Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Grevcon 10
15,350 Posts
Things are looking desperate. My wife and I both have been suffering from this for about 10 days. I passed out on day 7 twice landing face first in the floor. Bad nausea. Had to go to the ER. Spent six hours in there with slight covid pneumonia. Then went home feeling better. She ended up in there the same night. But night shift did not care as well. So she found no relief other than a zofran drip. Its beginning to affect my balance and mind. We have two children here and with noone to care for them. As were all quarantined. Im seriously wondering if either of us will pull through this. We can no longer drive safely. We recently started earlier today on the regular preventative dose of IV paste. Thing is. Well both likely end up back at the ER together this time. Do i need to mention us taking the IV? So they wont give something wrong? We have tried everything to beat this. I am normally the healthiest 49 year old. Covid dont care.
From what you're saying I'm assuming you're really really sick right now. If I'm getting this wrong, you can tone down what I'm saying appropriately.

10 days is when people have a turning and either get much better or much worse. Consistently. This happens to pretty much everyone. Sounds like you ended up on the wrong side of the split. You should have been monitoring your oxygen levels this whole time. This is vital information necessary to get the hospital to listen to you and take care of you. They judge you based on your oxygen levels and will ignore pretty much everything else. They're not going to use judgement. If O2 levels are within this range they will do this. if they are within that range they will do that. It's completely mechanical.

Assuming you're really at that point: If your children are not old enough to care for themselves find someone who is willing to get COVID to take care of your children. This is first priority. If you can't do it yourself just call 911. Tell them "My wife and I are both seriously ill with COVID, we need medical care, neither of us can drive to the hospital, and we have children here that we're too ill to take care of right now."

They'll send Fire, Ambulance, and probably Law Enforcement. You're not in trouble. This is going to generate a Children's Services incident but not a hostile one. Fire/Law Enforcement will be hanging out with your kids. Fire will probably get vitals on you before the ambulance gets there. The EMTs will cart you off to the hospital. A social worker will eventually show up and Fire/LE will hand off the kid to the social worker who will watch them, or make sure someone's watching them until you get out of the hospital. They'll ask if there's anyone you want them to try to contact to watch the kids and take care of it from there. This stuff isn't unusual. People go to the hospital and you can't take care of a child while you're in the hospital.

As for ivermectin, you're probably too late to make more than a small difference. It reduces the virus' growth rate but you let it run at full growth rate for 10+ days. Your body is likely over-reacting due to the large quantities of virus with antibodies which is clearing out the virus but also damaging your own body well beyond what it necessary to do so. What you probably need are steroids to get the run-away excessive immune reaction down to a reasonable level. This is going to require a hospital visit. Once that immune system feedback loop gets stopped that's when you're going to see some benefit from ivermectin in shortened recovery time.

Personally, if it's 1 normal dose and you didn't eat the whole tube, I wouldn't tell them about the ivermectin for fear of discrimination and a refusal to properly treat you by politically motivated providers (I really hate having to say this). The risk is that some medications can cause the ivermectin to cross the blood-brain barrier. In very high doses this can cause you to space out and zombify temporarily. But that's basically it and frankly not that bad of a thing when you're just laying in a hospital bed sucking in an oxygen mask.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Do you know what your oxygen levels are? You both need to go back to the emergency room right away. I read a lot of hospitals are turning people away in some states, but hopefully they will admit you if your oxygen levels are low. Don't wait because this is the point in the virus where it can get really bad. Do you have a neighbor or family member who already had Covid recently or is not worried about Covid to leave your kids with?

·
Indefatigable
21,478 Posts
As a retired nurse I understand your situation. If you have kids, then think of what will happen to them if you wait to long to ask for help. Think how their lives will be effected if they are forced to watch one or both of you expire at home.
Get PROFESSIONAL medical help NOW.

·
MyPrepperLife
4,993 Posts
MODS: Delete this post if you think it inappropriate. To me, it seems highly germane to this thread.

This situation is a perfect example of why everybody should have a Covid kit at home, ready to go. Refer to the "PREVENTION" section and "EARLY TREATMENT" section of this protocol to find out what should be in the kit. Most of the kit components can be bought over the counter, and you should try to find a doctor to prescribe the components that require a presctiption.

Also, as Colt said, the OP and his wife should have been monitoring their oxygen levels. For less than $20.00, you can buy a little device called a "fingertip pulse oximeter" that will enable you to monitor your oxygen level. A fingertip pulse oximeter is easy to use. Here is an Amazon link:

·
Pisticus Veritas
Very Prepared!!
34,869 Posts
Let's stay ON the OP's TOPIC folks.... not your anti-gov or conspiracy stuff.
Like this?: "Nevertheless ... the OP should get emergency care as pneumonia can be life threatening. I had never had it before and it almost "got me." Cool!!

·
"TURGID FLUX"
7,080 Posts
Having once almost died from pneumonia, I can only say it is foolish to try and treat yourself at home. I ignored the symptoms when they were minor and ended up hospitalised for days, far from home. I am pretty sure my heart was damaged as a result .

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
I ended up with double pneumonia and spent three days in the hospital. They hooked me up with an IV but I don't know what they were pumping into me. Something to help clear up the congestion. I was also on a steady flow of oxygen (2 liters per minute). If I exerted myself, they had a separate oxygen mask set for 6 liters per minute. Lots of rest and water is what they encouraged me to do.

On my own, I also mega-dosed Zinc, Vitamin C, Oil of Oregano, Echinacea, Vitamin D, and took the recommended amount of Ivermectin. I came out of it clean as a whistle.
Steroids to prevent pneumonia and improve breathing and antibiotics to prevent pneumonia are pretty common.

·
Premium Member
1,092 Posts
At this point, I sure hope the OP went to hospital or a doctor. It's one thing to feel like passing out, but it's completely different when you do. Get at least one of them to the hospital, I'm the first to say I hate doctors and hospitals, but you need to go you need to go. There is no sense in arguing that fact. I wish them the best and hope everything does work out.

·
Registered
294 Posts
If you are to the point you can’t drive you should probably go back to the hospital. Treating yourself at home with no medical experience or equipment could lead to your death. I have watched a lot of people die from covid, don’t let yourself become a statistic.
I wouldn't trust the hospital. They have a death protocol in place to put people on.

21 - 40 of 80 Posts