Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a chance to buy a whole slew of various used magazines. Some are marked Colt, some are other mfg. Some of all of them have law enforcement/military/export only in various wording. All are real cheap so its not a question of should I buy but rather do any AR clips (30rd) have interest as collector pieces? Thanks

·
Registered
952 Posts
Maybe some of the old vietnam stuff? The rare ones that were small runs or test products. Mag collectors are something I see alot more of among heavy AK owners; different manufacturers, colors, materials, designs, etc.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Short answer is no, if they are marked "for LE or govt use only" there is not a market for these as collector mags. If they are cheap and you have an AR, buy them. With mag prices currently down, you will have a hard time finding someone to pay you $10 for a used Colt mag wit LEO markings, when they can find new PMAGs for $8.

·
Those were the days....
4,542 Posts
You never know, they could be the next Pokémon.

Anybody wanna trade a "Okay Products" for a "Center Industries" lol

·
Knowledge is Power
4,557 Posts
I have a few old colt 20 rounders that are worth 20-30 to a serious collector who wants a true retro rifle.. these mags were part of the initial issue to the airforce and were issued in the 60's. Other than the very first mags there are not any with any real collector value.

·
Errrrr
5,680 Posts
I have a few old colt 20 rounders that are worth 20-30 to a serious collector who wants a true retro rifle.. these mags were part of the initial issue to the airforce and were issued in the 60's. Other than the very first mags there are not any with any real collector value.
And black followers suck.

·
Knowledge is Power
4,557 Posts
Wow, you jumped in the way back machine!

Where did you score those?
Back after Sandy Hook I was looking for 20 round mags. I had some brand new 30 rounders to trade. One of the guys at the range said that "I have some old 20's that someone left and never came back for" they had been painted black with something like latex paint.

I took them home and stripped the paint off planning on having to rebuild them. I was pleasantly suprised to find that they had the metal followers and were actually pretty rare.

I found out about the rarety after I had been shooting them for about a year with no issues. They are retired now.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
got a few of those

1 - 17 of 17 Posts