Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
operatorchan.org
2,798 Posts
Like what? I have done 10 builds with their parts and have not had a single issue.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Aside from customer service related issues and shipping times (on occasion), there have been reports of out of spec BCGs (specifically cam pin holes), out of spec barrel nuts, undersized gas ports... you get the idea. They are "just good enough" tier for sure. Like I said I do own some, but their not my first choice. That would be Aero Precision.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Aside from customer service related issues and shipping times (on occasion), there have been reports of out of spec BCGs (specifically cam pin holes), out of spec barrel nuts, undersized gas ports... you get the idea. They are "just good enough" tier for sure. Like I said I do own some, but their not my first choice. That would be Aero Precision.
Every single day at AR15.com (where PSA has their own section) guys start threads and many times they post really good pictures of the garbage they have received from PSA.

Granted they usually fix / replace whatever until the customer is happy but a guy still has to wonder how they let a lot of that garbage out the door in the first place.

Got this picture from a current thread there:

This is the thread: https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/D...-20-Musket-and-its-not-going-well/118-747620/

That BCG was the 'replacement' that they sent the guy for the first one he received that was jacked up. They swapped out the offending parts no problem - with that... :eek:

Aside of the big ding in the gas key, what the heck did they cut that cam pin hole with? Carrier appears chrome lined but the gas key is definitely not.

Something else you will notice if you visit that particular site and regularly watch the PSA run / moderated section they have in the industry forum there: Many of the threads (not all) in the PSA run section that really make them look bad (as in lots of pictures of their garbage) go 'poof' once the problem is resolved and the customer is satisfied. Threads in the general discussion area that PSA does NOT moderate stay forever.

PSA is a paying sponsor there and in their section (that they pay for) they can delete anything they wish. In the other sections of the site negative reviews tend to stay if supported with evidence like pictures...

·
Paramedic and ΜΟΛΩΝ &#923
3,053 Posts
Some of this I didn't know.

I've never had an issue with PSA and the price is usually spot on. Anything I do or that goes bad, I usually fix on my own though.

·
Banned
4,841 Posts
`

I've got at least a 1/2 dozen PSA BCG's with no issue & a few complete uppers have all been aces. LPK's have been no problem either. If you sell 1K guns a month & have 1% F-ups you have 10 unhappy customers. If you sell 20K guns a month with the same % of F-ups you have 200 unhappy customers. So it might look like they have a lot more screw ups & total numbers wise they do, but they also have way more shipping that are fine. Of course we all know colt & DD have never sent out a bad gun or part :rolleyes: that's why you pay triple the price. Then again, colt won't even sell you one if you're a civilian, so there's that. :xeye:

·
Shade Tree Gynecologist
3,686 Posts
`

I've got at least a 1/2 dozen PSA BCG's with no issue & a few complete uppers have all been aces. LPK's have been no problem either. If you sell 1K guns a month & have 1% F-ups you have 10 unhappy customers. If you sell 20K guns a month with the same % of F-ups you have 200 unhappy customers. So it might look like they have a lot more screw ups & total numbers wise they do, but they also have way more shipping that are fine. Of course we all know colt & DD have never sent out a bad gun or part :rolleyes: that's why you pay triple the price. Then again, colt won't even sell you one if you're a civilian, so there's that. :xeye:

id just like you know who has had 1st hand issues with PSA

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Well, I read about a guy on the internet, who knew another guy on the internet...
The same could be said about your comments.

'I know a guy on the internet that claims PSA is GTG...'

Personally, with so many reputable vendors as of late putting out great products at reasonable prices - PSA is not on my shopping list for anything that THEY manufacture. Since the sales tax stuff with them - pretty much chalked them off entirely.

The last (and only) complete upper I bought from them came with jacked up anodizing inside the upper (like it did not 'take' in some places?), the bolt carrier had several slight dings on the rails that I corrected and the hand guards were garbage. The FN barrel was nice but the PSA stuff it was attached to left a lot to be desired.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I just purchased a psa chf upper and its absolutely perfect. It was around $500+tax shipped w/ a toolcraft bcg which with a lower puts you in the $750 range for a completed gun, maybe a little less if you build out the lower yourself. Not exactly cheap but the fn barrels have an excellent track record of accuracy and reliability.

I also have a psa gen 2 ar10 that I picked up a couple years ago. Not the fanciest gun in the world but a very good shooter.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts