Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
American Survival Guide, to be clear/specific. :)

W.W.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
ASG mag...

Cool! Email me some copies, ple-a-s-s-e....:wow

W.W.

·
Veteran 11BC2/EOD
2,020 Posts
They are online now, no printed hard copy any longer, but the magazine is still there.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
yeah after Y2K went bust, they stopped printing, ive saved all my copies, cause they always had some interesting stuff in there, i havent checked out their online articles so i guess i should. def a good mad in its day!

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
A friend published some stuff in there and there were regular articles from a guy in Tok, can't recall his exact name. I remember the one where he and his wife killed 4 or 5 charging grizzlies, like something out of Day of the Animals.

I liked the magazine. Had lots of good stuff in it but it was getting a little green and boring.

·
Grand Poobah of Sarcasm
3,083 Posts
Yes the magazine decided to become more politically correct. They lost a lot of readers because of it. They went bankrupt and Backwoods Home Magazine bought their subscription list. BHM was good enough to send us magazines until our subscriptions ran out. We have subscribed to Backwoods Home ever since.

·
Aquaholic
4,906 Posts
i used to buy every issue when it came out. great read.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Saved tons of them but, threw them out when we moved. Magazines are HEAVY! I would never pay $20 for six internet issues. They have no distribution costs, it should be a LOT cheaper not more. If they droped the price I would! :xeye:

·
Do you smell that?
4,591 Posts
The guy in Tok was Chris Janowski of the World Survival Institue. He has since passed away. The reason they went out of print was because the editor passed away. It was a pretty good mag. I just recently sold several years worth of issues on Ebay.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Chris Janowski wrote one of the best wilderness survival books there is: "SURVIVAL, a manual that could save your life".

The "real deal" Many of his great techniqes that have been regurgitated for the last 20 years. It is listed in the credits of the latest Millitary SERE & survival manuals.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Best survival manual ever written is here

http://www.usrsog.org/manu.htm

6 ways in, 12 ways out is incredable in the amount of knowlege in that little book. More than we could post in 100 years. A bargain at $12
That is the other one! I had mine spiral bound (easier to keep open while your hands are working) and the covers laminated for $3 at Staples.

It is mostly a re-write of a U.S. SERE manual. With tons of additional info based on real world experience. lThis is the best one to have with you in your pack. If you practice the techniqes and have it with you it WILL save your ass! :thumb:

PS, I think its $15 now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts