Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 9 6.5%
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Founder
16,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are you going to have a garden this year?

If Yes - what are you planning on planting.

If No - why not?

·
Banned
9,787 Posts
I'm buying some 5 gallon buckets to grow some tomatos and peppers this summer. It will be my first time and I'm not growing enough to live on.

·
Endure-Adapt-Overcome
332 Posts
I had a small garden last year, but this year I plan to build five more planter boxes and start on time. I had a late go of it last year.

·
Premium Member
9,224 Posts
Yup. I'll be adding new raised beds to expand my veggie production.

I'll plant:

tomatoes of various types

sweet peppers of various types

lettuces of various types

carrots

onions

pole beans

Not sure what else. I'll see what grabs my interest. Thinking about growing a pumpkin for the grandson to see.

·
USMC Veteran 84 - 01
2,163 Posts
Yes! Same as every year before. I also have Apple trees and Blackberry bushes.
Squash Tomatos
Bell Pepper Corn
Green Beans Lettuce
Potatoes Cabbage
Jalepenos Okra
Eggplant
Cantaloupe
Watermelon

Chris

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yep, like every year. Kale, zucchini, birdhouse gourds, field pumpkins, pole beans, tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, pie pumpkins, bell peppers, cucumbers (both pickiling and slicing, the quail like the pickling kind), radishes, onions and garlic. Along with my herb bed, I'm lso going to put in some more blue berry bushes, apple trees, some container citrus trees, and more dwarf figs.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
8,248 Posts
I have been thinking about it. Not sure though mainly because of our dogs. My shepard/terrier mix is very found of plants--especially potted ones. I am however strongly considering a fruit tree and a fig bush.

·
No Onions for you.
36 Posts
Sugar Cane, Purple Hull peas, Yellow Squash, egg plants, corn, tomatoes, Sweet Peppers, Hot Peppers, Snow Peas, Turnips, Okra, Potatoes, Onions,radish,garlic, Sweet Potatoes, Watermelons. Trying a new Pumpkin this year if my back order seeds come in, Lux Pie Pumpkin. I ordered some trail of tear beans last year and never got around to planting them, If I can find them in my freezer, I'm going to try those.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Being in Louisiana our gardens are already going in the ground and our transplants are started in trays. Planned for the season though is:

6 acres of field corn, 2 acres of wheat, 2 acres spread around of tomatoes, potatoes, cukes, squash, mustard greens, sweet potatoes, spinach, sweet corn, green peppers, hot peppers, cantaloupe, watermelon, pumpkin, carrots, radishes, lettuce, onions, okra, pole and snap beans, broccoli, cabbage and poke. We've also got a good sized herb garden, a few peach trees and apple trees. Blueberry, blackberry and strawberry patches and grape (although they haven't done well the past few years).

Adding this year new crops of sugar cane, tobacco and Stevia.

Have a few other things going that are in transition or poor producers...so, we won't talk about them yet :p

·
Registered
85 Posts
Yes...Bigger and betther than ever planting corn, squash, carrots, zucinni, several varieties of tomatoes, onions, okra...on and on...

·
Registered
452 Posts
I'm in a rental so I can't do anything in the ground. Instead I'll be starting out seedlings in a make shift green house then transplanting them into pots. I'll probably have abou 30 pots to take care of.....That's a lot of watering everyday.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I said no, but that means no REAL garden.
At our condo-apt we do look after a bit of landscaping with sage, marigolds, etc.
I grow bonsai, and a bit of herbs and hot peppers on the patio planters. Tried upside down tomatoes, the cherry tomato gave me 7, one regular gave me 1, the other regular gave me 0.

·
Wild Edibles Expert
10,167 Posts
I garden year round. Got part of my spring garden up already, the rest is under lights awaiting Feb 14, our last average frost date.

·
CHEERS :p
1,946 Posts
I voted yes...

we plan on
Green Beans
Onions
carrots
tomatoes and
spuds
and maybe try some sweeet spuds

·
Tuefel Hunden
1,572 Posts
Planting a variety. Almost everthing. Interested in trying Quinoa. The usual for sure. We try to plant more than on or 2 of each type. Green beans, lettuces, squashes, beets, turnips, rutin beggers(as my kids call em),carrots,leeks ,parsnips,brocolli, cabbages, califlower, onions, taters, scallions, cukes, etc.. We got a list of about 50 things and we add more when we find what stores good in our root cellar. Herbs, fruits too.

·
Old Toot
296 Posts
I have heritage seeds ordered-pole beans, bush green bean, broccoli, carrots, sweet corn,cucumber, butternut squash, zucchini, yellow squash, 5 tomato collection, and whatever I find in the seed collection that turns my fancy.
I'll do a spring and a fall garden.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts