Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Among my freinds and associates and perhaps many of you, there is great concern about being on a Government "list" of "armed dissadents" who would be first to be dis-armed in the event of any perceived notion of national instability.

I am NOT a member of any "group" or "militia" that is organized or exists in any manner BUT I've been told that I am on such a "list" here in Maine by people who claim to know the list exists.

It seems highly resonable that such lists exist particularly in "Blue States" run by the so-called Liberal Elite".

My freinds and me have several "blastoramas" each year that have been decribed on a local internet forum; we were told two years ago that "info" from this forum and "other sources" caused the "Governor's Security Detail" to investigate many of us and that we are now on a watch list.

While I hate to seem paranoid, some of my freinds and some of the FFL dealers where I have purchased stuff were asked questions of me and my freinds. Apparently my purchase of a bunch of ammo made "them" suspicious but this was ammo destined to be fired at our event.

What do you all think? Am I needlessly paranoid or do such "lists" exist?

·
6 Boys and 13 Hands
10,309 Posts
I will be so bold as to say that any person who joins a survival forum or even visits a survival forum is a person of interest to be monitored. I will give a little example of my own experience. I being a UFO skeptic spent a day in ufocasebook.com investigating what other people are claiming to see. This site is on a server in Temple Texas. When I was checking my e-mail I got an anonymous e-mail from of course a non-existent domain that stated "WHAT THE H#LL YOU LOOKING FOR". Now since the sender omitted the subject line my ISP flagged it as spam. I was able to view the header information which gave me the IP address of the server which the e-mail originated from. The IP address was 67.219.101.87 this IP address was from a server in Philadelphia PA I wrote a program awhile back which uses a internet whois site to identify an IP address owner.
The following lines are just the first 7 lines of the return.

OrgName: Razor Inc.
OrgID: RAZOR-4
Address: 401 N. Broad St.
City: Philadelphia
StateProv: PA
PostalCode: 19108

After further investigation I found that this address was formally a DOD building that manufactured tanks in WWI and that it was supposedly now a data communications center. Was this simply a prank? Most Likely. The case I'm trying to make is that someone knew what sites I was visiting and was able to get my IP address and subsequently my e-mail address and had the savvy to send an anonymous e-mail. (this requires a little knowledge but it is not rocket science) The whois site I got this info from is whois.arin.net.

So basically the FEDS if they want, know who you are, how many guns you legally own and how much ammo you buy and if you use a credit card or a checking account or PayPal, how much food you buy and what kind of products you purchase. If you use Geocaching the FEDS most likely know what coordinates you have logged.

We Americans squawk at the Government profiling people because of race when we ourselves provide our own profile information freely to the Government by leaving a trail of our online activity and our daily purchases of goods and services. It is often said on online sites that Google is your friend. That statement is a horrible abomination of the truth Google stores your online searches for two years and makes them available to the Government upon request albeit involuntarily or so we are led to believe.

Well you might think that I'm a loony and bit paranoid, but I assure you this is absolute fact.

·
Tuco
110 Posts
I would say we are all on the list because of the trail of paper work leads right to your door step.Everytime you buy a firearm from a store , your computer , your phone , your accounts and everything else leads right back to you. Also in some states to organize a militia is illegal .

·
Inglourious Basterd
2,966 Posts
It seems highly resonable that such lists exist particularly in "Blue States" run by the so-called Liberal Elite".
Actually you should be scared of the "patriot act" which was forced down our throats after 9/11 by a republican president ,republican congress and republican senate. A few politicians from both parties were against the patriot act but not enough to block it's passage. So now the gov. has the right to listen to our phone calls,internet activity, and can bust into your home,take you prisoner and detain you without council for as long as they like.

·
Go to guy
661 Posts
There are many ways that people can be placed on a list and that might be as simple as using the federal registry that is created when you purchace a firearm.

·
Premium Member
9,224 Posts
My wife thinks we are now on "the list" because I legally bought a shotgun (my first firearms purchase ever) just before the presidential election in 2008. Certainly, there IS a record of the gun purchase because of the required check. Whether the guv'ment will go door-to-door confiscating guns from "the list" after TSHTF ... not so sure. I think that they will have their hands full with more pressing matters when that happens.

However, I do have a back-up plan in case this does occur, as the police did during Katrina in New Orleans. I won't go into details. I think many of you here know what I mean. :)

·
Destroyer of Ignorance
2,988 Posts
I operate on the assumption that the government does not condsider me to be friendly and has most likely placed me on a list of other like minded folks. And some people ask me why I carry, LOL.

·
Deo VIndice
6,108 Posts
If they read posts, I probably am. Very curious if they also keep lists here in commie Europe.
LOL that's probably where they got the idea! think 1930's/40's Germany.

·
Banned
3,995 Posts
I'm sure I'm on every list ever created. I've written political commentary for years on various low-traffic websites.

That means I've hit the FBI website plus CIA, DARPA, FEMA, UN, various military websites (both US and foreign), all the US forces Iraqi-occupation websites, foreign language newpapers, terrorist's websites, Jane's Defense and other military weapons sites, KKK, NAACP, ACLU, various militia groups of various political stripes, survivalist sites, radical and mainstream political parties in most unstable areas of the world, government websites of countries in most unstable areas of the world, UNSCOM, NRA, Brady Center, democratunderground, freerepublic, and on and on and on all on a regular basis.

Sometimes I laugh at myself because I realize I've done something like visit a site talking about military sniper rifles, a presidential candidate's website, a radical fringe group's site, then back to a map of that candidate's itenerary all in half an hour. The visits usually aren't related to each other because they're for different ideas/stories I'm thinking about. But I'm sure it raises the eyebrows of anyone watching my web activity.

I just assume I'm under surveillance whenever I leave the house. If that's not the case, no problem. If it is the case, I've got a free security system courtesy of the federal government.

·
Plinker
746 Posts
All of you members of this forum and others, should (IMHO) be mindful of using certain "key words" in your postings. And what are those "key words" you say? Use you imagination, I get a little paranoid too.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
I think 'the list' is a great idea, and if you haven't made the list yet shame on you. The list might also come in handy when our government implodes in on itself from ww3 and we want to know who real patriots are, and people that can't be suckered or bought out or brainwashed by big business, and a few of the people who just want to kill something.:whip: ANARCHY:whip:

·
small "l" libertarian
1,379 Posts
Actually you should be scared of the "patriot act" which was forced down our throats after 9/11 by a republican president ,republican congress and republican senate. A few politicians from both parties were against the patriot act but not enough to block it's passage. So now the gov. has the right to listen to our phone calls,internet activity, and can bust into your home,take you prisoner and detain you without council for as long as they like.
Republican, Democrat...just two sides of the same coin. Until America wakes up and realizes that the two party system is actually a one party system (not even cleverly hidden), we'll continue to live under the current oligarchy.

People warn that America is moving towards totalitarianism -I've got news for you: we're already there. Does anyone really think anyone but an approved Democrat or Republican can win the presidency? Or that more than one or two non-approved people could gain even a congressional seat? Granted, it's not a COMPLETE totalitarian government. They couldn't get away with ANYTHING, but there is very little the government can't do, and remain in power in the current system.

But that's ok. Keep believing that you can actually make a difference by "changing" the government and electing republicans/democrats (whatever your flavor happens to be).

·
Registered
24 Posts
the government confiscated guns in the deep south when a HURRICANE was coming, what makes you think they won't do the same or more in complete economic collapse? im positive anyone who legally bought a gun is on that sort of list, hell they used it in Katrina

·
Banned
3,760 Posts

The Republican party is no longer what it used to be. It used to be a paleoconservative party, for freedom, the constitution, non interventionism, anti federalism, but at some point they became neoconservative (people like Bush Jr and Sr), which is nothing but a weak substract of facism, the obsession with national security, the whole terrorist madness and the patriot act, fighting other peoples wars, war on drugs, that stuff. The only traditional paleoconservative republican in this years election was Ron Paul, and they said he was not republican, but he was the most republican of all.

Watch this small video of the debate, the piece that facist news.. I mean fox news censored.

·
Destroyer of Marxism.
875 Posts
the government confiscated guns in the deep south when a HURRICANE was coming, what makes you think they won't do the same or more in complete economic collapse? im positive anyone who legally bought a gun is on that sort of list, hell they used it in Katrina
Lots of states after the fact have passed laws forbidding they confiscations in the future. Of courseif there weren't parasites shooting at helicopters there may not have been a problem during Katrina.

Of course if there is a massive collapse and some of these "patriots" start shooting at cops or troops, what do you think will happen to those of us with enough sense not to?

If you've ever filled out a 4473 you're on a "list". I seriously doubt you'll se guns taken away from people in places not loaded with parasites shooting at cops, troops, helicopters or anything they shouldn't be shooting at. Once that happens, a lot of troops take their M4's home and protect their own.

I don't worry about being on a list. I've served the empire, I have no intention of shooting anyone. Unless a great evil is being commited where I can help stop it, I'll never have to shoot anything besides food.

·
Registered
461 Posts
It wouldn't be difficult for the US government to compile a database of this type of information. Based on what we already know about how they have abused their power justified by the "war on terror", they could easily figure out who is posting here(or at least the physical location of where you are posting). Once they know who is posting here, it's a question of what is being posted. Google proves that it's very easy to index this type of information.

If such a list doesn't exist, a few SQL Select statements run against a database could generate one. The bigger question is what would they do with that information. I read a statistic that said something like 70 - 80 percent of all households in West Virginia where I live have guns. I just did a quick search and the 2000 census reported 736000 households here. 70% of that is 515000 households with guns and it's likely higher than that because of population growth and I think 70% is a low figure. If the SHTF, how likely is it that they will spare the manpower to go to 500000+ houses in WV to confiscate guns?

1 - 20 of 66 Posts