Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,
I would like to take my Son and Daughter hog hunting but am willing to hunt anything that is a nuisance. I live in the DFW area and thought we could help each other out.
Please message me if you have a population problem.

Thanks in advance!

Kevin M. Fox

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
All of texas has a hog population problem. :( The deer lease I'am on, its overran with hogs - and the local red necks hunt them all the time.

·
Registered
279 Posts
You might scout around at the LBJ National Grasslands on the larger units. I don't think there are a lot out there, but I know there are some.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Get out of the city and go have coffee a few mornings at a COOP. Get to be friends with a farmer or four.

I gotta say it.................Texas is a great state but it sucks when it comes to hunting on a budget. For a state its size it has very little public land and nearly everyone charges to hunt their land. When I was first stationed there in the 1986 I was amazed that people paid money to landowners to hunt. I had never heard of such a thing. In the last 25 years the trend has found its way to my home state of Nebraska, but there are still plenty of folks who will let you hunt for free....as long as you're respectful to their property, of course. Load your truck with a 12 pack of beer and a good pair of work gloves as payment.

Fortunately I have a friend who still owns the old family farm, though he doesn't farm it anymore. I'm going down in a couple weeks for hog hunting and hope to fill the coolers again this year. Good eats!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts