this way............untill i realized the fixing is in the hands of two groups of bickering party members opposed to one another even after the first part of the callapse has happend.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
The world hasn't ended yet the system is fixable. Betting only a system failure is not a good investment. It is better to be diversified.
I agree with the original post. It is doomed and soon to happen. That's what brought me to this site and made me become a prepper in the first place. The dollar is about to collapse, and the current administration is trying to make it happen as fast as possible. Obama has spent like crazy, he's got the elite pulling his strings trying to hurry it along. Stock up or starve....

·
Banned
6,367 Posts
So does a used condom and you dont see me sucking on that either right. The dollar is no different then any other fiat currency friend.

I am educated,and your response was uncalled for.
Educate yourself,you are breaking forum rules with your quote.

·
The Convicted Audiophile™
4,384 Posts
"There are no facts, only interpretations."
— Friedrich Nietzsche
FACTS:

2. By paying off debt you are taking money out of the system, thus contracting the economy.

2)That makes NO sense
How does me walking into the B of A branch and giving them 100 dollar bills for my Visa card balance "taking money out of the system"?

"It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.’ But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance."
— -Murray N. Rothbard

4)Maybe...maybe not

Does hardly anyone besides FK and a couple others know whats going on?
I picture the schizophrenic homeless guy standing on the street corner with his bullhorn===>
"People!!! Wake up!!! You retards!!! Can't you see what is REALLY going on!!!?";)

Top 25% Economics Departments, as of June 2011

Ludwig Von Mises (Economic Freedom And Interventionism: An Anthology of Articles And Essays)

We all know about fiat money
Economists know about it
Investors know about it
Politicians know about it
Economic doomsday bloggers with their BUY GOLD NOW ads know about it:cool:
You act like the concept of fiat money is some secret......

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
"

Top 25% Economics Departments, as of June 2011

Ludwig Von Mises (Economic Freedom And Interventionism: An Anthology of Articles And Essays)

We all know about fiat money
Economists know about it
Investors know about it
Politicians know about it
Economic doomsday bloggers with their BUY GOLD NOW ads know about it:cool:
You act like the concept of fiat money is some secret......

And how many of these Top 25% Economics Departments saw this meltdown and did anything about it? I bet ZERO.:eek: They are all Gov't controlled and tow the party line!

I for one have little respect for them:upsidedown:

·
Banned
6,367 Posts
And how many of these Top 25% Economics Departments saw this meltdown and did anything about it? I bet ZERO.:eek: They are all Gov't controlled and tow the party line!

I for one have little respect for them:upsidedown:
So you need to insult my education?Did you call it?

·
Registered
939 Posts
I can not believe some of the investment advice being given and accepted on this forum. Does hardly anyone besides FK and a couple others know whats going on? Have they all stopped trying to explain it over and over again?

FACTS:

No i wont engage in a battle of wits with people who clearly have no clue how the system works.:thumb:
ok I'm curious... I'll bite.

tell me how the only way to keep the system"alive" is for me to borrow money???

more than that... tell me why, by paying off my current debt, I'm taking money out of the system... "thus contracting the economy".

i agree there is more debt than money, and that the dollar collapse is probable, but im a little fuzzy on your other two points and how they relate.... very interested to see how all this stuff works.

·
Banned
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So you need to insult my education?Did you call it?
Yes, yes i did, along with a handful of other(at the time)conspiracy economists.....lol

tell me how the only way to keep the system"alive" is for me to borrow money
the system of money is based on debt, so here is how it started.

there is no money in the system, you come to me and need 5 bucks, i give you the five bucks but tell you that you owe me .50 cents back on top of the five.

the problem is, i only create the 5 bucks, you can never pay your debt back because there is not enough money in the system.

Until jim wants to borrow five dollars also, now there is 10 dollars in the system, but the debt is 11 dollars.

one can pay and one has to default. times this 100 billion times over, and that is our economic system public and private.

the banks have to loan more money each year otherwise defaults start like running water as people pay off their debts and money is taken out of the system.

That is why they lowered lending standards.

This is also why the economy is not doing anything as hardly any new money is being created thru frb, only money being destroyed thru defaults and debt repayments.

more than that... tell me why, by paying off my current debt, I'm taking money out of the system... "thus contracting the economy".
money is destroyed thru defaults and debt repayments.

here is a neat little read with an example

http://dont-tread-on.me/the-contrived-drama-of-the-debt-ceiling/

·
Banned
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
2)That makes NO sense
How does me walking into the B of A branch and giving them 100 dollar bills for my Visa card balance "taking money out of the system"?
How is money destroyed?

Thru defaults and debt repayment correct?

or does your economics knowledge only go so far as quoting other guys who knew about economics?

·
Registered
38 Posts
gettingthere51 - I've agreed and disagreed with some of your posts, going so far as to use the ignore feature early on when I joined.

You seem to SINCERELY want to spread your word and EDUCATE people as to why you feel your views are correct, and that's great.....

....if you do it correctly.

being snide and rude does nothing but CLOSE peoples minds about what point you're trying to get across, BEFORE they even have an opportunity to give your idea genuine thought.

just my opinion

"It don't cost nuthin' to be nice." - Paul "Bear" Bryant

1 - 20 of 53 Posts