Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a ar 15 platform lower with a 762x39 upper . So I'm assuming I need ak mags right? Cause what else will take a 762x39 ? So i buy a 40 rd promag and it wont even enter the Magwell? I'm losing mind. Why doesn't it fit will it also shoot 300 blackout ? What mag do I use ?
1603696786441854251067850881937.jpg
16036968558114706882755656885547.jpg
1603696786441854251067850881937.jpg
16036968558114706882755656885547.jpg

·
Registered
6,857 Posts
Are you sure it doesn't take the type of mags below?

From what I could gather the below are the best mags, 30rd mags in stock

20rd mags in stock

I don't own any A/R's, only AK's

·
Registered
60 Posts
AR's will not take an AK magazine
See:

·
Registered
60 Posts
I put up JSE's site so you can see there are 5,10,20,28 and 30 round magazines for a AR762x39. I have not seen a 40rd AR762x39. Looks like 5 & 10rds only thing left in stock.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Same thing with Gunmagwarehouse

Your are going to find it very hard to find any large round AR762x39 magazines now.

·
Registered
705 Posts
AR's will not take a n AK magazine
See:
They dont?

PSA ks47

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
705 Posts
The c products mags worked flawlessly for me the last time I had an ar in 7.62x39. I preferred the 20 rounders as they didnt stick out as far.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Ok, You have an AR762x39 not an AR47. PSA makes a KS-47 that will use AK mags.

PSA is the only one that I know of that is making this type of platform and they call it an KS-47 so people do not confuse it with an AR in 7.62x39 caliber, like you have. Stay at it you will learn. Once you get that AR up and running you will like the AR762x39. There were some problems with that caliber to start with but those problems have been fixed.

Looks like CMMG may be making an AR platform that uses AK mags also now.

·
Registered
705 Posts

PSA is the only one that I know of that is making this type of platform and they call it an KS-47 so people do not confuse it with an AR in 7.62x39 caliber, like you have. Stay at it you will learn. Once you get that AR up and running you will like the AR762x39. There were some problems with that caliber to start with but those problems have been fixed.

I bought for my first ar a midway ar stoner upper in 7.62x39 it was a quality piece and worked flawlessly. I paired it with a cheap 39.00 anderson lower and c product defense mags. The gen 2 ones. Never an issue of any kind and zero malfunctions.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
We need to know the actual brand and model we’re dealing with on the rifle. From the cut-out for the tab near the triggerguard, it looks like it should take an AK mag... but without knowing the particulars of the rifle that’s just a guess.

Moving forward, try a steel combloc mag (Bulgarian, East German, Hungarian, etc.) Polymer mags are tight in some mag wells. Try a vintage steel commie mag.

·
Registered
60 Posts
We need to know the actual brand and model we’re dealing with on the rifle. From the cut-out for the tab near the triggerguard, it looks like it should take an AK mag... but without knowing the particulars of the rifle that’s just a guess.

Moving forward, try a steel combloc mag (Bulgarian, East German, Hungarian, etc.) Polymer mags are tight in some mag wells. Try a vintage steel commie mag.
I am going to try to keep this simple.

Goon, look at the pictures that tnxdshooter put up of his KS-47 style rifle. See the lever right in front of the trigger housing. Do you know what that lever does? Do you see that lever on the OP's picture? Do you see the long narrow channel in front of the trigger housing, which is running down the back of the magwell. The AR15 magazine has the same corresponding channel on the magazines backs edge, which fits into that grove, AK's do not.

Do you still think that it could be for an AK style magazine?

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
I am going to try to keep this simple.

Goon, look at the pictures that tnxdshooter put up of his KS-47 style rifle. See the lever right in front of the trigger housing. Do you know what that lever does? Do you see that lever on the OP's picture? Do you see the long narrow channel in front of the trigger housing, which is running down the back of the magwell. The AR15 magazine has the same corresponding channel on the magazines backs edge, which fits into that grove, AK's do not.

Do you still think that it could be for an AK style magazine?
I’m not well-schooled on all the AR 7.62x39 hybrids in circulation. A better description of the rifle will get us to the conclusion with minimal guesswork.

It would also help us determine if the OP’s rifle is a .300 Blackout or a 7.62x39 (he asked about that in his first post too). The two rounds aren’t interchangeable.

·
Registered
705 Posts
The op's rifle is definitely not a hybrid. The ks47 has an ak style mag release in front of the trigger guard. That's the release you see in front of the trigger guard. The ops rifle fits regular style ar mags.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
It does look to have a standard AR style mag release and BHO visible in the photo. I’d still like to be certain that I’m not sending the guy down another wrong path though - before he tries to track down mags during a civil unrest/election buying panic.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have a ar 15 platform lower with a 762x39 upper . So I'm assuming I need ak mags right? Cause what else will take a 762x39 ? So i buy a 40 rd promag and it wont even enter the Magwell? I'm losing mind. Why doesn't it fit will it also shoot 300 blackout ? What mag do I use ?
I’m not well-schooled on all the AR 7.62x39 hybrids in circulation. A better description of the rifle will get us to the conclusion with minimal guesswork.

It would also help us determine if the OP’s rifle is a .300 Blackout or a 7.62x39 (he asked about that in his first post too). The two rounds aren’t interchangeable.
There are three questions here. There should be a coma after the word (fit)

1. Why doesn't it fit?

2. Will it also shoot 300 blackout?

3. What mag do I use?

Dreday7880 answers:

1. You have a Ar762x39 not a AK style.

2. No, AAC 300 Blackout has a parent cartage of 5.56. Barrel, bolt and magazines are different.

3. Use CPD 762x39 magazines

Goon you are the only one guessing here. Five, six plus years ago, I went through the meat grinder with a good friends, AR762x39. It FTF, FTE Jammed, did not work! It worked about 10% of the time. He told me that he did not want to see it again if it didn't work, but I did keep him in the loop and we got it fixed.

I knew who the big fish were in the AR762x39 pond and I got in contact with them for help. They were working out all these problems with the AR762x39 at the time that my friend and I were having them. It was those guys that showed me how to fix all the problems, but I did learn a lot and I am trying to pass on some help to get Dreday7880 up and going.

We recut the M4 feed ramps so they worked with the 762x39, which fixed some of the problems. We used a extended firing pin, which fixed some of the problems. We used Wolf heavy hammer spring, which fixed some of the problems. I did know Larry at LCJ Wholesalestore and he was my in to CPD. He got us changed from 556 mags over to CPD 762x39 magazines and that was the last hole to fill. That rifle is fixed; it will run everyday, any day, all day with Tula, Wolf, Red Army, everyones ammo.

Therefore, I am well schooled on the AR 7.62x39. In addition, there is a follow up AR762x39 story to this but it been a long day

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
There are three questions here. There should be a coma after the word (fit)

1. Why doesn't it fit?

2. Will it also shoot 300 blackout?

3. What mag do I use?

Dreday7880 answers:

1. You have a Ar762x39 not a AK style.

2. No, AAC 300 Blackout has a parent cartage of 5.56. Barrel, bolt and magazines are different.

3. Use CPD 762x39 magazines

Goon you are the only one guessing here. Five, six plus years ago, I went through the meat grinder with a good friends, AR762x39. It FTF, FTE Jammed, did not work! It worked about 10% of the time. He told me that he did not want to see it again if it didn't work, but I did keep him in the loop and we got it fixed.

I knew who the big fish were in the AR762x39 pond and I got in contact with them for help. They were working out all these problems with the AR762x39 at the time that my friend and I were having them. It was those guys that showed me how to fix all the problems, but I did learn a lot and I am trying to pass on some help to get Dreday7880 up and going.

We recut the M4 feed ramps so they worked with the 762x39, which fixed some of the problems. We used a extended firing pin, which fixed some of the problems. We used Wolf heavy hammer spring, which fixed some of the problems. I did know Larry at LCJ Wholesalestore and he was my in to CPD. He got us changed from 556 mags over to CPD 762x39 magazines and that was the last hole to fill. That rifle is fixed; it will run everyday, any day, all day with Tula, Wolf, Red Army, everyones ammo.

Therefore, I am well schooled on the AR 7.62x39. In addition, there is a follow up AR762x39 story to this but it been a long day
In that case, the OP might be able to use a lot more of your advice before too long.

·
Registered
60 Posts
In that case, the OP might be able to use a lot more of your advice before too long.
I will be happy to help him with any info that I can to get him up and running. These AR762x39 onces they are set up and running are a blast. I'm talking about before the problems that we are having in the country now. 762x39 was $179-$210 forTula 121-122gr per 1K rounds. That is a great range toy. 1-2 moa at 100yds They will do that.

·
Semper Fi
8,651 Posts

CMMG came out with their Mutant Mk47 rifle before PSA did the KS47..

·
Registered
60 Posts
CMMG came out with their Mutant Mk47 rifle before PSA did the KS47..
I was not aware, PSA was the only one that I knew about. I was watching PSA back when they made the AR762x39 and then they came out with the KS-47. They ran with both for sometime. I wanted a AR762x39 but they made less and less of them and then quit the AR all together. I missed out. I had to go somewhere else. I have not followed CMMG very close.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts