Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the United States Government keep their eyes on ex-service members that had received classified material while on active duty? Or does the civilian life have an effect on ex-service members making them more paranoid of newcomers to the neighborhood. Is it common for people to move into the neighborhood and gaze at your residence on a day to day basis? I wouldn’t see the point in keeping a watch on those that have that level of clearance because there would be too many people to keep an eye on. On the other hand, to watch those for a few weeks to see if they adjust to civilian life would then be a caring act. I don’t see the government as being caring to that degree however.

·
Eyes Wide Open!
1,175 Posts
Does the United States Government keep their eyes on ex-service members that had received classified material while on active duty? Or does the civilian life have an effect on ex-service members making them more paranoid of newcomers to the neighborhood. Is it common for people to move into the neighborhood and gaze at your residence on a day to day basis? I wouldn’t see the point in keeping a watch on those that have that level of clearance because there would be too many people to keep an eye on. On the other hand, to watch those for a few weeks to see if they adjust to civilian life would then be a caring act. I don’t see the government as being caring to that degree however.
I think I'm missing something here? Did I miss a point?

You sound kind of paranoid to me!:confused:

·
Vote 3rd party!
900 Posts
I'm ex-army and I had privy to confidential info. I don't believe I was being watched back then or now, nor am I paranoid.

Not sure where this post is supposed to lead.

By the way, you're not government, are you :)

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
you'd be surprised the number of people that have held secret and above security clearance. I had it when doing contract work for Raytheon

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wanted some feedback

I think I'm missing something here? Did I miss a point?

You sound kind of paranoid to me!:confused:
I wanted to hear feedback on this issue from different sources. Just like everyone else who posts on the forums.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Get real, they would need a lot of people to check on all the ex military that held a clearance. There are millions of us. I had a Crypto Top Secret for most of my 24 1/2 years of service and the only thing it did to me, after I retired, was allow me to get a civilian top secret clearance, without a hassel, to fill my first new job requirements.

·
Banned
4,937 Posts
Yes, they are watching you.
Your home is wired for sound
Everytime you turn on your TV they can see you.
All your cell-phone and telephone conversations are monitored.

You are a threat.
They/them are keeping an eye on you just in case.

T

·
Scarred for life...
3,295 Posts
My aunt held a clearance back in the 1970's.

She was in the Air Force.

She was assigned to NORAD and had to go to locations all over the US and Canada.

Whenever anything came through the atmosphere her unit had to investigate it.

She loved to talk however and told me some pretty weird stories.

She said 99.99% of her job was cataloging American or Soviet satellite fragments that fell back to Earth, or meteorites. She said the majority of these items were natural.

When I asked her what the 0.01% that wasn't natural or man made was she just smiled.

She is pretty forthcoming about what she did so I doubt they are trying to keep track of her....

·
Registered
635 Posts
I have no doubt we are still being watched. DH was in Army Intellegence right before he retired-I'm talking top secret crap that he couldn't tell me about. I have noticed cars tailing me and sometimes someone sitting outside in a car for no reason in the cul de sac. He was in Iraq in 03 and twice I had plain clothes types come and want to "interview" me. He spent 21 years in and they didn't really want him to leave but he was sick of the military and wanted out so he could run his own business. I think they are still keeping a close "eye" on us, because of his background and possibly because they know I visit sites like this one and others. I believe they have been tracking everything we do for awhile. The only problem is before the administration was Repubs, which we are. I wonder what they will do now that the other side is in power. I believe we will see more of a "police state" now that Barack is in power than we ever did under GWB. I think if it came down to brass tacks and they needed him, they'd just come get him some night and that would be it. Maybe I'm paranoid but it's what I think......

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I agree with you even though it would have to be selective surveillance because of the sheer number of top secret clearances people have obtained. However the strange events that take place and like you say “someone sitting outside in a car”. Just makes me get eerie feelings. Nice post I am glad to get all the views people have on this subject.

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,678 Posts
someone would have to watch the ones that are watching the ones watching those watching us.

·
Green Eggs and Spam
5,070 Posts
Does the United States Government keep their eyes on ex-service members that had received classified material while on active duty?
I highly doubt it.

Those that know, don't tell. PERIOD. Until beyond their abilities to resist under torture.

Lets be realistic. The longer a person doesn't need information, the more likely they are to forget it. A person may simply just age and forget. Newer technologies replace older ones. If you leave or retire, unless it immedieate with newer tech, then the old stuff will become unclassified at some point in time. Even if the information was told, it would likely not matter.

The whole point of having a clearance is to determine that you are individual with moral character and integrity such that you will not reveal any information, even unclassified, to those without a need to know.

·
Time to hit reset
25,656 Posts
someone would have to watch the ones that are watching the ones watching those watching us.
Ok now....my head hurts....lol.

I agree, we've all had several different jobs in the military, some requiring clearences some not. Just think of that many civilians that have had and do have secuirty clearences, would be hard to keep track of eveyone...just my thoughts:)

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,678 Posts
Ok now....my head hurts....lol.

I agree, we've all had several different jobs in the military, some requiring clearences some not. Just think of that many civilians that have had and do have secuirty clearences, would be hard to keep track of eveyone...just my thoughts:)
where I work everyone is a vet. most had secrete clearances or above. Maybe just maybe there is some way they are watching all 75+ of us with the use of just one person. But then who is watching that person watch us. Of course we are not all there at one time so it would take at least 4 of them. Then they ( the 4 watchers) have to be watched don't they ?

·
Proud "Neo-Confederate"
2,124 Posts
I wouldnt be surprised if some were being watched but i would have to say it would be a select few who have the highest clearances and very recent data that could be used against the country ( Gov't).

1 - 20 of 27 Posts