Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past week Academy sports + outdoors all of a sudden got cases of Monarch 7.62X39 in stock. This has not happened in over 2 years.

For the past 2 years Monarch ammo has been hard to come by. When the supplies started to dry up, Monarch was 2.29 a box for 20 rounds. From there, the prices went up to around 4.89 - 4.99 a box. And that was "if" you could find it. But all of a sudden, Academy sports + outdoors gets cases in stock and its reduced? And not just "reduced" its almost 1/2 the current price.

However, the Monarch 223 is still $5.29 a box.

So, I wonder why Academy Sports + Outdoors is dumping ammunition for the AK-47 and SKS?

·
Registered
559 Posts
They may have a new manager incharge of ordering ammo and he decided to place an order for that particular brand.

My local Wal-Wart starting getting all sorts of calibers in stock for that very reason the employee in the sporting goods department told me that they had a new manager transfered to that store and he was now ordering calibers which that store never previously stocked.
They also had Winchester 3.5" turkey loads for .75 cents per ten round box which is a ridicuously low price for that ammo which no other store could match. I guess ammo is bought in bulk a huge savings can be passed on.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
YOu may find some big box stores getting out of ammo and guns after the election due to fears of getting caught with inventory they have to eat. I was told the prices would go on for at least another month. Hope so. I plan to buy some more for my cache.

·
Registered
571 Posts
They may have a new manager incharge of ordering ammo and he decided to place an order for that particular brand.

My local Wal-Wart starting getting all sorts of calibers in stock for that very reason the employee in the sporting goods department told me that they had a new manager transfered to that store and he was now ordering calibers which that store never previously stocked.
They also had Winchester 3.5" turkey loads for .75 cents per ten round box which is a ridicuously low price for that ammo which no other store could match. I guess ammo is bought in bulk a huge savings can be passed on.
Thats just crazy. I would have bought every round they had, at least to the very best of my ability.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
8,248 Posts
YOu may find some big box stores getting out of ammo and guns after the election due to fears of getting caught with inventory they have to eat. I was told the prices would go on for at least another month. Hope so. I plan to buy some more for my cache.
Hell Larry,

That would be one "Blue Light Special" if would blow a paycheck on. Maybe they will do like the fireworks stand--- Buy one get four free!!!

·
Scarred for life...
3,295 Posts
I think with major operations ending in Iraq we are possibly going to see more deals like this coming?

That is if Obama doesnt ban it all.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Sold out in mobile

Went to Academy yesterday (Nov. 1), first shance I had...asked for it, the counterman said someone had come Thursday & bought 1000 BOXES of it...it was all gone & they wouldn't be getting any more....

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
with my paycheck- 500 rounds was about all I could afford. 2k is okay for a single weapon I think

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Went to Academy yesterday (Nov. 1), first shance I had...asked for it, the counterman said someone had come Thursday & bought 1000 BOXES of it...it was all gone & they wouldn't be getting any more....
One person bought 1,000 boxes at $2.99 a box? Must be nice.

I grabbed 300 rounds, while the store had the supplies in stock. Its been well over 2 years since I have seen this much Monarch ammo at Academy. Usually its been one, two or three boxes on the shelf - this time they had cases in stock and were keeping the shelf full.

If, in the next couple of weeks Monarch .223 at Academy Sports + Outdoors goes on sale - that will be a bigger sign that something is up. Or rather, something is going to be going down.

·
I'm the boogey man.......
6,686 Posts
sniffle, sniffle, I called today, sniffle, I was going to go get another 3 cases, sniffle, but the sale is ....sniffle, OVER!!!!!!!

(yea I know, It sucks big time)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts