Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Third World'er Lunatic
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
steel and poly,30 rounders?

Was up wheeling and dealing at the LGS today, He had four crates of em out front, New, cheap, 2 poly 2 steel, I dont have one........ yet...... I bought 20 of em., with my discount, I got em dirt cheap, anyway, reason I got em,.

he told me it was the last 30 rounders he was going to be able to purchase.
no more. nix. nada. He was busy and wouldn't elaborate with customers in the shop. (he put a few extra in my bag.)

is anything going on out there that I dont know about? I hadnt heard a word.

I do a lot of horse trading with this guy, He aint one to spook and move stock.

that was the other reason I got em.:xeye:

·
Have gun will travel
796 Posts
I haven't heard anything specific. Some Genuine Mil-Surps are gettin' scarce but plenty out there to the best of my knowledge. I'll ask tomorrow and let ya know. I need to put 20-30 back J.I.C.:thumb:

·
Comic, not your lawyer!
14,738 Posts
Nothing specific but if the next 3+ months follows the trends during Obama scare and the Sandy Hook nonsense, they'll dry up and triple in price for a period of time.

If the witch is elected, we'll likely never see cheap scary gun stuff again. They'll be after 'em for sure. Smart to buy 'em now.

I predict Executive Orders, AWBs, and bans on high capacities if she's in office. And no SCOTUS or Federal Judges to save us...

We are literally at "check" and about to hit "check mate" so to speak...

·
that's like, your opinion
17,825 Posts
steel and poly,30 rounders?

Was up wheeling and dealing at the LGS today, He had four crates of em out front, New, cheap, 2 poly 2 steel, I dont have one........ yet...... I bought 20 of em., with my discount, I got em dirt cheap, anyway, reason I got em,.

he told me it was the last 30 rounders he was going to be able to purchase.
no more. nix. nada. He was busy and wouldn't elaborate with customers in the shop. (he put a few extra in my bag.)

is anything going on out there that I dont know about? I hadnt heard a word.

I do a lot of horse trading with this guy, He aint one to spook and move stock.

that was the other reason I got em.:xeye:
this is a great tactic of a salesman... imprint the perception of a supply side limitation and watch **** fly off the shelf....

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
He's likely anticipating a Hillary ban on the horizon on the national level. I'm already stuck with a state ban, but I grandfathered enough in to keep myself functional before it kicked in.

·
Third World'er Lunatic
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yea, that would be a way to unload excess, but at my discount i got em for 5$ a pop, with normal out tha door at 8$. 2 weeks ago, when I saw 1 crate of the plastics, they were 13.$ a hit.

hes not one of the LGS's that panics, or Gouges. tells ya right out front if something is needing work, or a problem child. Not like the other place that Bullet prices have went up by the hour . didn't get a chance to go back there today. try tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
The largest of the LGS's here locally has a crap load of AK mags... And looking at them, they are "crap", going at premium prices considering... $25+ a pop. Those that don't know what a good AK mag looks like, along with what it costs, might decide that $25 is a good deal; I don't want to pay $25 for a beat up mag.. He also had some Pro-Mags for the same price; however, one can walk into Academy and pick them up for about $14. Had one guy at the office thought Promags were PMags.. Uh.. NO! I took him to Academy...

·
Awesome
17,223 Posts
yeah.. the whole "these are the last i have in stock and i wont be able to get anymore" bit is used by con artists all the time to manipulate gullible buyers into believing something is rare and they must hurry up and buy before actually doing research or they will miss their chance on a "great deal"

·
Registered
8,435 Posts
I'm hoping you didn't buy Korean Mags...?

To many good brands of affordable combloc steel ak mags out there. Heck I'd take a Magpul AK mag over a Korean mag.

·
Third World'er Lunatic
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
these are combloc steels, this guy dont do the scare tactic thing, we have swapped to much over the years.I know its rare, but when he buys a closed shop stock, he calls me early in the game, to pick thru. we been around each other a long time.

nope not Korean.

·
Registered
11,673 Posts
I'm hoping you didn't buy Korean Mags...?

To many good brands of affordable combloc steel ak mags out there. Heck I'd take a Magpul AK mag over a Korean mag.
The Korean AK actually work just fine, not sure why they get a bad rap, probably from people who never actually have used them. The "rumors" out there on them are not true. They used to be $5 a pop, but I think they are closer to $8-10 now. I have AK mags from all over, Yugo, Croatian, Romy tankers, Euro surplus, etc, the korean work just like the others do.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts