Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my HD camera for over a year now and have been looking for some kind of project. At first I wanted to do some kind of post-apocalyptic indie film but haven't had much luck garnering local interest.

Recently I've thought of doing some kind of Survivorman type spoof. Or maybe an instructional video like Kev. Unfortunately my survival skills are minimal at this time.

If anyone has any ideas or wants to get involved, especially if you live in the East Tn area, give me a shout.

I've got the camera, tripod, editing software, mic, etc.

Remember: He who tells the stories rules society.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I'm glad I read the post, it's much more innocent than the title lead me to believe. :)

You should make an instructional video from a novices point of view. Include what mistakes you make so that others getting started can learn from you. Start with some easy stuff that you feel comfortable with. If nothing else it'll give you practice with the camera and editing.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I've had my HD camera for over a year now and have been looking for some kind of project. At first I wanted to do some kind of post-apocalyptic indie film but haven't had much luck garnering local interest.

Recently I've thought of doing some kind of Survivorman type spoof. Or maybe an instructional video like Kev. Unfortunately my survival skills are minimal at this time.

If anyone has any ideas or wants to get involved, especially if you live in the East Tn area, give me a shout.

I've got the camera, tripod, editing software, mic, etc.

Remember: He who tells the stories rules society.
How do I know you don't fly around in a black helicopter? I'm suspicious of everyone:) I'm in Cookville, where are you.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I hesitated even posting this. I know people in a survivalist forum are probably a little on the paranoid side. Me included. But you can't just stick your head in the ground and hope for the best. I just figure it would be fun to do and that maybe I might learn something.

I'm in the Knoxville area.

MOS19K, that's a good idea about making a video from a novices point of view. If nothing else it would give people some laughs. I almost burnt my tongue off the only time I've ever tried eating a MRE. It pays to read the instructions, especially when there's a chemical reaction and heat involved.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts