Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Pilot
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought an AR-15 (had to go to three different shops, got the last one too! No AK's in sight and not looking good so I guess the AK v AR argument has been decided for me by the election results.....I digress..) and wanted to know some opinions on good 30rd mags to stock way up on. I have seen some great reviews of the Magpul PMAG around and am not opposed to plastic. Have heard great things about the HK mags but they seem too expensive. Any input welcome, thanks!!

·
Registered
937 Posts
Im using new and used USGI mags these are 30 rounders. I guess metal mags not plastic ones. I need to put in a call to the shop in town that sells used M16 (same thing but these are straight from the military) mags and get a price for a friend that is in need of some. If you like for me to check also for you I can let you know. This guy will cut a deal if I buy a grouping at one time. I bought four for under 10 bucks awhile back these he gave me a break and they where really right at 9 bucks. These are good used mags.

If you can find them localy try AIMs and also 44mag.com some good prices and they are getting harder and harder to find at a deal.

·
Banned
630 Posts
Magpuls are nice magazines and I have 12 of them and 100 U.S. GI mags, but I don't know and I have doubts about them holding up for any period of time. I decided to try the CProducts stainless mags in both 20 and 30 round......Gentlemen, these are the way to go, they won't get easily dented like the aluminum and they are top quality as far as finish and function.....
In a long term survival situation anything fragile or prone to damage should not be considered.....

·
I'll fix it
2,548 Posts
P-Mags are the magazines of choice now. Just try to find some.
If you find any, act immediately. If you snooze... you loose.

·
high on truck stop coffee
17,695 Posts
Mags

Dealers at gun shows were selling Israeli Army issue 30 rd. black polymer mags.Indestruto..I bought about 10 of 'em two years ago,after many shooting seesions,they work every bit as well as Colt aluminum mags.

·
Registered
34,722 Posts
Look on U tube for the video of the P mag being drove over and still working.

Also the Tactical response video of it working after getting a round through it (I was there for that one.)

P mag...

·
Scarred for life...
3,295 Posts
I bought 3 used and 6 new HK magazines for the M4.

They cost an arm and a leg but man they are the best magazines you can get. Theyre a tad heavier than aluminum mags but everythign about them says quality.

·
Registered
609 Posts
USGI and P-Mags... Only issues; cost and availiability. Get them while you can!

·
Banned
630 Posts
Have any of you boys tried the Cproducts stainless mags? I have purchased 20 and havent had any issues......Talk to me......

·
Forever Vigilant
2,260 Posts
P-Mags, Hands down! Damn things are almost indestructible. You can still get them for less than $15, you will just have to wait until the back orders come in. 4-16 weeks depending on the source. C-Products stainless is the second choice.

·
I'm the boogey man.......
6,686 Posts
I can get USGI 30 rd mags if anyone is interested...

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,678 Posts

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Just bought an AR-15 (had to go to three different shops, got the last one too! No AK's in sight and not looking good so I guess the AK v AR argument has been decided for me by the election results.....I digress..) and wanted to know some opinions on good 30rd mags to stock way up on. I have seen some great reviews of the Magpul PMAG around and am not opposed to plastic. Have heard great things about the HK mags but they seem too expensive. Any input welcome, thanks!!
check out this site www.cdnnsports.com high quality merchandise great service and specials on shipping on internet orders placed on weekends
I deal with them regularly

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
All my sources for mags are showing OUT OF STOCK on mostly all 30 rounders. 20 rounders can be had and some of the more expensive 30's. I should have bought stock in Magpul :).

·
I'm the boogey man.......
6,686 Posts
Lemmie check, I know a local guy whose sitting on a couple hundred of them.

·
Registered
937 Posts
If Kahn's guy dosnt have them I can check on used Military mags these will vary in name's but work great. I have a few of them and the springs in them are like new. I can take pics of the one's i've bought to give an idea. The mags are getting harder to get and this guy is not price gouging as of yet.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts