Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, its pretty messed up how people can treat each other.

·
Hippie Rich
5,437 Posts
I couldn't actually bring myself to watching more than ten minutes of it… My heart is still to soft, plus it just made me angry.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I know I'm going to get slammed for this but.....she could have gotten away several times. While he was in jail for another offense she stayed, the police came to the door so many times and she could have hollered out or run to the door or fence, she was left alone a lot and could have worked on a way to escape. Don't get me wrong, the husband and wife should hang for what they did but in 18 years there were opportunities to get away.

·
Hippie Rich
5,437 Posts
I know I'm going to get slammed for this but.....she could have gotten away several times. While he was in jail for another offense she stayed, the police came to the door so many times and she could have hollered out or run to the door or fence, she was left alone a lot and could have worked on a way to escape. Don't get me wrong, the husband and wife should hang for what they did but in 18 years there were opportunities to get away.
Its called Stockholm syndrome, She didn't know where else to go or what to do if she had run away.

·
Registered
7,198 Posts
Not a slam.

Are you familiar with Stockholm syndrome?

You need to take into account the mental control that she was under. She was abducted at a very young age highly impressionable and horribly abused.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome

·
Registered
263 Posts
no I did not see it ,I dont watch t.v. but I did see a article about her on my homepage.It is stuff like this story that made me quit watching t.v. I'm not burying my head in the sand from the world around me 'I just got tired of all the horrible new's stories.I really hope she can get some joy and happiness from life ,an ordeal like she went through would mentally destroy most people God bless her and her children.

·
I hate everyone equally.
1,349 Posts
She was like 11 or 12 when she was brutally captured like an animal, held like an animal, and treated worse than an animal. Cut her some slack.

·
Registered
176 Posts
It makes me so sad to see and hear of all the evil in this world.
It's amazing to me that people can go through such horror in their life and be filled with so much love. We could all learn so much from different people!

·
Registered
176 Posts
You will not be slammed { well, I hope not } we don't know what it was like for her, everyone's different and handles things differently. I do understand what your saying......

·
Preppy in a good way!
101 Posts
She spoke with great composure, which was amazing. I think that scum and his wife should be skewered. All those parole officers, who did not look in the backyard, judges and the warden that let him go free ,should have to answer also!

·
Never Give up
7,579 Posts
What should of happend it to put those 2 animals to death. Threre is no reason for jail for animals like this to be alive.

·
Banned
4,766 Posts
To me, it was a reflection of had terrible mankind can treat one another.

It also showed how strong our love is.
It showed me how graceful and well poised a Woman can be after a horrific 18years. She is an Amazing Woman, and Mother. She delivered her babies by herself so young in that shed.

Everything about her is so amazing.

She is inspiring on so many levels, her story is worth knowing.

·
That's "Ma'am" to you
2,854 Posts
Although it showed how horribly one human can treat another, it also showed the positive outcome of strong parental love and upbringing. Jaycee must have had a deep, strong foundation even at such a young age to have survived as she did. Her love for her Mom was just so evident in everything she said.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts