Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get one to match a Glock 17 that I may purchase soon.

I like the idea of pistol caliber carbines especially if they match magazines with the pistol.

Anyone know if these are sturdy and can take a high round count?

·
Registered
127 Posts
yes, there is one kel-tec sub 2000 owner here.
i like mine. it's unique, and low priced. some have a hard time getting their cheek down far enough on that straight tube.
the folding option is hard to beat. check out this board.

http://www.ktrange.com/phpbb2/viewforum.php?f=6&sid=956e3818a739622e3bf8b34c86fb86b7

i just got a cobray cm-11 9mm carbine. haven't shot it yet. i also like the 9mm carbine. too bad there aren't more options.
was thinking of getting a marlin camp 9 and a bull pup stock.

·
25 Or 6 to 4
8,006 Posts
Its more far more common than folks give credit for. Some owners say they are great. Never owned one myself. The common link is owners of the rifle usually own the pistols too so they can share mags between them. Lots of folks have these in a bob to go as they are light weight and compact.

The entire package, rifle, pistol, and mags, can be had for $400 with a good chunk of ammo. This entry level price drives their sales and use.

·
25 Or 6 to 4
8,006 Posts
yes, there is one kel-tec sub 2000 owner here.
i like mine. it's unique, and low priced. some have a hard time getting their cheek down far enough on that straight tube.
the folding option is hard to beat. check out this board.

http://www.ktrange.com/phpbb2/viewforum.php?f=6&sid=956e3818a739622e3bf8b34c86fb86b7

i just got a cobray cm-11 9mm carbine. haven't shot it yet. i also like the 9mm carbine. too bad there aren't more options.
was thinking of getting a marlin camp 9 and a bull pup stock.

Check J&Gs parts guns. They have a camp9 missing the stock.

·
Registered
126 Posts
A buddy has one in 40sw. It is a good reliable shooter. Accuracy is fine at reasonable ranges for this type of weapon... 25 - 50m.

Would be a great companion to your glock. Folded, it fits in a soft sided computer case:thumb:

·
NRA Instructor-Ohio CCW
3,169 Posts
I have a Hi Point 995 9mm carbine and am very happy with it. It is ugly, but it goes bang and is accurate.

·
Registered
34,722 Posts
Had one, Worked fine so long as you use brass cased ammo in it.
(Heavy bolt like a subgun... didn't like Al etc...)

I got it as a 'chick gun' but several didn't like it...

Hung onto it for a while for the 'neatness' of it... finally sold it and bought another AK.

·
Banned
1,092 Posts
Sounds like you got a lazy gunshop employee for they find'em through distribitors stocks. Time to go to another gun shop.

Rifleman 336

·
Registered
289 Posts
own one g17 model brought for wife /1st got wouldn't shoot anything but high vel. rds --send back to factory--they fixed it [recoil spring] at no cost--since have never had a problem--maybe 1000 rds shot --light easy to shot hi cap mags -33rd should handle wide range of issues

1 - 14 of 14 Posts