Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some may recall that prior to the VP debate between Biden and Palin, Skifast challenged me to a wager as to the outcome. If Palin won according to the agreed upon Zogby poll, I would send Skifast a bottle of his alcoholic beverage of choice. If Biden won, Skifast would send my choice to me.

Biden won the debate and I awaited delivery. After several weeks, I began to suspect Skifast had no intention of honoring his bet. This lead me to post a thread I entitled “Honor among Friends” wherein I flamed Skifast for being without honor and not being a man of his word. I also promised to post a public apology if Skifast proved to honor his bet.

Today, about 30 minutes ago, I received in the mail a letter from Skifast and $25.00 cash asking that for convenience I buy my own bottle. Therefore, this is my apology. Skifast, I heartily and truly apologize for impuning your honor. You are a man of your word and I regret jumping to an improper conclusion. It is a great day when one realizes that, even in today’s society, there are still people that believe a person’s word is their bond. Again, I apologize for doubting you.

As a prepper, it is inherent in our nature to plan for the worse and hope for the best. Yet, many of us fail to recognize that our survival will ultimately take more than “bullets, beans and bandaids.” Those lucky few that crawl from the rubble will be the ones charged with giving a rebirth to civilization.

I may disagree with some on this board in regards to certain political beliefs or plans or preparations, and I certainly think that there are folks on this board that go to the extreme in their beliefs and perhaps even hope for the coming demise. But, on the whole I believe that the people on this board are good, dependable and forthright. Men and women that post here truly want to see this country survive and thrive. While we may disagree on the course it will take to accomplish that goal, no one should doubt that the goal is the same and sincere for us all.

Skifast, when the SHTF remember that you have a friend in Mississippi. If the need arises and the situation allows, you will always have a place at my fire.

TP

·
Registered
127 Posts
here, here, truthpick and skifast, i congratulate the both of you. and thanks for posting this for us to see. it reaffirms my faith in us.

·
CHEERS :p
1,946 Posts
good job on both sides.....one thing that can be taken from a man is his word....One thing that cant be given to a man is his pride...

·
Watchin tha world go by
8,151 Posts
chivalry and honor live--- thanks fer tha reassurance

·
Registered
647 Posts
Good job guys, but who decided that Biden won the debate?

Tbull:cool:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts