Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Ya'll,

I'm new here, but I make my living as a stock trader. I know a lot about finance, and since we're going through some hard times, I thought that maybe some of you would have questions about what to do with your money. I know a lot about stocks and banking. I have a couple degrees on the subject and a lot of experience.

I've made a lot of money on the stockmarket, and even thou Wall Street is in a state of constant flux back and fourth, I'm still doing all right.

The reason that I'm doing this is that I think that it is important to help everyone who needs it because it will strengthen the person who needs help, and the economy at the same time. With this recession, a lot of people need help.

If you don't want to talk about it in the open, you can PM me, and I won't tell anyone what we talk about.

So if you got questions, ask away.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Hey Ya'll,

I'm new here, but I make my living as a stock trader. I know a lot about finance, and since we're going through some hard times, I thought that maybe some of you would have questions about what to do with your money. I know a lot about stocks and banking. I have a couple degrees on the subject and a lot of experience.

I've made a lot of money on the stockmarket, and even thou Wall Street is in a state of constant flux back and fourth, I'm still doing all right.

The reason that I'm doing this is that I think that it is important to help everyone who needs it because it will strengthen the person who needs help, and the economy at the same time. With this recession, a lot of people need help.

If you don't want to talk about it in the open, you can PM me, and I won't tell anyone what we talk about.

So if you got questions, ask away.
Smells like BS!!!

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Smells like BS!!!
Smells like you don't know me. If you think everyone is out for their own good, then there's no way you would understand me liking or wanting to help people.

Here's a question, do you know the difference between a Unitised insurance fund and a unit investment trust?

If you were opening a bank account today, what bank would you go to?
With the credit crisis as it is, were would you go to get a loan?

Do you even know what is causing this economic crisis?

If you were opening a bank account today, would you put your money in to a certificate of deposit, or would you stick it in to a high yield savings account?

What's the difference between a 401K and a 403B?

·
Healer
918 Posts
I wouldn't go to Citibank that's for sure. I have heard horrible things about them - not to mention that I also heard that Obama forced Citibank to make some very bad loans. I wouldn't go to BOA either.

Ad for the financial crisis - it is a Viper's den of things. Paulson, Bernanke, Frank, weakend lending rules, even ACORN are part of the wheel that made this meltdown. This financial crisis was completely preventable. The party that blocked any attempt to prevent it was the Democratic Party. The party that tried to prevent it was ... the Republican Party.

Yet when Nancy "off the table" Pelosi accused the Bush admin. and Republican deregulation of causing this horrible crisis, yet did the press take her to town on this? No...and nobody held her accountable either. Instead, the media places the blame on the Republicans who have taken offense at this vicious lie and whom refused to vote for the bailout!

Now let's follow the money ... right to the presidential candidate who is the number-two recipient of campaign contributions from Fannie Mae.

And after Freddie Raines, the CEO of Fannie Mae who made $90 million while running it into the ground, was fired for his incompetence, one presidential candidate's campaign actually consulted him for advice on housing.

IF that presidential candidate had been John McCain, we would heard, read, and be bombarded by this major scandal about how he was a corrupt fool. But, it was not McCain...on the contrary.

The corrupt fool is none other than candidate Barack Obama, and of course the liberal media buries this story and the Americans can go on blaming the Republican party. If El Nino were to hit they would blame that on the Republican party too.

However, when the McCain campaign dared to call Raines an "adviser" to the Obama campaign — because that campaign had sought his advice Obama's people actually got away with it and by flinging accusations that McCain lied. He didn't, because Raine was not an "on the payroll official advisor." But Raine was there - so McCain was right.

This was a Congress-caused crisis, it probably started way back in the 1970's with the Community Reinvestment Act under Carter and it could be a part of the Clinton administration, with Democrats leading the way into the crisis and blocking every effort to get out of it in a timely fashion.

Oh where did Obama buy that Teflon suit? Most likely Bear Stearns lobbying money.

Is he going to keep on allowing the Fed to print Monopoly money if elected? What is he going to do to help the trillion dollar derivatives market melt down? What about Medicaid? What about his Gatekeeper/Nanny state health plan? What about the people who lost their pension funds? Those out of a job and can't afford COBRA insurance? Right now America is facing probable national insolvency and a mighty long depression.

Instead of asking about which account one may want to open at whichever bank...how about starting a thread about what we can do to save what money we do have in the best way possible for John and Joan Q. Public.

Peace.

·
Registered
578 Posts
What do you think about gold right now? The prices have dropped quite a bit, is it a good time to purchase or do you think the dollar will keep gaining?

·
Super Moderator
12,204 Posts
I wouldn't mind hearing your opinions on a few items:

For investing speculative money, how do you rate buy and selling warrants?

For retirement planning for a person just starting out, what is your opinion of a deferred annuity with a large, stable, long history life insurance company?

What are your opinions on Harry Browne's ideas for the 'Permanent Portfolio'?

What are a couple of the best Swiss Banks for Americans to use

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
how about working for your money? money for nothing cant be right, and is isnt.
So you don't believe in banking. I understand not buying stocks and taking risks, but you won't even put your money in a savings account or a certificate of deposit?

That's all finance.

We will agree to disagree.

Im not in the stock market, so i laugh at those that are and are crying bloody murder.
I'm a day trader, so I'm riding the swings upward and sitting out the falls (because short selling is banned right now). Most of my money is tucked away in a few good regional banks when I'm not trading with it.

Let me explain it like this, as a day trader, I take all my money out of the stock market before night comes.

What do you think about gold right now? The prices have dropped quite a bit, is it a good time to purchase or do you think the dollar will keep gaining?
Are you investing Short Term or Long term?

For investing speculative money, how do you rate buy and selling warrants?
It would depend on the industry.

If you wanted to buy warrants for oil, I would recommend you invest in put warrants since the price of oil is falling. I would say it's a decent idea.

However, silver is on the rise so I would advise in Call warrants for that. I would say that's a decent idea.

Honestly, I don't like warrants, most of what I deal with is stocks, bonds and banking.

What are your opinions on Harry Browne's ideas for the 'Permanent Portfolio'?
The Permanent portfolio is a GREAT idea. The Permanent portfolio does a good job of diversifying your investments so that in a crisis, you don't lose all your money by putting it in one place. By investing in Gold, Stocks, Bonds and Cash equally, if one area of the economy takes a hit, you are covered.

For retirement planning for a person just starting out, what is your opinion of a deferred annuity with a large, stable, long history life insurance company?
If someone was just starting out, under these economic conditions, I would advise them not to put their money in to a deferred annuity. AIG had a long history of success and you see what happened to it? If the insurance company that's holding you annuity folds, you lose your money.

Since there's no telling who might fold next, I would say hold off.

I would advise putting your money in to a Certificate of deposit or a high interest savings account for the time being. The reason that I would do that is because it is insured by the government. If your bank goes down, you'll get anything up to 100,000 dollars back.

Once things start to settle out and the economy is back on the rise, I would then advise to put your money in to an deffered annunity, because in the long term you stand a chance of making more money.

What are a couple of the best Swiss Banks for Americans to use?
Hiding your assets using offshore accounts is illegal ya know?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes, that is true. That's why as a survivalist, I have invested in a lot more then just stuff that's worth paper money. Yes, I trade stock and invest money, but I also have used that to buy gold and silver.

I have a few ounces of real gold and silver in a little safe under one of my floor boards. If the economy goes to hell, I'll be prepared.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Smells like you don't know me. If you think everyone is out for their own good, then there's no way you would understand me liking or wanting to help people.

Here's a question, do you know the difference between a Unitised insurance fund and a unit investment trust?

If you were opening a bank account today, what bank would you go to?
With the credit crisis as it is, were would you go to get a loan?

Do you even know what is causing this economic crisis?

If you were opening a bank account today, would you put your money in to a certificate of deposit, or would you stick it in to a high yield savings account?

What's the difference between a 401K and a 403B?
Since I enjoy this kind of stuff, I'll play your game...

Answer 1 - No, but I can google. This stuff is not common knowledge for anyone who isn't in the business.

Answer 2 - Wells Fargo

Answer 3 - Wells Fargo - Since I can qualify.

Answer 4 - A lot of people like you, politicians who gambled as much as stock traders do, and Bin Laden (can't everything be blamed on him?).

Answer 5 - Personal choice. I haven't looked at CD rates lately, but my HSBC account rates have tanked since the Fed Funds rate has been dropped so much.

And the point of your post would be? I'm not knocking your first post, but it seems like this post was you just beating your chest. Listening to so-called experts has put a lot of people in bad situations. When it comes down to it, it's all someone's opinion of what you should do with your money.

Wells Fargo, I would say, is the only rock in this turbulent sea as far as banks go, but no company is safe at this point. All it takes is someone to nudge the rock (like the Senator or whoever, that wrote the letter that killed Indymac)

Commodities are always a solid investment, there will always be continued demand, in one degree or another, for gold, silver, etc. My suggestion, is hold it yourself, you can't give it to someone else and guarantee you'll get it back.

Diversification is always a good idea. I have Wells Fargo accounts, HSBC, cash, commodities (actual commodities, not futures which I believe are simply fubar), etc.

More people on this site are going to go for something they can hold themselves vs. trusting in someone else to do what's right. I think that's the typical nature which drove us to this site to begin with.

What's that saying? "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush"

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wells Fargo, I would say, is the only rock in this turbulent sea as far as banks go, but no company is safe at this point. All it takes is someone to nudge the rock (like the Senator or whoever, that wrote the letter that killed Indymac)
The reason for that big post was that captSammi was calling BS. I think he thought I was trying to take advantage of people by using a pump and dump scheme, or that I didn't know what I was talking about.

That or he thinks nothing in the economy is safe.

Actually Bank of America is safe and sound. It reported profits. I like to keep my money in some of the regional banks, because a lot of the regional banks are still sound as well. Most of the smaller banks didn't make the bad morgages that pulled the big banks down.

I use Suntrust bank which reported earnings of $0.88 per share last quarter.

-

The fact is we are survivalists right? We can survive in the wilderness, and if everything goes to hell. If we can do that, why can't we survive in normal civilized society as well? I mean why can't we Endure, Adapt and Overcome in a economic climate and society?

Yes, I agree with you that we can't trust people to do the right thing. That's why we are here, and that's why I'm a day trader.

Most of what I thought people were going to ask me was things about checking accounts and what savings account they should use.

You must also remember, yes we can survive and overcome, but how do we get our equipment, we buy it. I know I bought every gun that I own. How did I buy this? With money of course.

I don't listen to the experts either. I don't trust some of these "experts". Look at what the experts have done to us. I mean the government owns AIG now. Part of the reason I've done good is that I do the research and I look at the facts for myself. I don't care what the other people say. I looks at facts and I put them together as well as I can.

·
not a nut
1,629 Posts
Wolfman456 ..... ING has my company sponsored 401K think its safe? I've debating pulling it. I know about the fines and tax implications.

How safe is ING?

·
Super Moderator
12,204 Posts
A few more questions:

How do you feel about investing (building and owning) quadraplex housing units, built on large corner lots in diversified small towns for an income stream after retirement?

What are a couple of good Blue Chip Mutual funds?

What are a couple of good T-bill only money market funds?

And a point:

I'm well aware that trying to hide money is illegal, on shore or offshore, but as far as I can tell, having a reported Swiss bank account is still legal. They can provide some diversity not otherwise available.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
How do you feel about investing (building and owning) quadraplex housing units, built on large corner lots in diversified small towns for an income stream after retirement?
I actually don't know much about that. I'm more of a stocks, bonds and banking kind of guy. Yet I might know a guy.

What are a couple of good Blue Chip Mutual funds?
Right now, you'd be better keeping your money in a bank! Stock market Mutual funds are doing poorly.

What are a couple of good T-bill only money market funds?
Northwest Short Term Corporate Class A and Trans IMS Can-Global Bond

I'm well aware that trying to hide money is illegal, on shore or offshore, but as far as I can tell, having a reported Swiss bank account is still legal. They can provide some diversity not otherwise available.
The Union Bank of Switzerland (Also known as UBS)

·
Banned
9,294 Posts
What about foreign currency...

such as the Yen? How do you go about purchasing any?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts