Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a magpul compact buttstock. I am putting this on a Colt with a 20 inch barrel do I need to change the buffer tube or use the one that came in my rifle
Question #2
What is the name of the part that goes between the buffer tube nut and the lower? It holds the spring and retainer pin for the rear push pin. Thanks

·
11B20 - Status Inactive
5,036 Posts
Just got a magpul compact buttstock. I am putting this on a Colt with a 20 inch barrel do I need to change the buffer tube or use the one that came in my rifle
Question #2
What is the name of the part that goes between the buffer tube nut and the lower? It holds the spring and retainer pin for the rear push pin. Thanks
What type of stock did you originally have on the rifle?

May have to change the buffer and spring, they are weighted differently and are of different lengths for A2 style stocks versus M4 style stocks. Having the wrong buffer can turn your rifle into a very nice looking single-shot.

Not sure what part you are talking about. I don;t have anything in between my buffer tube and my lower.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The buttstock that I am replacing is an A2. I am switching to a Magpul.
The other part is a receiver extention buffer tube end plate. A mouthfull of words for an egg shaped washer. Midway USA has them for $3.15

·
11B20 - Status Inactive
5,036 Posts
The buttstock that I am replacing is an A2. I am switching to a Magpul.
The other part is a receiver extention buffer tube end plate. A mouthfull of words for an egg shaped washer. Midway USA has them for $3.15
If you are sticking an A2 spring and buffer in a m4 length stock, which I am assuming the Magpul is, you will have short stroking issues (unless I have that the other way around lol). The A2 buffer is much longer and the spring is not as resistant as the m4 length spring.

I know what part you are talking about now, it is for the m4 style stocks since they don't cover the hole and keep the rear take-down pin spring and detent from falling out. I don't have that as I use an A2 stock and they are not needed for those.

·
Space Cadet
656 Posts
Does Magpul sell a companion receiver extension, buffer and spring? That way you wouldn't have to worry about getting a commercial style extension and finding that a milspec stock won't fit on it.

·
Opinionated old fart.
8,046 Posts
The buffer, buffer tube, buffer spring, and buffer tube extension are different from an A2 fixed stock and a telestock. It would be simpler if you jsut order the telestock and buffer system as a unit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts