Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Intemporaliter Fidelis
282 Posts
I hope looters are dumb enough to shoot at me and then pull back and set up an ambush. I may stick out like a sore thumb in the city but you get me in the woods and you will find out I am there about the time I give you a second smile.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Fortunately there will not be a whole lot of single groups of people of 10 or less. There will be groups of 30 to 40 or more where I live. And besides one never should never show there full strength or capabilities anyhow.

But the video does give some food for thought.

·
Registered
61 Posts
That video is absurd. As far as improbable threats go this is one of the most improbable. There is really no way to prepare for the scenario outlined in the video. Its pure scaremongering.

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
If they want to trek up a 1/2 mile long driveway into an unknown situation then let the fun begin. The video assumes that people who survived will be oblivious to the fact that there are these types, most will not be.

·
Registered
305 Posts
What a bunch of BS
The looters are portrayed as tattooed drug addled losers in the beginning then miracle of all miracles they turn into a marine LRRP team armed with night vision and tactics that take years to learn ..And they have discipline!!
WOW Fear mongering BS!!!
The premise of the idea was sound..the video is unbelievably retarded.
The only way this video could be portrayed as real is if the looters were a rogue military unit..not a bunch of street thugs

·
Banned
1,632 Posts
"Remember only the pathetic and miserable look to manipulate others, and only a coward resorts to scare-tactics to win a conflict, but most of all, be afraid, be very afraid of the silent ones who don’t need to intimidate just to evade, those who never prey on the weak, those who never seek to inflict yet defend any who can’t fend for themselves without hesitation, when the walls come down U’ll learn the rites of passage through reality/chaos, or perish like the rest of Ur kind. All who pose as a monster just to mask the coward in their eyes. There’s still time to adopt the warrior code, be humane or fall victim to the shadows that lurk in the night…"

·
In need of an adventure
189 Posts
Interesting premise in the video. But I find it absurd the way it is presented. Pictures of tatooed gangbangers interlaced with LRRP's. I would like to see some of these East LA thugs venture into the backwoods of Eastern KY or West Virginia. The residents there would send them back to LaLa land like a bunch of schoolgirls.

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
Interesting premise in the video. But I find it absurd the way it is presented. Pictures of tatooed gangbangers interlaced with LRRP's. I would like to see some of these East LA thugs venture into the backwoods of Eastern KY or West Virginia. The residents there would send them back to LaLa land like a bunch of schoolgirls.
I think the premise of the video is a little far-fetched but these tattooed gangbangers are not just in East LA, a lot of them are in the Midwest, and Southeast as well they are tied to the drug cartels in Mexico and stake out territory along drug smuggling routes. Places near you that have these problems would be Knoxville, Raleigh, and even Louisville. But these people will probably not migrate into rural areas to raid they will be more likely to stay in the cities and terrorize those that cannot get out, they would rather prey on others through fear than really work at anything including raiding the countryside.

·
In need of an adventure
189 Posts
I think the premise of the video is a little far-fetched but these tattooed gangbangers are not just in East LA, a lot of them are in the Midwest, and Southeast as well they are tied to the drug cartels in Mexico and stake out territory along drug smuggling routes. Places near you that have these problems would be Knoxville, Raleigh, and even Louisville. But these people will probably not migrate into rural areas to raid they will be more likely to stay in the cities and terrorize those that cannot get out, they would rather prey on others through fear than really work at anything including raiding the countryside.

I know, they are here as well. I see them everyday and don't doubt for a minute that this type will pray on others.

·
Registered
21,236 Posts
We have doen this thread before. But in text and without the scary music.
Apparently we are all super snipers who will hunt down raiders and murder them.

I sit on the side that most raiders really are not that well organised.

·
A Hoosier not a Hillbilly
3,016 Posts
If it boils down to who has the most ammo then screw this country. I wouldn't want to survive in a wasteland of militant motherhummers.

·
I almost guarantee it
448 Posts
I'm pretty surprised how many people are saying this can't happen to them. They think they've got all their bases covered. There is always a weak spot, there is always a way in. Patience will always present a solution and all it takes in a group of a dozen thugs is 1 (ONE) leader with a brain to organize and conduct a raid on an unsuspecting group of average preppers, whether these preppers are well armed, well prepared or whatever it may be. As the old saying goes, "never underestimate your opponent".

Let's look at it this way, 12 raiders are assaulting your house and there's 12 of you. These 12 raiders have done this perhaps 15 times in the recent past. You and your dozen members have done this 0-2 times in the past. I would say that experience gives these raiders the advantage. Anybody can sit back and think about how such an event will unfold but experience will always change your perspective on things. Experience will make these raiders better prepared and better suited to play the road warrior game.

·
Banned
1,632 Posts
I'm pretty surprised how many people are saying this can't happen to them. They think they've got all their bases covered. There is always a weak spot, there is always a way in. Patience will always present a solution and all it takes in a group of a dozen thugs is 1 (ONE) leader with a brain to organize and conduct a raid on an unsuspecting group of average preppers, whether these preppers are well armed, well prepared or whatever it may be. As the old saying goes, "never underestimate your opponent".

Let's look at it this way, 12 raiders are assaulting your house and there's 12 of you. These 12 raiders have done this perhaps 15 times in the recent past. You and your dozen members have done this 0-2 times in the past. I would say that experience gives these raiders the advantage. Anybody can sit back and think about how such an event will unfold but experience will always change your perspective on things. Experience will make these raiders better prepared and better suited to play the road warrior game.
I agree! I always get some of the guys at work talk about how much ammo they have ready to kill them all if they invade their property...

I always remind them about a determined enemy that is somewhat organized!

If they are smart they would scout the neighborhood, you have to assume they will be doing this but if not, once you shoot the first couple of thugs, they will know your house and prepare to invade as revenge!

I always ask them do they have 360 degree, 24/7 sentury posts and staffed? What happens when you fall asleep or need to go to the toilet?

They could sneak around a blind or unattended angle of your dwelling and throw a Molitov in a window (if not blocked out) and now you have a fire to deal with besides enemy thugs outside maybe in sniper positions!

I always love the burning car scenario!:D:

Send a burning car towards your dwelling, good luck trying to stop that with bullets at full speed (brick on the throttle)!

·
Registered
4,268 Posts

Most of those that will raid will be those that hve not prepared and hope to pray on others. They will not be the trained para-military groups that most think(even though there may be afew of these groups) The biggest group will be grangbangers who comfort zone will be the cities and larger towns, they will get most of their raiding in by looting stores , robbing businesses and providing protection,the majority of these will kill each other off. For those that are in remote or semi-remote areas they will see little if any of these people and like i said before If they want to approach a single home or small group of homes off the beaten path they aredumber than a box of rocks. In our case the drive is 1/4 mile long well seen from the houses sits on top of hill and surrounded by barbed wire fence and trees all the wayup the hill until you get to large clearing where the dogs roam. IOW it it not the type of situation you would want to go into, it would be much easier to stay in the towns and live off the sheep.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts