Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone 29 yo male. I'm not only relatively new to Vegas but also a new prepper. I moved to Vegas in January and so far I'm not really impressed. Neighbors barely speak to anyone you'll be lucky to get a hello. So if SHTF, there is no "community". Everyone is seemingly for themselves and strangers are always trying to get a dollar out of you. So I figured I would take the time to try and find some good like-minded individuals. Perhaps forming a network so if things go bad we can all help each other out.

I'm a pretty generous guy always have been but if SHTF that would have to change and I would only help those in my group other than family or friends. And like I mentioned earlier I'm pretty new. Still have a lot to learn about prepping and surviving. And I'm also hearing about a potential water shortage here in Vegas coming soon is there any truth to that? Would love to hear from you guys thanks.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey New,

I totally understand what you mean about the people around here. Luckily the street I live on, most of the people I converse with, are outstanding neighbors.

Do you have family here or did a job bring you out this way?

Hope all is well.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Yes I have bin looking at different sights to see if Las vagas prepers ever get together.
I would like something informal. I have come to take preping vary important. I find it odd that none of my neighbors or my family think it important. Well I do!!

·
Registered
945 Posts
I have lived in my home in Henderson NV. for about 4 years. I came from CA. I live in a over 55YO area. If the SHTF, I think a lot of the people around hear would die. But I must say they are nice people. Also I think that a lot of them are so use to government care that I don't think they could do what it would take to survive in bad times. I have come to except that if bad times come I will see them die. I can not feed them all and I don't know any that prep.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Seems all the hills and canyons around the Vegas valley already have bums living in them full time. Stories of shots fired at joggers in Koda Crome hills. Safety in numbers is the goal of this thread right? Is there anyone that would like to don a heavy bug out bag , and climb Mc Dowell Mt or Rail Road Pass? Compare gear , eat trail food and compare ideas along the way.

I put stock in staying fit , even though I'm well past my youth. Survival in hard time dictate hard and tough people, as well as prepared.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am a prepper and new to Vegas also. Anyone interested to meet or know of a meetup please PM me.

Before NV, I lived in California all of my life and been prepping for about 10 years now.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I am a prepper and new to Vegas also. Anyone interested to meet or know of a meetup please PM me.

Before NV, I lived in California all of my life and been prepping for about 10 years now.
There are two listed on Meetup.com, Las Vegas Preppers (https://www.meetup.com/LasVegasPreppers/) and Nye County Preppers (https://www.meetup.com/NyeCoPreppers/). I haven't found either. Also, there's a outdoor/survival store on the right just as you're getting into Pahrump. The couple that runs it are starting a group. There are several

Welcome to the desert.
Kate

·
Registered
47 Posts
So its been awhile this threads seen any attention.. I think its important for a roll call and possible collaboration. I fear the next few weeks are going to get bumpy.

S/W vegas

·
Registered
47 Posts
lv preppers are still active.
Well, either they're EXTREMELY busy or rather geriatric in communication. You're the first comment since my last post 5 months ago and prior to that was just over a year....

Safety in numbers should not be LV preppers moto or call sign.. just saying.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Actually, in retrospect.. LV is highly poor in communication efforts. Maybe because few stay here long? Trust issues? Tweekers or alcoholics? Seems more have vices that keep them here and others move on.. correct me if I may be wrong.

I have a litany of usable skill sets, motivated, high IQ, problem solver knowing just enough about anything and everything to either get myself into trouble or out of it with as less drama as possible. I see rare to no activity, not even on the above mentioned meet up pages..

EDIT: I find it amazing also that people also claiming to look for outreach or contact go out of their way to make themselves unreachable through PM or Email.. whats the point?

·
patriot to american
291 Posts
I am not very good with words but don't give up .It is very hard to get to know someone and trust them. It took me 6 years to find a group that I could trust now we are family.
send me a email and we can talk.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I am not very good with words but don't give up .It is very hard to get to know someone and trust them. It took me 6 years to find a group that I could trust now we are family.
send me a email and we can talk.
Found you (inadvertently actually), it was good meeting you and hearing what you had to offer.. Thanks, will be back for the next one.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts