Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
15,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband and I are registered, Independents.

The texts have already started. Today's was from a clear liberal candidate calling themselves "Move On". Something about defeating complicit Republicans.

I texted back saying he must think I was a malleable idiot because I had registered Independent, and leave me alone.

But I have a feeling it is just starting.

I have damage to my home, insurance details, and contractors all going so I will probably need to answer my phone to unknown calls but not looking forward to them.

They really think I am very stupid, saying "Trump Bad" and I will vote for their guy.

Eventually it will get out to their little database I am conservative and they will leave me alone.

Are you getting these too? If not I suspect it's because I am independent. I have, on occasion, voted for other parties but at my core I am conservative.

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
My husband and I are registered, Independents.

The texts have already started. Today's was from a clear liberal candidate calling themselves "Move On". Something about defeating complicit Republicans.

I texted back saying he must think I was a malleable idiot because I had registered Independent, and leave me alone.

But I have a feeling it is just starting.

I have damage to my home, insurance details, and contractors all going so I will probably need to answer my phone to unknown calls but not looking forward to them.

They really think I am very stupid, saying "Trump Bad" and I will vote for their guy.

Eventually it will get out to their little database I am conservative and they will leave me alone.

Are you getting these too? If not I suspect it's because I am independent. I have, on occasion, voted for other parties but at my core I am conservative.
Beware of "Move On." That's a Communist group funded by George Soros (if I'm not mistaken). As anti-American as they come!!!!!

But, no, I'm not getting any texts -- yet. I hope it stays that way but I have the ability to block unwanted numbers.

·
Retired *****
18,332 Posts
My cell phone is a "burner". I get texts from people I know and that's about it. I did get one from somebody who looked up my property and wanted to know if I wanted to sell. I just blocked that number and reported it as spam.

I've considered getting a normal cell phone account, but my lack of unwanted calls and texts has me re-thinking that.

I get lots of junk mail though. My friendly post office has conveniently installed trash cans in their lobby for it. :D:

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
15,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The mailers are easy to get rid of but I am trying to sell something on Craigslist and lit up when I got the text, then **** it is just another political idiot thinking I am a stupid bitch who will do whatever he says.

AGH.

Reactions: ActionJackson

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
15,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just got an outraged sounding text from Move On about how they are removing me from their list... good. But the way it was worded I was to view it as a punishment.

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
I got one for Bernie. I replied tell Bernie to **** I didn't get any reply. :)
You may want to "fix" the "f" word in your post. I got a recent infraction for less, recently. Of course ... the infraction came from someone who plain don't like me so that likely had something to do with it. :D: Just a friendly warning.

Reactions: Good beer

·
Don't fear the Reaper
1,505 Posts
I have a cheap cell phone too, and won't spend the money on a more expensive one. Mine does what I need it to do and I don't get calls like that. It's just people I know, and the occasional wrong number. I figure if I start getting a bunch of b.s. calls I'll just let the minutes/days run out, throw it in the trash and go buy another one with a different number.

It just doesn't mean that much to me.

·
Registered
8,714 Posts
No I don't get them because I rarely give out my real phone number. I feel sorry for the person who has the hme number I had as a kid.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Sorry to bear bad news, but the politicians have exempted "campaign" texts from the do-not-call law. The most effective way to get them to put you on the real "Do Not Call" list is to write a letter to your newspaper and TV stations and complain. The pols pay a lot of attention to letters sent to an editor or TV stations.

William Warren

·
Ingloriously Deplorable
2,610 Posts
Yeah. And microsoft telling me my subscription expired. And the cops wanting me for some warrant. And realtors wanting to buy my house. LOL.

The do not call list is a joke. I don't answer calls from numbers I don't know, they go to voicemail. Or I answer like its ra radio station and they just won the trip to tahiti by being the ninth caller. Or "Op's center, Staff Sergeant Pyle, this line is not secure" LOL.

We get more on the house line because that's the number we give out. Nobody but friends gets cell numbers but they still find us with their automated dialers.

·
Dog Lives Matter
6,479 Posts
If you made the mistake of giving them your phone number when you registered as an independent, that's why you are getting the messages. Never give any political party or organization your phone number. You will likely be getting deluged with robo calls when the election gets closer.

If the calls are from MoveOn.org, it is one of the most biased sites on the web. I believe it was started by Soros AND the Clintons.

It doesn't get any worse than this:

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/move-on/

There is no automatic enforcement of the Do Not Call list. And when our beloved politicians wrote the bill, they carved out an exception for political groups. Political groups can violate the Do Not Call list all they want.

·
Registered
7,001 Posts
H
Hi Blake! It's Tiffany with Bernie 2020. Bernie believes we have a corrupt political and economic system that needs major change. He's running for president to make our economy, our government, and our health care system work for all of us, not just the wealthy few. Are you in for Bernie?

addressed to my son (why my number I don't know) but this was my response. The boy was a Bernie Bro as a college freshman but has gained his brain back since then. They are still after him, couple of times Dims have sent real cute girls to our door asking for him. Good technique.

**** no, what sane person would vote for a geriatric Chavez and Castro worshiping, USSR honeymooning, get rich in a corrupt congress scamming loser?

·
Listen to the ghosts
5,395 Posts
The last two election cycles I have been getting a lot of spam texts from political campaigns. Three different mayoral candidates in the last election and both Ted Cruz and Robert Francis O'Roarke in the previous one. I don't know how any of those bastards got my number and it ****es me off.

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
15,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It has just been a lot of calls the last 5 years, texts and calls.

I can always tell if it is a scam because I have a somewhat unpronouncable last name. If someone calls and can't pronounce it I know it is a scam, generally.

As I said I have the insurance company and contractors calling so I have to pick up.

Some butthead called right after I made this post. Couldn't pronounce my last name. I said "I just did a post about this, what are you trying to sell me?"

"Oh, you got me". Wouldn't say who he was calling for. Had a MAJOR attitude.

Asked if I was (husband's first full name) wife. I said yes, and then I said "You don't even know my name why should I talk to you?" and hung up.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts